[PSL] A Revisionist History Courtesy of the Hosts

4 hours ago, Nawe said:

tell me that this is not a real thing

nobody care about it lol, go search for donations if someone want to see some match

Oh nooo the hosts agreed to give 2m to the mvp's of pslx. When did psl become about the money? That's a retorical question so don't answer that. You're fucking weak brah. Go leave your bros at LIVE six more times and come complain some more.  

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Oh nooo the hosts agreed to give 2m to the mvp's of pslx.

I still do not think that deducting the money from PSL prize pool is a good idea, mainly because this was not consulted with the community that donated this money at all. These are not even "hype" matches, maybe aside from two or three. Most of these duels are very one sided and the winner is pretty clear unless some really wild rng will happen. I also do not see any reason to potentially reward someone who did not show anything during this PSL season (a'ka had a terrible winrate, didn't contritube to his team at all or just didn't play whatsoever).

term "mvp's of pslx" is also so wrong in so many ways I'll just go ahead and keep tearing apart this post

When did psl become about the money? That's a retorical question so don't answer that.

I'll answer because your rhetorical (rethorical? I'm honestly unsure how this is spelt) question seems to have a different answer than intended: "I dunno, maybe when you were whining to Aura people that we are not donating or bragging how much money we gathered during some seasons? hmmmm... :thonking: "

You're fucking weak brah. Go leave your bros at LIVE six more times and come complain some more.  

So typical for a person like yourself to perform a personal attack when someone disagrees with something you do or want.

Nahwel has a point. Also I believe that discussing this prior to the announcement of something like this happening would:

1. build the hype (maybe). Amount of posts in this thread perfectly proves how exciting these matches are lmao

2. surely gather bigger donation than puny 2m

3. And wouldn't take away money from PSL prize pool

And I believe that hosts would also take blame in here due to an absolute lack of transparency. And letting someone like you, actually post the thread, but since you've done it, I'll pour my disapprovement of the idea and it's execution right on your face.

Edited by RysPicz
I embarris.

Nah. The execution of this is fucked. If this was an event purely in the spirit of PSL and what it has brought to the game, and not simply an outburst of egotism, then that prize money wouldn’t be taken away from the already comparatively small prize pot, and more importantly from the people who actually earned it this season. 

These matches should be wagers, since the only people involved in PSL who actually give a shit about this are the ones in the fixtures. Or, they should be funded by separate donations from people silly enough to invest in what is effectively an act of self-indulgence. 

@ the hosts, I respect you all as players and you’re all my friends, but this is poor - really poor. I’m glad I didn’t donate.

Edited by Zymogen
6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Oh nooo the hosts agreed to give 2m to the mvp's of pslx. When did psl become about the money? That's a retorical question so don't answer that. You're fucking weak brah. Go leave your bros at LIVE six more times and come complain some more.  

seems someone is mad because i dont want to be in a dead team with only 1 or 2 online players (if has luck and they dont have real things to do)

ofc its not for the money but i played only like 5 times and i used lot of money building teams changing sets because needed to play a tier that i dont play (needing to use dubs comps) and breeding some new mons and ppups and more shits, and thats only me, other players who played a lot more uset more money probably, soy dont come here with that shit of "its not for the money" because its a price based on DONATIONS FOR PSL, not for some matchs who people not care (ye i answer because its a shit retorical question)

if you want to make these matchs real, just search for donations for them

i just wake up like 30min ago or so, probably some things are a bit dificult to understand but i dont care now, not wasting more time in this post

oh ye also, last thing, there isnt reward prices for the "bests players" when they give them sigs? so dont come here with that shit of host giving a price for "the bests"

Edited by Nawe

Especially considering that the prize pool wasn't particularly great to begin with this season, I don't really think its fair to take money from there for this. I understand you all want to generate hype, but this is more demoralizing than anything tbh. The "hype" would still be here(if not more so) if the battles were wagers, at least the you stand to risk something.

38 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I wasn't planning to take any money for my duel in the event I won if that can reassure some.

Same, I wasn't going to take any money.

3 hours ago, Nawe said:

oh ye also, last thing, there isnt reward prices for the "bests players" when they give them sigs? so dont come here with that shit of host giving a price for "the bests"

About this, it's going to be mailed after the season finishes.

Let's be real, no one here cares about money(and 250k is nothing on this game), we just thought that it would be a cool idea do some exhibition matches with the best players of this season for the community to enjoy. The prize money was just like an "extra reason" to make it happen, but most of us really don't care about it.

Anyways, we'll be dropping the money from our bag. 

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

See how easy it is to trigger a couple nabbs over 250k? Smh, dead ass game with greedy ass players. 

I mean I just donated 17m to a tournament for the community, this isnt about the money, its about the fact that the players who worked hard throughout this season of psl are being shortchanged because either people are being egotistical or they just don't care about the efforts of others. I'll let you decide which one