Should we face inflation?

Ryu

7 minutes ago, Goku said:

They can do what they want without having an affect on us or our server.

Incredibly hard to moderate, due to the language barrier I believe

5 minutes ago, Qaeaas said:

ow back to the point, berries produce too many gold coins.

~I don't think berries are a problem, because you're selling in the market to other players, no new money influx from them, it's pretty much trading.

Gyms on the other hand, kinda create this problem, even if 1 doing gyms is only a couple hundred k's per day, a 1000 doing it, is a a massive inflaction, and we dont have good methods to burn that money, since most of the community don't invest in competitive pokemons.

8 minutes ago, razimove said:

Incredibly hard to moderate, due to the language barrier I believe

They should recruit chinese staff members who are proper and fair to moderate. Like honestly I don't see how the problem can be solved otherwise. A big hole has been digged and now it can't be filled.

Edited by Goku

Easy solution:

Make berries sell for 200$ at the store.

I dont know which berries are being discussed here when people talk about this problem. But when the payout is really too good it should be changed asap. I mean they even nerved npc payouts at one point ... 

Edited by EazyDog
2 hours ago, razimove said:

~I don't think berries are a problem, because you're selling in the market to other players, no new money influx from them, it's pretty much trading

I dont think the OP is talking about the berrys for EV or PP that are sold on GTL but the berrys you sell at pokemarts. As someone that isnt a CN i grow berry to sell at pokemart and use 3 acc and can make 13-15m a week just watering berrys. Its something that can easily be done by anyone and take no time to just water plants.

Edited by xExotic
3 minutes ago, xExotic said:

I dont think the OP is talking about the berrys for EV or PP that are sold on GTL but the berrys you sell at pokemarts. As someone that isnt a CN i grow berry to sell at pokemart and use 3 acc and can make 13-15m a week just watering berrys. Its something that can easily be done by anyone and take no time to just water plants.

I had no idea this was a thing now

28 minutes ago, razimove said:

I had no idea this was a thing now

Some facts to digest:

The berry buff was given early this year.

Logging in 3 hours a day, in average, I can make 1 billion in a year. No risks involved.

The people who deny berry impact either don't know about it, haven't bothered to calc profits, or want less people to know about it.

The only concern I'm worried about out of all of this is this simple thing, will the gap with new players and old players be a barrier that is impossible to pass? Will the rich stay rich and the poor stay less than those who are rich already? If the answer is no, then I don't see a huge problem...YET. Naturally; I feel like the Berry Sale Price should be lowered slightly; because it is really high with literally zero risk involved.

10 minutes ago, Gawerty said:

The only concern I'm worried about out of all of this is this simple thing, will the gap with new players and old players be a barrier that is impossible to pass? Will the rich stay rich and the poor stay less than those who are rich already? If the answer is no, then I don't see a huge problem...YET. Naturally; I feel like the Berry Sale Price should be lowered slightly; because it is really high with literally zero risk involved.

What's the problem. The more people that's gonna do it will lower the price. 

51 minutes ago, Tsuruga said:

Logging in 3 hours a day, in average, I can make 1 billion in a year.

this much I also knew, but I only tested out doing leppas, never the npcs. If you also do gyms daily that's another 100m per year, on each char you do.

1 hour ago, Gawerty said:

they're did it with npcs payouts / gym cooldowns , this was 2 , like u said ' zero risk involved ' ways to make $$ , they always do something about the easiest ways to make money , no idea why.

and it's easy to be noticed this berry farming method is not something most of ppl know about , i'm mean ... until now , and i already can see they nerfing it in the next update.
thanks @xExotic

4 minutes ago, xRdZiiiN said:

they're did it with npcs payouts / gym cooldowns , this was 2 , like u said ' zero risk involved ' ways to make $$ , they always do something about the easiest ways to make money , no idea why.

and it's easy to be noticed this berry farming method is not something most of ppl know about , i'm mean ... until now , and i already can see they nerfing it in the next update.
thanks @xExotic

Nerfing it is almost the only real option there is; because it makes getting money just that much more easier than it should be in an MMO environment, if money payout is way too high for anything; then prices will rise exponentially to meet that money pay out increase over time and it'll make the economy that much more unfriendly for new players or players trying to get into the economy for their first time.

Edited by Gawerty
3 hours ago, Tsuruga said:

Some facts to digest:

Logging in 3 hours a day, in average, I can make 1 billion in a year. No risks involved.

The people who deny berry impact either don't know about it, haven't bothered to calc profits, or want less people to know about it.

You just gave people the answer and this is going to be a huge money grind..

2 minutes ago, Tearon said:

You just gave people the answer and this is going to be a huge money grind..

Some reasons why I didn't mind/couldn't careless:

- The method is publicized and widely known by almost all Chinese, and they are the major player base in the game. 

- The richer you become, the less rewards there are to obtain. I made 500m in 3 months (including trading, etc.) and there are next to none things I want to buy now.

- As somebody in this thread already mentioned, it's tough for me to find a meaningful end-game purpose now, so hopefully the devs will look into this and change something in future updates in order to enrich the Pokemon, not berry, content. I stopped grinding for berries already because the money hardly matters anymore.

Good luck to everyone walking on the billionaire path ;)

However, u can't deny that Chinese community is so good in balancing the seeds' prices market. U can only earn a max of 1m every 3 days. 

BTW, u have to watering plants every 8hours, this effort must be paid. And if there is no Chinese community, maybe u hav to pay few k for 1 berry.

Back then, I quit MMO becoz it is too hard for me to farm money.

As u said, Donator's status goes up to price 10M !! Is this encouraging others to topup money to play a game ???

I will play pokeMMO bcoz this is my childhood memorial, not bcoz being pro or else, just a relaxing game.

At the end, I want to quote a word from meme, "This game costs us Life but not money, we pay Life to hunt but not money to buy shiny."

16 hours ago, Hao said:

Everything that happened in 2018 completely changed the mmo market.

E.g

1. Android client launch
  2. Entry of a large number of Chinese players

It is undeniable that 2018 is the most brilliant year of pokemmo

But should we face the current inflation problem?

Planting berries, it really adds a lot of color to pvp and pve.(E.g ppBerry added a lot of fun for hunting shiny)

But the problem now is that most Chinese players now create multiple accounts to grow berries.

The use of berries is not pvp and pve. Instead, it is sold to npc in exchange for money.(Skip more sensitive topics)

The launch of the berry is to add new ways to the game, rather than simply collecting money.

Over time, you will need to spend 10m or more to buy one Donator status ticket.

This is such a complicated situation to address, but I am going to give my response on the matter.

In the past, the development team has been fighting inflation by 2 for 1 breeding, fees to breeding the right pokemon, tax on GTL, etc.

------------------------------------------------

As for the rapid increase of PokeMMO's Chinese Population, fellow citizens state that we should just "ip ban china." This would be counterintuitive to PokeMMO's values. Some people may think that protectionism is the way to go, but we should try to figure out ways to work with the Chinese population rather than walling them off.

(I usually pull up Google Translate to solve the language barrier)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone does a crime like RMT or botting on PokeMMO, regardless of race or ethnicity, then that person should be punished by the GMs and SGMs.

-------------------------------------------------------------

9 hours ago, Qaeaas said:

I'm a Chinese player. I'm sorry about inflation and RMT.My English is not proficient, with Baidu translation reply.If it's hard to understand, I'm sorry.

What I want to express is that China is too short of good games.Pokemon was the childhood of most people of my age. We've also played various Handheld game consoles.So I like Pokemon very much, but a person is too lonely to play. With a good game like pokemmo, the number of people will inevitably increase dramatically. Everyone who likes pikemon is willing to recommend pokemmo to others who like Pokemon as well.

Now back to the point, berries produce too many gold coins. I don't think it's a very troublesome thing. Because gold coins are used to incubate Pokemon and buy fashion. Official teams can solve this problem by introducing more NPCs for gold coin recycling (e.g. high-priced gold coins for beautiful fashions).

Finally, about RMT,really sorry.This is the game environment in China.A lot of studios join in when a game is hot.Chinese players also hate and resist them!But there are too many Chinese people.

That's my opinion. Thanks.

Thank you for your input sir. It is always nice to hear from someone that has seen this situation first hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion, I feel that we should be empathetic of the citizens of China entering into PokeMMO's community. As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I look beyond race and ethnicity and acknowledge that we are all just players trying to have a good time. Lets stand united as fellow players!

- Bf

is inflation really the issue here? inflation in the literal sense would imply that everyone has an unprecedented amount of money at their disposal, to the point that it loses its purchasing power, and people are dropping 900m on something that would have been worth 1k. (extreme, but you get the point)

not so long ago people (including me) were crying for new, more efficient methods of making money because gyms are too laborious. as far as i know, nothing has changed in that regard; nothing has been implemented that overshadows previous moneymaking methods in terms of output, so i ask why is "inflation" now an issue all of a sudden? the only thing that i can think of that even tenuously relates to the principle of inflation is the recent universal devaluation of shinies as a whole due to a large influx within recent months. this may or may not be accelerated by an increase in playerbase (regardless of ethinicity, because it really doesn't fucking matter you racists), but ultimately it is an unavoidable phenomenon. shinies have always been a form of negative investment, as naturally more units are being brought into the game through random encounters than units are being removed via breeding and/or releasing; thus their rarity slowly decreases and therefore so does their demand. profit is only ever made through bartering, and not through inherent positive investment.

with respect to vanities, time-limiteds have always been a positive investment as units are only ever removed from the game due to the sole principle of the "time-limited" tag; people in possession of these vanities gradually quit the game/stop selling them and so the fact that some vanities are reaching new highs is only to be expected. this, in my eyes, is not necessarily a bad thing as it is not a representation of the economy itself, and more-so a representation of the rarity and demand of said items; the complete opposite of what is currently happening in the shiny market. 

tl;dr all i see is people looking for someone to blame without coming up with any real solutions. some of the arguments used here to pin the blame on a certain population of people are inane and simply common sense from an economic standpoint. if you want shiny values to increase, breed your ots into the ground to remove them from the game. if you want gyms to pay out less money, then you're going to have to argue with a lot of disagreeing people. 

Spoiler

@Havsha did i do you proud dad?

Edited by Zymogen

I do not find inflation problems, the economy is different for everyone anyway. Doing the daily gym's and some npc is enough to raise a poke per day. What is certain is that some things went up in price and others went down, my way of making money is simple, I play pvp, I buy items with pb and I sell them for money, it takes much less time than investing so much in farm.