Is Porygon still a thing??

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Noad was hosting a Tourny, finals was Zebra vs random.

Stall vs Stall

Match had been going on for 90 minutes, no end in sight.

Noad had to go do something, as she didn't account for her event to take so long due to stallers.

I took over the event, spectated it and came to the conclusion that they were both just switching all day without spending PP, it was a stalemate.

So Tyroneclause got activated. Each pokemon has to stay in a minimum of 2 turns before being allowed to switch out.

The match ended a few minutes later.

Stall is cancer

6 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Funbro isn't a stall strategy though

2000 turns "not stall" im pretty sure thats stall

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

Noad was hosting a Tourny, finals was Zebra vs random.

Stall vs Stall

Match had been going on for 90 minutes, no end in sight.

Noad had to go do something, as she didn't account for her event to take so long due to stallers.

I took over the event, spectated it and came to the conclusion that they were both just switching all day without spending PP, it was a stalemate.

So Tyroneclause got activated. Each pokemon has to stay in a minimum of 2 turns before being allowed to switch out.

The match ended a few minutes later.

Stall is cancer

anecdotal

1 hour ago, fredrichnietze said:

because you said so? come on make a argument 

Competition is the activity or condition of striving to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.

Funbro does not strive to gain or win anything, it only exists to stall and waste time.

Hence it's not competitive.

My first claim was wrong, it's a stall strategy. Just not competitive.

5 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Competition is the activity or condition of striving to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.

Funbro does not strive to gain or win anything, it only exists to stall and waste time.

Hence it's not competitive.

My first claim was wrong, it's a stall strategy. Just not competitive.

pp stall is a legit strategy, and when mixed with entry hazards can beat a team. it is a gimick as every pp stall user is set up bait and has a list of things it just cant stall against, and moves like taunt, encore ect that can break the strat. furthermore when pp stalling crits and other rng arent a small chance but a likelihood when you are planning to take dozens or hundreds of attacks. this is noncompetitive or broken or even a great strategy. it's a fun gimick.

as for the time argument, more time is wasted by poor ui and a fixed clock then any stall strategy. those 5-10 seconds or so per turn of text before you can even choose a move and 10 or more seconds of animations per turn waste more of the players and spectators time then any strategy. you're blaiming the hook for your lost fish when you're using weak line, connectors, ad bad knots.

50 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

pp stall is a legit strategy, and when mixed with entry hazards can beat a team. it is a gimick as every pp stall user is set up bait and has a list of things it just cant stall against, and moves like taunt, encore ect that can break the strat. furthermore when pp stalling crits and other rng arent a small chance but a likelihood when you are planning to take dozens or hundreds of attacks. this is noncompetitive or broken or even a great strategy. it's a fun gimick.

as for the time argument, more time is wasted by poor ui and a fixed clock then any stall strategy. those 5-10 seconds or so per turn of text before you can even choose a move and 10 or more seconds of animations per turn waste more of the players and spectators time then any strategy. you're blaiming the hook for your lost fish when you're using weak line, connectors, ad bad knots.

That has absolutely nothing to do with why having a set that can make a battle theoretically last until the next server shutdown is bad design, uncompetitive and it has nothing to do with the thread at all.

1 minute ago, suigin said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with why having a set that can make a battle theoretically last until the next server shutdown is bad design, uncompetitive and it has nothing to do with the thread at all.

I believe Fred didn't even watch the clip, to fully understand what you're discussing and Tyrone. But maybe that's just me.

To keep this within the subject. Porygon and his evolutions all have a place in this meta, right now pory Z is the one with least usage I guess, since the UU ban.

5 hours ago, suigin said:

i mean your not wrong about this thread but match wouldnt go on forever unless both players used it and even then they would both have to play it right and eventually a dc/forfeit would happen. even then thats not a likely event. possible sure but not likely. and making tier'ing decisions (yes this is a tier'ing decision) based off unlikely events goes against tiering policy same as rng. 

5 hours ago, razimove said:

I believe Fred didn't even watch the clip, to fully understand what you're discussing and Tyrone. But maybe that's just me.

do you beleive in the easter bunny too? i watched the clip.

also recycle + leppa thread?

8 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

but match wouldnt go on forever

Enlight me please, on how would it not go on forever. Sometimes I wonder how everyone is wrong but you're always right. That set use, is literally to be annoying, nothing else, it doens't promote stall nor any other playstyle, it promotes being annoying. Now if you told me, recycle would allow some other niche builds for some mons? You'd definitely be right, but would also allow this to be a thing. 

3 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i mean your not wrong about this thread but match wouldnt go on forever unless both players used it and even then they would both have to play it right and eventually a dc/forfeit would happen. even then thats not a likely event. possible sure but not likely. and making tier'ing decisions (yes this is a tier'ing decision) based off unlikely events goes against tiering policy same as rng. 

do you beleive in the easter bunny too? i watched the clip.

You clearly didn't watch the video

also recycle + leppa thread?

Don't bother, it's not getting changed. This will be my last post regarding this topic.