Pokemon Daycare Centers - Pokemon Eggs

34 minutes ago, LeotheKitsune said:

Why do you have to pay 21,000 Poke Dollars to get a Pokemon Egg from the Daycare Center in Hoenn?

Apart from providing the poke ball, you can choose the option of paying some money to guarantee the gender of the breed which is very useful when breeding things to breed again. The fee for gender guarantees is dependent on the gender ratio of Pokemon where a 12.5% chance of a gender e.g. female Eevee will cost 21k to guarantee. Pokemon of a 25% gender ratio e.g. Male Corsola will cost 9k to guarantee and Pokemon with a usual gender ratio of 50% or more for a specific gender will cost 5k. If you don't need to guarantee a gender, then you don't need to pay any additional fees, just be careful to select the right option when selecting the egg. Hope this helps.

Edited by Linfanz
2 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

Apart form providing the poke ball, you can choose the option of paying some money to guarantee the gender of the breed which is very useful when breeding things to breed again. The fee for gender guarantees is dependent on the gender ratio of Pokemon where a 12.5% chance of a gender e.g. female Eevee will cost 21k to guarantee.

They need to get rid of the pay method to get a Pokemon Egg. It's ridiculous. Is there a way to petition this?

Just now, LeotheKitsune said:

They need to get rid of the pay method to get a Pokemon Egg. It's ridiculous. Is there a way to petition this?

Once again, you aren't paying for the egg. If you read what I have already posted, you are paying to guarantee the gender to make subsequent breeds much easier to do. If you don't want to pay an additional fee, then select the correct option when collecting the egg. 

1 minute ago, Linfanz said:

Once again, you aren't paying for the egg. If you read what I have already posted, you are paying to guarantee the gender to make subsequent breeds much easier to do. If you don't want to pay an additional fee, then select the correct option when collecting the egg.  

It still should be lowered at least. 21k is overpriced. It's robbery.

6 minutes ago, LeotheKitsune said:

Sorry that doesn't sound right to me. Is there a way where it can be lowered some in a future update please?

I don't see why it would need to be lowered. 21k isn't excessive (its literally just over 2 gym battle rematches) and it also maintains the intended rarity of Pokemon which have a low gender ratio. This game is an MMO and therefore unlike the vanilla games, we have additional game mechanics to keep the game balanced and as fair as possible. Just because you don't like spending a bit of money doesn't mean the mechanic should be changed/modified.

Also, the 21k gender fee affects less than 30 Pokemon species obtainable in the game, when you start breeding more, you'll more than likely see the gender fee is 5k on the majority of occasions.

Edited by Linfanz
2 hours ago, LeotheKitsune said:

It's robbery.

Hello! ^^

I don't understand your statement, it's not like someone is keeping your money to give you the egg in the gender you want. I know you're upset about the price, but 21k over a comp breeding isn't expensive at all and if it's not meant to be comp then you don't really need it to be female, you can just not pay and get your egg with random gender.

It's not like people aren't breeding females because of that. :/

4 hours ago, LeotheKitsune said:

I think you are either not aware of how to breed properly or clueless to the price a comp pokemon cost to make otherwise you wouldn't say that because it isn't.

i am an eevee lover and i bred many comp one to the point where most of my breed where 21k gender fee and i still don't consider this robbery

8 hours ago, LeotheKitsune said:

Hi. Why do you have to pay 21,000 Poke Dollars to get a Pokemon Egg from the Daycare Center in Hoenn? That's very ridiculous when in the original games they are free. I really hope this gets fixed in an update.

7 hours ago, LeotheKitsune said:

Hello LeotheKitsune, I need to enlighten you a bit about why we have this fee. Some citizens think that is unfair to be taxed on breeding, but the American Public doesn't usually complain about the Fed raising interest rates. Why is this? I have one answer for you, to prevent inflation.

As for this not happening in the original games, these games only have one player. PokeMMO is a server with a lot of people almost like a country, hence we have countermeasures to prevent inflation. If we did not have these measures or "money sinks," then we would have a troubled economy on PokeMMO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PokeMMO is not stealing 21k from you when you log off, so you're not being robbed.

Spoiler

@Darkshade phrased it beautifully, you can opt out of paying the fee entirely by not being a part of the process.

8 hours ago, Darkshade said:

So then don't pay it.

It's intended to be a money sink.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion, PokeMMO has to take these measures in order for the economy to stay stable. If PokeMMO got rid of all the money sinks tomorrow, then things are going to be extremely expensive on PokeMMO because the currency is not going to have much leverage anymore. We may have to rely on hard assets like Lucky Eggs or shinies to hedge against an actual PokeYen Recession. Money sinks although painful to some are needed to maintain a good economy.