OK team(s) for Gym rematches?

Personally I went with the Eeve-lutions (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon, glaceon) all lvl 100,  cause they are my faves. but they are just not cutting it. maybe its the poor attacks I chose for them. Really focused on those Affect all attacks, to speed up LVL up and mob attacks.

But whats your type recommendations?

Timid Specs Typhlosion -> Eruption (I use pretty much only this on him)

Jolly Expert Belt Moxie Krookodile -> EQ, Crunch, Rock Slide (I don't use last attack)

Timid Amulet Coin Gengar -> HP Ice, (it random rolled this HP, sludge bomb/ wave would be as useful), Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, TBolt

Modest Life Orb Starmie -> Surf, TBolt, Psychic, Ice Beam

Modest Life Orb Swift Swim Ludicolo -> Surf, Giga Drain, Ice Beam and something I don't remember

Unless super heavy hax like all my moves miss against a snow cloak mon, I don't have any problems with any of gyms at all. I value speed over comfort, one region's gyms take me around 30 mins if I'm not interrupted

18 hours ago, JustAsking23 said:

Personally I went with the Eeve-lutions (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon, glaceon) all lvl 100,  cause they are my faves.

i like this one allready. you just need some good moveset and you should be golden tho i would recomand having some properly trained eeveelution.

19 hours ago, JustAsking23 said:

Really focused on those Affect all attacks, to speed up LVL up and mob attacks.

sadly area attack is a domain where eeveelution aren't the best since only vaporeon has a good one with surf (discharge on jolteon may be argueable since it hit litterally everything)

if you want recomandation for the moveset of your eeveelution i would suggest

vaporeon : surf, ice beam, hp electric/grass, haze/acid armor/toxic (if you can't get wish and sycronoise)

jolteon: tbolt, shadow ball, hp ice, volt switch/discharge

flareon: flare blitz, super power, flame charge, quick attack.   a choice scarf is potentially something you should consider using on it

leafeon: leaf blade, x scizor, sythesis, sword dance

glaceon: ehhh mainly usefull for that ice beam stab you should consider switching it for an espeon it's much more reliable

umbreon: yeah i have way to many set idea for this one can't list them all

espeon: psychic, calm mind/psychoc, signal beam, moonlight/hp fire

yeah i might be an eevee lover so feel free to ask anything related to eeveelutions :P

On 11/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, mago1993 said:

pelipper only use hab 

ludicolo surf gigadrain ice beam

kingdra hp elec surf ice beam

kabutops rocksilde 

no need more 

can u be more specific ? i'm interested on this team ~ how fast to beat all gyms? thanks in advance.

Edited by xRdZiiiN
On 11/17/2018 at 9:06 AM, JustAsking23 said:

Personally I went with the Eeve-lutions (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon, glaceon) all lvl 100,  cause they are my faves. but they are just not cutting it. maybe its the poor attacks I chose for them. Really focused on those Affect all attacks, to speed up LVL up and mob attacks.

Hello JustAsking23, it seems like you're having a bit of trouble with your gym runs. The Mayorship has tackled this issue head on with gym leader commentaries based on my experience.

Feel free to watch my gym runs:

Team A:

Spoiler

e6f1b652bef38812be543ca1eb54f6d1.png

4387af3b15aad294ecd2b1a86e77fd21.png

Team B:

Spoiler

da408149c382443c1cab9f2c4fcc586b.png

1c710cb640b1361744432e051982de70.png

Team C:

Spoiler

958cb031407e22c5fdfd82af1f1057b7.png

533a21dc579cf60701eaeea6a29f7bdf.png

Kanto Gym Run:

Spoiler

Hoenn Gym Run:

Spoiler

Unova Gym Run:

Spoiler

I hope this helps. As the Mayor, I want to serve the community in the best ways I can.

Spoiler

P.S. Don't forget about Morimoto!

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------------

If you want to stick with the eeveelution method, then @ThePrettyPetard would be the person to consult with. Personally, if I had to pick an eeveelution, then Jolteon or Vaporeon would be a solid choice due to the abilities Volt Absorb and Water Absorb which would allow me to heal them with a predictable water or electric move.

1 minute ago, xRdZiiiN said:

i'm listening , ^.^

I can recommend the use of multiple-attack movements, example:

-Acid

-Muddy Wate

-Air Cutter 

-Snarl 

-Uproar

-Rock Slide

-Discharge

-Eruption

-Razor Leaf 

-Lava Plume

-Heat Wave

-Sludge Wav

-Flame Burst

-Swift

-Water Spout 

-Synchronoise

-Surf

-Earthquake

-Blizzard

2 hours ago, EazyL said:

I can recommend the use of multiple-attack movements, example:

-Acid

-Muddy Wate

-Air Cutter 

-Snarl 

-Uproar

-Rock Slide

-Discharge

-Eruption

-Razor Leaf 

-Lava Plume

-Heat Wave

-Sludge Wav

-Flame Burst

-Swift

-Water Spout 

-Synchronoise

-Surf

-Earthquake

-Blizzard

-_________________-

35 minutes ago, xRdZiiiN said:

-_________________-

On 11/17/2018 at 10:06 AM, JustAsking23 said:

You can use the Pokemon equipment that BestFriends uses, They are almost the same as I use.

8 hours ago, xRdZiiiN said:

¿Puedes ser más específico? Estoy interesado en este equipo ~ ¿Qué tan rápido vencer a todos los gimnasios? gracias por adelantado.

first start pelipper + kingdra (if other gym not use sunny day etc)

first turn pelipper change for ludicolo, kingdra full surf specs, and ludicolo life orb with gigadrain, surf or ice beam

if any team use sunny day = 

start kabutops + any random poke for leveling

first turn change kabutops for pelipper (all damage for random poke, if u have focus sash, op)

second turn join kingdra full surf and change pelipper for ludicolo, same.

the best option is a Heat Wave Charizard Fire/Flying, with wide lens, just to have 100 acc. And a Krookodile with moxie GG, after u KO a pokemon, it will get a boost in attack, then you'll kill more faster every poke left(its better Jolly for speed) Krookodile spam EQ and it can't hit charizard... You can use salamence as well. i Use gengar as backup with giga drain for water and rock types like Gigalith

Edited by LipeHaru
  • 10 months later...

I'm using this team for gyms at the moment:

Torkoal: I used wide lens for a while so that heat wave wouldn't miss but I ended up selling it because torkoal rarely gets to attack. I use charcoal now because it's cheaper and will power up the rare heat waves.

stealth rock

heat wave

protect (I only use it when I know eruption will not one shot a special attacking pokemon, like slowking for example)

I use mild, 252 hp, 252 sp att but torkoal's nature, ivs and evs are not that relevant because it rarely attacks, it's usually only targetted by special moves and its main purpose is setting up the sun (and the rocks, although not as important).

Typhlosion: choice specs

eruption (only one that matters, I maxed out the PP so I can do 2 gyms without healing)

cut (to acess celadon and vermilion gyms if you don't have the ocarinas)

timid, 252 sp att, 252 speed

I also tried modest + choice scarf but I think it's much worse: specs can 1 shot almost every pokémon that resists fire, scarf cannot, plus typhlosion is rarely outsped even without scarf.

+

Aerodactly: wide lens (for rock slide to never miss)

rock slide

fly (fly between gyms)

adamant, 252 att, 252 speed

It outspeeds everything anyway, so I use adamant for extra power.

Krookodile: life orb (soft sand can be used too, but I like the extra power of life orb, despite it forcing healing in between gyms more often)

earthquake (can be used against air baloon holders, because aerodactly will always break the baloon first with rock slide)

rock slide (for flying types or levitate)

jolly, 252 att, 252 speed

You don't need extra attack because of moxie.

Strategy:

For most gyms I use torkoal + typhlosion: 1st turn, eruption and stealth rock. stealth rock will stop those annoying sturdy or focus sash holders, but aerodactly can do the same job with rock slide if torkoal faints before setting them up.

Some gyms are easier with aerodactly + krookodile (the rock and fire ones): just spam rock slide + earthquake (krookodile will be last so moxie will activate). 

Note 1: sometimes the first pokemon have sashes and that's quite annoying because they can attack typhlosion and make it useless/make it faint. When that happens, I just let it faint or change for krookodile, spam earthquake and when torkoal faints, change in aerodactyl.

Note 2: torkoal + typhlosion is imperative against the water gyms because of the rain.

Edited by kikodasneves