Weather Team Counter

I sometimes wonder why people are so aggressive when it comes to other people using nonstandard stuff. (in this game)

The one thing I agree with all these dumbasses that are disregarding the OP is the fact golduck doesnt really counter excadrill, kabutops etc etc. However, I believe that was just bad wording and he meant countering weather in general, not the mons in particular, which it does.

So, for the OP. Test Golduck and see if it works for you. If it doesnt, try something else, if it does, just ignore everyone in here cause honestly, I have given up in the creativity of this game long ago.

8 hours ago, Gimmyreaper said:

2 Hit KO of Hydregion  (commonly used Hydregion moves can not defeat Golduck in 1 hit) Surf, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse    [HYDREGION OUTSPEEDS IF CHOICED]

Yes @DaftCoolio who the fuck are you ? Some random noob right ? Only been around for 4 years or something ? Don't make me laugh, I've been playing a shit ton of ladder and my Golduck was really usefull, I know the game better than you and you really should try being quiet for a while.

> Surf+EP Hydreigon

12ba86e284.png

1 hour ago, FNTCZ said:

So... I was bored and it only took me like 8 games to get a weather matchup with this random ass team I scrapped in 30 seconds with the amazing lead scarf protect golduck (not a doubles set btw) buuuut... HERE IT IS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

POINT PROVEN ALL HAIL OUR NEW OVERLORD @Gimmyreaper  WHO IS COOLIO EVEN

>Hydro pump crit on victreebel

"OH, OH BUDDY GOLDUCK IS BROKEN" 

Quality reaction from julio lmao

There are many variables in a battle, so you can't out-right say "Ey, I'll hit and run" or "Ey, I'll just kill the Golduck".

1- You can sac a mon to let the Golduck in, he doesn't have to tank a hit. (Better than getting swept)
2- You can predict a switch, and like with any battle, sometimes it pays off. (Risk reward concept)
3- People get caught off guard when they see a pokemon like "Golduck"; one of my best leads is Rapidash. (Yes, and it works)

My own set for my Golduck goes like this.
IVs: 31 x 25 31 31 29 EVs: 124 0 0 252 2 132 (OCD and shit) Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Scarf     Role: Revenge killer specially against weather teams
Ability: C9                    Moveset: Syncronoise - Ice beam - Surf - Focus blast

Take your time and think about it... in "general terms"
Sand = Surf; Rain = Sync; Hail = Focus; Sun = Ice

- Focus can hit a predicted Ferro swap in for example.
- You can get "HP electric 70" which is situationally better than Sync but I'm lazy.
- Sync is only better when it comes to pokemons like "Ludicolo" & "Swamp". 

Am I high ranked on the ladder? No.
I just like to think of sets for fun, since it is a game. 
We should be having fun, not ridiculing each other.

Edited by MHkaserz
36 minutes ago, Tsuruga said:

^ Meh, anyone can be wrong. The jokes would not have lasted this long if the OP did not act so snobby toward valid criticisms against his Golduck.

When communicating with another human being, the worst thing you could do is outright tarnish what they said.

0- You do all the following steps with a good spirit.
1- You say, ok you have an idea there.
2- You start giving tips on what are the holes in that idea if any.
3- You try to cover these holes if possible.
4- If not possible you give a good reason why it isn't possible.
5- You may give your own ideas afterwards.

What the tc person did was:
- Deny Golduck completely. (Could have said "it has a niche")
- Tarnish the set in the topic. (Could have instead give a better set)
- Say the set is useless but in a sneaky way. (Instead of saying it only counters X and no one uses X, he could have also modified the set to work better)
- Think in a one dimensional way.
(What if the 2nd stab doesn't OHKO the golduck who has a speed advantage now? If he would get OHKO-ed he could have given numbers to support his claim)
- Give his own ideas back.
(And later on ignored the original topic creator, while if he just wanted to help people, he could have made his own guide about the matter or link to one)

The tc's ideas will definitely be met with rejection after the above.
And then the OP will get defensive with all the following replies as well,
since he is now under pressure and is feeling unpleasant, leading him to reply in a defensive way and hence he seems "snobby".

Edited by MHkaserz
16 minutes ago, MHkaserz said:

What the tc person did was:
- Deny Golduck completely. (Could have said "it has a niche")
- Tarnish the set in the topic. (Could have instead gave a better set)
- Say the set is useless but in a sneaky way. (Instead of saying it only counters X and no one uses X, he could have also modified the set to work better)
- Think in a one dimensional way.
(What if the 2nd stab doesn't OHKO the golduck who has a speed advantage now? If he would get OHKO-ed he could have given numbers to support his claim)
- Give his own ideas back.
(And later on ignored the original topic creator, while if he just wanted to help people, he could have made his own guide about the matter or link to one)

I mean, he didn't directly attack the guy, it's just this guy already had another thread, in which people told him proper counters, and he still keeps hammering the same idea, even when proven it's not viable. Ok, some like pachima use really gimmick mons, and they do well sometimes, but those same people are the ones you rarely, if ever, you see winning any tour or even getting to the later rounds of the tours for the given reason that the mons are simply not viable in the OU metagame.

@FNTCZ You're the goat man ahahah

Edited by razimove
2 hours ago, razimove said:

I mean, he didn't directly attack the guy, it's just this guy already had another thread, in which people told him proper counters, and he still keeps hammering the same idea, even when proven it's not viable. Ok, some like pachima use really gimmick mons, and they do well sometimes, but those same people are the ones you rarely, if ever, you see winning any tour or even getting to the later rounds of the tours for the given reason that the mons are simply not viable in the OU metagame.

Ahhh! Well, in that case, that is that and this is this.

If they had some sort of a past event together, it can't be helped.

Ya some mons are sometimes outclassed indeed, that's why there are tiers, and even though some mons may seem like they are not viable, 
they can still have a good use here and there in the right team. 

Also I think the OP was talking about casual games, not necessarily ranked or tour games.
It is not always about winning, sometimes it just feels good when you think of something and find a way to make it work. Cheers ^^

Edited by MHkaserz
2 hours ago, razimove said:

@FNTCZ You're the goat man ahahah

I see you want me to join tours.

https://imgur.com/a/GYqwY6M

This is the Golduck I've been using for many months now. I know Golduck ain't everyone's cup of tea but at least for me, it works well as a check to some mons and is quite often my team's ace. I know the accuracy is dodgy but I wanted to squeeze every bit of power I could, and I use Psyshock to check Gengars with TBolt and Life Orb Mienshao, but the very troll and gimmicky Mud Bomb could be used for Magnezones and Jolteons (but you can easily just swap into a far better solution, obviously). Of course, Ferrothorns, Milotics, Chanseys/Blisseys, and hard-hitters like Guts Flame Orb Conkeldurrs and Scizors exist, but other than that it's been solid on my team. From the looks of it, this thread is easily becoming more and more like the average YouTube comments section, but it's PokeMMO so it's close enough with its childish and worthless dramas and what not; so with that in mind, I'm just posting for the hell of it and getting the crap outta here as quick as possible. Knock yourselves out.