Trade Evolution Alternative

Michelle

Question

I was wondering if there might be any chance to stop players from having to seek someone out for a trade evolution. I do like how trade evolutions work, and they can be rewarding when you are traveling with a friend. Though scams are very possible, perhaps an alternative.. 

I have a few ideas for this:

-A trading NPC that is excited to help you evolve your Pokemon. (Above PokeCenters?)

-An option in the trade menu to indicate an evolution trade, without taking away the Pokemon, anyone could help trigger this. (Could cause some confusion and worry being the trade menu though.)

-An object that could be used like an evolution stone for trade Pokemon, perhaps giving value to something that could use it. This would also still create a draw to trading with a friend.

What do you think?

Edited by Michelle

7 answers to this question

v Me finding a player to help me trade evolve
Image result for spider man pointing
Also me helping a player with his trade evolution ^

- But to the suggestion maybe add a "behavior score" to players.
   - Default is N.  - Good is B   - Great is A  
   - Suspect is E  - Bad is F

- Only players with A or B can access the chat meant for evolution trading.

- That way the social interaction will always be nice and welcoming.

Unlike Global... Where it took me 20 mins trying to make people understand that I know what a TM is, but I just don't know how a "TM??" in the moves list of a Pokemon is obtained.
GOD that was annoying. (Then turns out it isn't obtainable even.) 

3 hours ago, RoiZzz said:

@Darkshade

this would be very good, because sometimes even trusted players of the people do not trade back to return the pokemon, this is really annoying T-T

There is a scamming rule you know just adding a little note on the trade box about the rule could lower the number of people stupid enough to scam while also telling the potentially scammed person that it is report worthy and banable.

I can see your point @ThePrettyPetard, but I would also hope this suggestion would take away from reports, and the possibility of scamming. That combined with staff no longer needing to meet people to evolve their Pokemon would be free up some time for staff members, as well as alleviate worry from a long standing problem. I'm not saying a warning message wouldn't hinder things, but it wouldn't completely solve any of the current problems either.

Edited by Michelle
56 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

There is a scamming rule you know just adding a little note on the trade box about the rule could lower the number of people stupid enough to scam while also telling the potentially scammed person that it is report worthy and banable.

One thing that anybody who designs an MMO, or manages a community quickly finds out is that people do not always follow rules; if there is a way to put a preventative measure in place to stop people doing the thing that you want to put a rule in place to prevent, then doing so is a generally a better option.

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

I can see your point @ThePrettyPetard, but I would also hope this suggestion would take away from reports, and the possibility of scamming. That combined with staff no longer needing to meet people to evolve their Pokemon would be free up some time for staff members, as well as alleviate worry from a long standing problem. I'm not saying a warning message wouldn't hinder things, but it wouldn't completely solve any of the current problems either.

In my opinion the real problem isn't the need for trade evo but rather that people don't even try to speak with one another anymore a safe way to do it with people won't change that people are afraid to talk with one another. Both solutions mine and yours won't fix everything because what we need is people to talk with one another and stop being afraid.

4 hours ago, Darkshade said:

One thing that anybody who designs an MMO, or manages a community quickly finds out is that people do not always follow rules; if there is a way to put a preventative measure in place to stop people doing the thing that you want to put a rule in place to prevent, then doing so is a generally a better option.

Not saying that you are wrong but i feel like it would be easier from a developer standpoint to just add a message instead of a bew mechanic wich would achieve about the same result without running the risk of this new mechanic to cause problems if an error happen.