Should we face inflation?

Ryu

Everything that happened in 2018 completely changed the mmo market.

E.g

1. Android client launch
  2. Entry of a large number of Chinese players

It is undeniable that 2018 is the most brilliant year of pokemmo

But should we face the current inflation problem?

Planting berries, it really adds a lot of color to pvp and pve.(E.g ppBerry added a lot of fun for hunting shiny)

But the problem now is that most Chinese players now create multiple accounts to grow berries.

The use of berries is not pvp and pve. Instead, it is sold to npc in exchange for money.(Skip more sensitive topics)

The launch of the berry is to add new ways to the game, rather than simply collecting money.

Over time, you will need to spend 10m or more to buy one Donator status ticket.

8 minutes ago, zyxxhh said:

Indeed, I suggest that only one user can be created for an account 

Would never happen since so many players including myself have different accounts with multiple characters that have completed the game.

1 hour ago, Hao said:

The use of berries is not pvp and pve. Instead, it is sold to npc in exchange for money.(Skip more sensitive topics)

Is this really affecting the economy in a bad way?

From my experience, money used to be too hard to get.

This method sounds healthy at first glance -- but I haven't played in a while.

45 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Is this really affecting the economy in a bad way?

From my experience, money used to be too hard to get.

This method sounds healthy at first glance -- but I haven't played in a while.

Yes, more than 50% of the players in the Chinese community are talking about growing berries.

And almost all have multiple accounts at the same time planting to achieve high harvest,

3 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

The general problem about inflation (irl) is that all your savings essentially become worthless and this isn't really the case in PokeMMO where the NPC vendor prices are static which means unless Devs go out their way to make stuff more expensive, you can still afford everything you could afford before.

sounds smart, ill believe it

2 hours ago, Hao said:

The use of berries is not pvp and pve. Instead, it is sold to npc in exchange for money.

The launch of the berry is to add new ways to the game, rather than simply collecting money.

I think OP's main concern is the game has become more like BerryMMO/Farmville.

I do agree that berry profit margin and profit/time spent ratio is massive compared to all other money making methods.

However, berry farming is also the only method that requires time commitment and discipline. You cannot just log into the game at anytime and start making money like the other methods. Not a lot of people with irl activities can do that, much less for farming berries with a large number of accounts. So take that into account also. 

Personally I wouldn't mind a slight nerf for berry profit. If the end-game goal of one is to get rich, currently the time you spend in the game not growing berries is inefficient time, and that just doesn't sound right to me in a Pokemon game.

The nerf would also lengthen the time for new players to reach their end-game state (having enough money to breed most comps, buy shinies/vanities they want, etc.), which I think will be beneficial to the game maker.

38 minutes ago, SinPoke said:

Personally I wouldn't mind a slight nerf for berry profit. If the end-game goal of one is to get rich, currently the time you spend in the game not growing berries is inefficient time, and that just doesn't sound right to me in a Pokemon game.

the chinese can make has much money has they want from berry farming in my opinion. the more money they make the more they will spend in other stuff.

5 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

the chinese can make has much money has they want from berry farming in my opinion.

Can you reword?

Anyway tbh I don't really care much about the issue, it's artificial money in a game after all.

It's more of the lack of end-game contents that bored me, e.g. looking for them to add pvp-exclusive prizes for laddering (which is a great aspect in other games), but that's a different topic altogether.

4 minutes ago, SinPoke said:

Can you reword?

Anyway tbh I don't really care much about the issue, it's artificial money in a game after all.

It's more of the lack of end-game contents that bored me, e.g. looking for them to add pvp-exclusive prizes for laddering (which is a great aspect in other games), but that's a different topic altogether.

berry farming is something the devs buffed becaus there was so little interest into it before. it just fill in a need if the chinese become the berry farmer we won't see has much shortage of berry becaus of them at least.

4 hours ago, Hao said:

t is undeniable that 2018 is the most brilliant year of pokemmo

press X to doubt.

About inflaction, this is happening, because there's nothing new other than the dumb idea of limited vanities, that they keep hammering down, to invest into. There's only 3 real 'burn money' methods introduced ingame, braces, TMs and pokeballs, and npcs create to much 'new' money. 

Just now, ThePrettyPetard said:

berry farming is something the devs buffed becaus there was so little interest into it before. it just fill in a need if the chinese become the berry farmer we won't see has much shortage of berry becaus of them at least.

It's less of a issue for the berries being listed in GTL (leppa, ev-reducing berries, etc.)

The most profitable berries are the ones sold directly to NPC, as OP mentioned. Those berries don't contribute to the game dynamic in an MMO.

i don't remember seeing any topics here when they first come to the game, and in that occasion they're selling a lot of RP really cheap for everyone, including the ppl who always complain about them on forums , that's really sad.

16 minutes ago, razimove said:

they are tho, that's legit the issue. 

give us a solution , if u have one, please.

25 minutes ago, razimove said:

just like in every other current popular mmo, ip ban china, ez. All they do is ruin the experience for other players.

That's a brutal and inefficient way to solve a issue like this.

Edited by Gawerty
non-issue > issue; just woke up.
Just now, Gawerty said:

That's a brutal and inefficient way to solve a non-issue. 

Problem is, it's just to hard to control the gold farmers market, RMT, bots, etc everything at once, and until a less harmful but equally effective solution has been found, that's how they're solving it. I mean, not long ago, the player appeal section of the forum, had 1000+ unsolved appeals, and this was there for weeks, so just imagine, how many of them abuse bots, rmt, etc.

1 minute ago, razimove said:

Problem is, it's just to hard to control the gold farmers market, RMT, bots, etc everything at once, and until a less harmful but equally effective solution has been found, that's how they're solving it. I mean, not long ago, the player appeal section of the forum, had 1000+ unsolved appeals, and this was there for weeks, so just imagine, how many of them abuse bots, rmt, etc.

This is one of the sensitive topics I skipped.

1 minute ago, razimove said:

I'm not saying that it isn't a problem, but I can equally guarantee that there are plenty of players in China whom aren't like that; and I can also guarantee that if they really wanted to, the current China player-base would find a way around it. Besides that point, all of these issues exist globally, not within just China, granted it may not have been as noticeable or harmful due to less noticeable saturation, but it was there. They'll (The PokeMMO Team) is likely working on various ways to solve the issues at hand.

13 minutes ago, Gawerty said:

Besides that point, all of these issues exist globally,

Yes they do, they're just not as big as the ones within china, just search for WoW gold farmers, Lost Ark china ip ban, etc, there's tons of articles regarding this subject.

14 minutes ago, Gawerty said:

there are plenty of players in China whom aren't like that

I met a couple of pretty cool chinese people, nothing wrong with them, but the community as a whole is a problem imo, they're not bad people, and most won't have bad intentions, but there will always be those who have, and it's a popular subject in china.

53 minutes ago, razimove said:

just like in every other current popular mmo, ip ban china, ez. All they do is ruin the experience for other players.

Harsh xDDD The sad reality is though that they are the biggest playerbase in game. My solution is just to give them their own server. They can do what they want without having an affect on us or our server. The truth though with how they play is that in a few months time our server's economy will be better than their's guaranteed because as we all know they are the majority that cheat the system.

Edit: Don't try to tell me otherwise. Ya'll know this is facts.

Edited by Goku

I'm a Chinese player. I'm sorry about inflation and RMT.My English is not proficient, with Baidu translation reply.If it's hard to understand, I'm sorry.

What I want to express is that China is too short of good games.Pokemon was the childhood of most people of my age. We've also played various Handheld game consoles.So I like Pokemon very much, but a person is too lonely to play. With a good game like pokemmo, the number of people will inevitably increase dramatically. Everyone who likes pikemon is willing to recommend pokemmo to others who like Pokemon as well.

Now back to the point, berries produce too many gold coins. I don't think it's a very troublesome thing. Because gold coins are used to incubate Pokemon and buy fashion. Official teams can solve this problem by introducing more NPCs for gold coin recycling (e.g. high-priced gold coins for beautiful fashions).

Finally, about RMT,really sorry.This is the game environment in China.A lot of studios join in when a game is hot.Chinese players also hate and resist them!But there are too many Chinese people.

That's my opinion. Thanks.