Pokemon Lets Go Thread

kloneman

Couldn't see a thread for this so thought I'd post it, i'm guessing that's because it's not a "real" Pokemon game and is a slap in the face for some of the hardcore fans.

Well I'm one of the suckers who bought it and I've got to say I'm enjoying it so far even if it does hold your hand a bit and there is almost 0 competitive play in it. Good game to chill with after a long day at work. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the features in the "core" game they're going to release next year such as pokemon appearing on the overworld.

Anyway, post your thoughts on the game; good, bad or otherwise.

Edited by kloneman
  • 2 months later...

I found a really neat post on Reddit a while ago that sums up a lot of my thoughts about the game

Spoiler

7O5WbFY.jpg

I love the game. I've been playing competitively since gen 4, and I'm really happy with Let's Go, it's a nice light-hearted break for players like me, and an amazing game to integrate newer players into Pokemon. The difficulty level is a cakewalk, yes, but I think it's great for kids and people who were introduced to the series through Pokemon GO. This ultimately means more people to share the joy of my lifetime favorite game series with!

The game also explains every battle mechanic so simplistically, it's taught me better ways to explain them to players who didn't know about these mechanics before they started PokeMMO, and I really love the way they talk about things like STAB, IVs (potential) and EVs (skill points). It's limited to gen 1 because you can't have a metagame popping out of this, I guess, but idk, I'm very happy with everything in this game. I know it's another Kanto remake, but what better gen to introduce a whole new generation of kids, as well as people who somehow grew out of Pokemon or just never got the opportunities to enjoy it like we did?

I'm hoping they keep the encounter method, but I'd really hate if they kept the catching/battle mechanic for the next gen. Also, it's an amazing exploration of all the things that can be done on the Switch and excites me even more for the next generation, which is rumored to be Breath of the Wild level ambitious and geared towards all kinds of players including veteran players!!! I'm genuinely happy with Let's Go as a standalone game, and it's pretty great seeing Gamefreak considering new ideas and mechanics, it's a good sign that they're approaching the new generation of games with an open mind. I wouldn't hold Gen 8 predictions to how Let's Go ended up, but I would love to see some of these features moving forward as well.

Sorry for the long post hahah, I just never get to say my thoughts on the game without 200 people shouting disapproval and hate just one sentence in :p