Team Tournament November 2018 [Saturday 24]

1 hour ago, razimove said:

TT announced 3 days earlier doens't allow for much preparation for certain players. Much less now with trading features disabled. 

Would postponing it 1 week be impossible?

At this point, no.

I understand it might cause problems, but team tournament is ALWAYS on last Saturday of the month, and sign-ups are always on Thursday before that Saturday (not counting December). It's always on the same time, and tiers were announced earlier too. As well as date btw, as I've confirmed it during TT.

I will for sure make the thread for December as soon as possible tho since it can't be really done on 29th of December- due to a lot of players being away for holiday. 

As for 5 tiers, as I've said, they are not coming back this year. They were causing problems and so far I don't see a potential solution for them. When there was an announcement, you can argue that players were happy but I remember having my PM spammed for days when players asked to undo it, especially after the first one. Then we tried again, and yet again and it had a lot of issues. It's the same thing with LC, but as someone noticed here, not every player enjoyed it. LC is different now, we have evolite, and more players. Not enough players imo but at least they are here. 

Place- pokemon league next month, November is still silph co. After this month we will decide if we want to change place again or stay here. 

As I've said, I liked it personally as a concept, hell, I was asking to do it when Noad was still around, and we both worked a lot to prepare for it. I must look at TT not only via you guys opinions only but from a management point of view as well- and this point tells me it has to be postponed.

I'm unsure about the Unova's location for next month. Unova region itself makes a lot of players drop FPS (including myself, even on my sky high quality company asset), I don't know if I even want to imagine what will happen once 100+ players will gather in a specific location in there

5 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I'm unsure about the Unova's location for next month. Unova region itself makes a lot of players drop FPS (including myself, even on my sky high quality company asset), I don't know if I even want to imagine what will happen once 100+ players will gather in a specific location in there

Don’t you randomly disconnect like twice every 30 min anyways or was that just that one day 

1 minute ago, calidubstep said:

Don’t you randomly disconnect like twice every 30 min anyways or was that just that one day 

Tough to play when I'm at work :P This is connected with me being busy at what I'm doing and not with the region or anything else

I was thinking that perhaps we don’t need 5 tiers TTs in order to have all tiers being represented. If OU is a tier by default, that means there are 6 different configurations for TT.

Spoiler

OU UU NU

OU UU DUBS

OU UU LC

OU NU DUBS

OU NU LC

OU DUBS LC

If each team have the possibility to ban a tier that means we could end up with 3 tiers automatically. For instance, if team A says “no LC” and team B says “no Dubs”, that means the tiers would be OU UU NU. If team A says “no UU” and team B says “no LC”, that means the tiers would be OU NU DUBS.

Since both teams would whisper to a staff member which tier should be removed, maybe both teams would choose the same tier to be removed. In that case, the tier would be removed as well as OU. For instance, if team A and team B say “no NU”, the tiers would be UU DUBS LC.

Overall, TT would just be more competitive in that format since both teams have a hand in deciding in which tier they want to compete in. They wouldn’t be forced to play 5 tiers simultaneously or prepare for a tier in which they have no interest. Players would play in what they want and that's good imo.

All of this would require a little bit more work from the staff organizing the event ofc, but I am sure that’s still less work than what a 5 tiers TT would be.

To be totally honest, going like this:

OU UU NU

OU NU LC

OU UU DUBS

OU UU LC

OU NU DUBS

OU DUBS LC

OU UU NU

OU NU LC

OU UU DUBS

OU UU LC

OU NU DUBS

OU DUBS LC

During the whole year is an option too, and it's something that can be an even official calendar for tiers for a whole year unless any major changes to tier will stop tier from being playable. 
Players whispering staff member and then banning tier would be a really time-consuming process tbh, and I would rather see static tiers for each month. 

//Edit- it's basically same process that happens right now, just giving info about tiers earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

To be totally honest, going like this:

OU UU NU

OU NU LC

OU UU DUBS

OU UU LC

OU NU DUBS

OU DUBS LC

OU UU NU

OU NU LC

OU UU DUBS

OU UU LC

OU NU DUBS

OU DUBS LC

During the whole year is an option too, and it's something that can be an even official calendar for tiers for a whole year unless any major changes to tier will stop tier from being playable. 
Players whispering staff member and then banning tier would be a really time-consuming process tbh, and I would rather see static tiers for each month. 

I like this a lot. A predetermined tier rotation would save a lot of hassle with respect to people being dissatisfied with chosen tiers, and it would also ensure that every tier below OU gets an equal representation. In my opinion this is the way forward if 5 tier TTs aren’t plausible

Edited by Zymogen

Team Name: SimplyLëmonadë
Team Tag: LËM
Registered Players: KoopaBoss, TWOTAM, Zuladra, Ragnaken, Aard, Asholawoye, TohnR, xxAkixx, WiIIfred, CupidofSorrow, Linfanz, ChandlerAM, foozylol, Hysterious
Team Captain: Linfanz

Edited by Linfanz

Team Name: ColdWar    
Team Tag: Cöld
Registered Players: YEYOxD , urquidi , Urquiidi , StrikerOak , NoWall , Gigoreo , fleare , LeonellaEuge , gregormaster , Alberthrich , Waldofabian , prakatam , Anavidales , MastRoberto , Friight
Team Captain: NoWall

Edited by NoWall