Access to PC (Pokemon Storage) within the Secret bases

TSLuluAylen

Question

This is simple, my suggestion is to allow access to PC Pokemon boxes within a secret base, both for the owner and for the visitors;
The owner have barely access to the PC will have a separation between if he wants to access the object storage PC or the Pokemon storage PC;
The visitors would enter like any PC (they could even have the options to buy or publish objects directly in the gtl and have access to the mail)

Why ?: This could encourage the use of secret bases and teams could make internal tournaments between teams within them. Being able to have quick access to the pokemon to be able to change equipment and things like that.

That along with my other suggestion to make the secret bases more interactive, could make them more recurrent and more important.

14 answers to this question

4 hours ago, TSLuluAylen said:

This is simple, my suggestion is to allow access to PC Pokemon boxes within a secret base, both for the owner and for the visitors;
The owner have barely access to the PC will have a separation between if he wants to access the object storage PC or the Pokemon storage PC;
The visitors would enter like any PC (they could even have the options to buy or publish objects directly in the gtl and have access to the mail)

Why ?: This could encourage the use of secret bases and teams could make internal tournaments between teams within them. Being able to have quick access to the pokemon to be able to change equipment and things like that.

That along with my other suggestion to make the secret bases more interactive, could make them more recurrent and more important.

Due to some secret base locations, it would be convenient to EV train, level, item hunt, etc. This would make items like Leppa Berries, revives, etc go down in price.

For this reason alone, I cannot support this suggestion. Leppa Berry farmers may not survive in Hoenn and PokeMarts may become worthless.

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

Due to some secret base locations, it would be convenient to EV train, level, item hunt, etc. This would make items like Leppa Berries, revives, etc go down in price.

For this reason alone, I cannot support this suggestion. Leppa Berry farmers may not survive in Hoenn and PokeMarts may become worthless.

That suggestion could make easier EV train, level and item hunt (or shiny hunt).. But sellers obviously want to exploit the rest of the world :,v

I remain firm in my position, it will not change me a selfish thinking to keep prices high .. This would be a help more, not a way to earn less money ..

1 hour ago, TSLuluAylen said:

That suggestion could make easier EV train, level and item hunt (or shiny hunt).. But sellers obviously want to exploit the rest of the world :,v

I remain firm in my position, it will not change me a selfish thinking to keep prices high .. This would be a help more, not a way to earn less money ..

The PC is a free heal, it would most definitely not help more.  People would have to buy less of those things and instead just opt to use their secret bases to accomplish what those items would.

5 minutes ago, Munya said:

The PC is a free heal, it would most definitely not help more.  People would have to buy less of those things and instead just opt to use their secret bases to accomplish what those items would.

I do not see the problem .. I just do not agree with your position ..

I do not see at what moment this stops being an aid and becomes a way of "not helping the merchants", the truth .. I do not understand it ..

2 hours ago, TSLuluAylen said:

1 hour ago, TSLuluAylen said:

I do not see the problem .. I just do not agree with your position ..

I do not see at what moment this stops being an aid and becomes a way of "not helping the merchants", the truth .. I do not understand it ..

I want to let you know that I am not a Leppa Berry farmer, so I have no interest in the pricing of such berries. However, I know fellow citizens on PokeMMO that farm berries and it would be important to keep their economy running.

As for you using your base as a hub to hedge against resource purchasing (potions, revives, leppa berries, etc) which would hurt the overall economy. Shinies could get cheaper, EV Training would be too easy, and levelling may be so fast to the point where Rare Candies could decrease in valuation.

When you're elected as the Mayor of PokeMMO, you have to think of everyone's interests, even the berry farmers which could be harmed by this suggestion. Also, the PokeMarts may see less use which would not be good for the overall economy. An MMO needs money sinks to balance out inflation and you're trying to use bases like a hedge fund.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

Hi Lulu! <3

What Bestfriends and Munya mean is that implementing something that could possibly break some markets isn't really interesting. It's not just Leppa Berries sellers who would suffer with that, we would have more shinies since it would be easier and faster to hunt them. Sometimes a small change can be good for some people but terrible for the economy. We need ev train/shiny hunt to be at least a little hard.

I understand your idea, truthfully, as someone who spend a lot of money in Leppas lol but we would need to considerate how it would affect the market, because it would be not just the Leppa/shinies market affected. For example, Leppa sellers would migrate to plant EV Reducing Berries, then we would have a lot more of this berries being sold and the price would be affected too.

9 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I want to let you know that I am not a Leppa Berry farmer, so I have no interest in the pricing of such berries. However, I know fellow citizens on PokeMMO that farm berries and it would be important to keep their economy running.

As for you using your base as a hub to hedge against resource purchasing (potions, revives, leppa berries, etc) which would hurt the overall economy. Shinies could get cheaper, EV Training would be too easy, and levelling may be so fast to the point where Rare Candies could decrease in valuation.

When you're elected as the Mayor of PokeMMO, you have to think of everyone's interests, even the berry farmers which could be harmed by this suggestion. Also, the PokeMarts may see less use which would not be good for the overall economy. An MMO needs money sinks to balance out inflation and you're trying to use bases like a hedge fund.

I know the location of each existing secret base (I made a guide with which I traveled EVERY ONE), and every point of EVs training that exists (another guide in which I spent using sweet scent in all regions) .. And the truth, I do not find even a point where a secret base is more accessible than a Pokemon Center, about shinies I do not know, it's true, but for the rest do not say anything ..

4 hours ago, SneakyTeddi said:

Hi Lulu! <3

What Bestfriends and Munya mean is that implementing something that could possibly break some markets isn't really interesting. It's not just Leppa Berries sellers who would suffer with that, we would have more shinies since it would be easier and faster to hunt them. Sometimes a small change can be good for some people but terrible for the economy. We need ev train/shiny hunt to be at least a little hard.

I understand your idea, truthfully, as someone who spend a lot of money in Leppas lol but we would need to considerate how it would affect the market, because it would be not just the Leppa/shinies market affected. For example, Leppa sellers would migrate to plant EV Reducing Berries, then we would have a lot more of this berries being sold and the price would be affected too.

I could only give the reason for shiny farming, because I do not know where they come from .. but just as for Bestseller, I know the location of ALL the secret bases and I still can not find an EVs training point that is more accessible from a secret base that from a Pokemon Center .. I have my guide and I just went through ALL the bases that are, but the EVs training points are further away from the bases than from a Pokemon Center .. There would only be a specific case in where farm breeders would be faster, I speak of Feebas, which in itself is not sooooo that help .. but on the other hand, I can not find a place where you can use at the end a base to farm an item or a shiny

On 11/12/2018 at 11:41 PM, Bestfriends said:

Add roaming poke overworld sprites in bases, expand bases.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:58 AM, Bestfriends said:

really? ev training? who the hell cares if someone can ev train next to 1 spot ? besides most good spots are in unova anyway :S... , and why would creator of post keep people in check who make money that he doesnt earn from? why should he even care? that would be the problem of the farmers and not his problem his suggestion makes sense, i even wondered this before at one point, lol at ev training spot abuse, since best spots have a pc next to them u derp XD <3,

On 11/13/2018 at 8:41 AM, Bestfriends said:

leppa > pc forever the whole idea is that u dont have to move and keep searching ,  and that said it seems shiny hunting is for the rich these days, noobs without leppas are totally not allowed to even have alternatives! because it would hit your wallet, what a point to make ( yes i read you dont take part of it, but by how heavy u defend it i have my doubts about that) ,

yours truly,

6 hours ago, Nibero said:

leppa > pc forever the whole idea is that u dont have to move and keep searching ,  and that said it seems shiny hunting is for the rich these days, noobs without leppas are totally not allowed to even have alternatives! because it would hit your wallet, what a point to make

There is an free alternative, you go back to pc every time you run out of pp/hp. With leppas you pay for comfort and time you would spend to go back to PC.

Free option is not the best way to do it but dont expect for free option to be most optimal way to do stuff

On 11/20/2018 at 7:06 PM, Toupi said:

There is an free alternative, you go back to pc every time you run out of pp/hp. With leppas you pay for comfort and time you would spend to go back to PC.

Free option is not the best way to do it but dont expect for free option to be most optimal way to do stuff

the way i see it having a pc function in your base would not hurt anyone, because if you think about it, if people are already too broke to pay for leppas or whatever they will simply walk 5 meters extra for the pc in pokecenter all they would get out of this being realized is less walking, nothing less nothing more

the richer people(wich probably makes up 90% of the shinyhunters) will be like lolwut and just keep using leppas since they can afford it easy and will probably rank time spend over cost efficiency.

and offcourse you will always have cheapskates like me, who simply focus their money on breeding and cant be bothered.

also your financial view ignores that this suggestion makes bases way more usable then they are now, i would find it already amazing to use gtl and check my messages in a base, being able to draw poke in or out doesnt even worry me but it would make the idea of a base more complete, independent, you can operate from there and not even see town 1x , im sure this could potentially be appealing to other players that dont worry about a berry not being sold or reduced in sales, in my opinion this suggestion is a good one, and being against it for financial reasons is in my eyes not a good reason on its own to dismiss this suggestion completely.

last but not least, its a game sure it has a financial side to it, but in the end its about what is awesome to have in it for best experience, and from that point of view im supporting this suggestion 100%.

edit:

heck u can even go ham with this one and make it so bases have uses for teams.. im just saying

Edited by Nibero

a really interesting proposal.

For some time now the secret bases have been forgotten (especially since the release of unova).
it's time to bring back these beautiful features with the possibility of a PC inside.
this would give way to many positive things like tournaments.

honestly, I do not think it would affect the market in any way the berries and shiny ones.

those who are lazy use the berries, and if you are lazy you also use them for not doing 5 meters.
but even if you know what I tell you? cultivate other things!

in the case of the shiny it would not change the same, but even if it were better this way, the shiny ones would be more accessible to everyone.

I approved!

Edited by druido890

Bump lol.

They should make Secret Bases do SOMETHING.

I don't really find the arguments against convincing.

Also you could make it so each team or player account only gets 1 secret base per region, and it cannot be changed often, something like that so people can't just spam secret bases they can use everywhere.

Also the map should add an option to Fly to your secret base.

It's always bothered me that Pokemon games had this Secret Base thing but it's totally pointless except for cosmetics, with no reason to ever go to it, and yet they implemented mechanics for it and all the locations on the maps.  Wasted!