Feebas Hunting, Finder is Rewarded

349Feebas.png

So I want to complete the OT Pokédex and I've been putting off Feebas for awhile.
But, it's about that time.

Let's look at a picture and do some math:
nSKmLZL.png&key=1ae0e5b715efa1f1c6868b26

Tiles: 447

Feebas Tiles: 6

Chance to find Feebas on special tile: 50%

Reset time: 50 minutes

If one were to fish the same spot with the super rod 7 times, there would be less than a 1% chance that Feebas wouldn't appear, if it were a special tile. ((0.5)^7)*100%=0.78125%

This took me ~90 seconds to fish 7 times.

6 of the 447 tiles are Feebas tiles at any given moment => (6/447)*100%=1.342281879% of tiles are Feebas tiles.
Thus, one must traverse 341 unique tiles for them to have less than a 1% chance of not passing over a Feebas tile. (441/447)^341=0.9969964698%
Thus, as a rough approximation, if one were to fish 7 times at 341 unique tiles, they would have less than a 1% chance of not finding a Feebas. ((0.78125%)*(0.9969964698%)=0.778903492%)
However, (341 tiles)*(90 seconds/tile)= 8.525 hours............
BUT

With 11 people segmenting the tiles into ~40 tiles subregions and all fishing 7 times at each of their 40 tiles, it could be completed in 46.5 minutes!!!! (Still terrible)
Considering the 50 minute timer and no discernible way of knowing when new tile locations arise, it is best to do the process as quickly as possible to increase the likelihood that we remain in one time window.
Thus, with 20 people splitting the task that would take one person 511.5 minutes, it is reduced to 20 people searching for 25.575 minutes.

With 20 people, the task seems feasible.

I offer 300,000 Poke$ to the person that whispers me first the location of the Feebas tile. (If I find it, I will split the 300,000 into 15,000 for everyone[~1.5 GYM LEADERS?!])
I will attempt this task with less than 20 people, however, i would like as many as possible. If not enough people respond or we are unsuccessful in our first attempt, I will raise the prize!

Plz help

so i see an assumption here that pokemmo has "feebas tiles" and not a static chance that is the same for every tile. pokemmo does a lot of weird thigns under the hood different from pokemon, and the adms are very squirrly about giving away knowledge of what goes on under the hood like shiny rates, "nyi bans", and bug info. what makes you think thats how pokemmo works? 

5 hours ago, kunsahochao said:

Can you tell me what's going on, can you quickly find someone who manages the ban

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/37-ban-appeal/

I tried to do a similiar thing lately, didn't work very well - people don't wanna do it for a reward since it is still very tedious with several people and only the lucky one gets paid(if you split it it's not worth it). You're better off just recruiting in global chat with the same goal and swapping between channels hoping there are people already there.

Good luck.

Edited by Dazuzi

in the beggining of the year me and 2 other chinese friends was doing it pretty easily for a few months, on the second '' small '' river. we get used on the feebas tiles there, it's not hard if u try for a while, and yeah with more ppl become very easy.

we just fish 2 ~ 3 times on each tile and move on.

i took pics of the locations as well , i have like 80 ~ 90 pics of feebas tiles , and sometimes we even found double tiles (2 tiles at once on the same river , and always the 2 near each other)

anyways i learned a lot about it , if u have any question let me know.

XRDZIIN.

18 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

so i see an assumption here that pokemmo has "feebas tiles" and not a static chance that is the same for every tile. pokemmo does a lot of weird thigns under the hood different from pokemon, and the adms are very squirrly about giving away knowledge of what goes on under the hood like shiny rates, "nyi bans", and bug info. what makes you think thats how pokemmo works? 

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/37-ban-appeal/

PokeMMO has Feebas tiles, if they work the same as they do in emerald itself I have no idea as I did not ever bother finding one in Emerald.  It is time based before shuffling, though I don't recall how much time anymore.

I doubt its an assumption on the players part as Feebas has been in the game for quite some time now. and feebas hunting groups have been a thing as long as it has been.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...