5 Tiers playing Team Tournament

TSLuluAylen

Question

As the title says, I seek to suggest the implementation of all levels for team tournaments; I understand that keeping order is complicated and getting them to line up is an expensive job, but they could show an image of where they are expected to be located or things like that (they could become more severe so that they do not delay in approaching to the place and that the spectators do not intercede). I took the trouble to put together an example of what the desired alignment would look like:

TO8wFI3.png

With 4 ubications (for 8 teams; quarterfinals) and specific places where each participant must stand.

I am looking for a team tournament with all the tiers because it is very common to find players from different tiers between the teams (it is more, it is more common to find a player from Never Used than one from Little Cup) and I think that the team tournaments should show the real potential of each team, having to be a good enough team in all possible tiers to proclaim itself the "strongest team".
It's just a belief of mine, but it seems a bit arbitrary that by winning only 2 duels a team is proclaimed as the winner (especially having one of the least stable tiers such as Little Cup).

12 answers to this question

What you described here is the perfect image of how we ran round 2 of Team Tournament with 5 tiers, but completely ignores the problem with round 1. 

With 16 teams, each having 5 players playing in round 1, it's more complex. It basically looks like this: 

14cfac0f224fee06f4f655da4871d559.png

Not to mention that image like this was posted during Team Tournament as well. Lining up is not a big issue. 

It caused so many issues tho. Like players running around causing lags to others, teams running literally 4 players and one with random "comps" just to match 5 players requirement, and brackets filling in last minute, and not always.

We might bring back 5 tiers TT, but it for sure will not happen this month. 

Well last month's Team Tournament was only 3 tiers and there were still player who couldn't make it onto the right channel in time due to being kicked off the channel. On a slightly more selfish note, having 3 tiers over 5 makes it potentially easier for newer and more teams to potentially get involved in TT (especially when the third tier is NU). As alluded to above, I'm not sure as to how many teams could actually fill all 5 tiers without 'improvising' and throwing random comps to match the 5th tier requirements as well. Therefore, personally I'd hope that TT remains a 3 tier format.

15 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

What you described here is the perfect image of how we ran round 2 of Team Tournament with 5 tiers, but completely ignores the problem with round 1. 

With 16 teams, each having 5 players playing in round 1, it's more complex. It basically looks like this: 

Not to mention that image like this was posted during Team Tournament as well. Lining up is not a big issue. 

It caused so many issues tho. Like players running around causing lags to others, teams running literally 4 players and one with random "comps" just to match 5 players requirement, and brackets filling in last minute, and not always.

oh .. I thought that the initials had been 8 teams, I missed the first part haha
Umm it's fine .. Thanks for reading and answering c: nya uwu

18 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

Well last month's Team Tournament was only 3 tiers and there were still player who couldn't make it onto the right channel in time due to being kicked off the channel. On a slightly more selfish note, having 3 tiers over 5 makes it potentially easier for newer and more teams to potentially get involved in TT (especially when the third tier is NU). As alluded to above, I'm not sure as to how many teams could actually fill all 5 tiers without 'improvising' and throwing random comps to match the 5th tier requirements as well. Therefore, personally I'd hope that TT remains a 3 tier format.

Is that IN MY OPINION, the team tournaments should not have teams with new players as participants, since what they are trying to demonstrate is the REAL level of each team, should not improvise, I went through several teams in this last week. and they all had players who could play at any level, only if they had not been present it was because they could not play that day. I do not think Little Cup is a level worthy of being celebrated in a team tournament. And I know the good Doubles participants who would also like to participate, and it's like adding to Little Cup that we are excluding half of the server, because we are excluding two other levels with many participants. For me, team tournaments should show more than luck ... But it's just my opinion, I can be wrong, clearly.

25 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Sorry for quoting again; but I forgot one thing:
In the last team tournament, for the semifinals, they were divided into 2 channels (in a doubtful action), in which only Aw was transferred to channel 4 (together with his rival, I forgot the name).
That being the case, the order I showed could be respected again, for example, and divided into 2 channels, for example; those same 4 places on channel 4, and those same on channel 5 to shape the first round. It's just an example.
Equally worth noting that if there was a problem for the alignment had a lot to do with the lack of order in the Spanish language (I sent a request to Djinn and everything, applying to be CM, especially for the disaster that i saw that day ( among much other things, of course) where the participants themselves asked things in Spanish and have never received an answer, this is not a VERY important detail, because even so the team tournament could be carried out, but it could have greatly expedited the issue)

11 minutes ago, TSLuluAylen said:

I do not think Little Cup is a level worthy of being celebrated in a team tournament.

11 minutes ago, TSLuluAylen said:

it's like adding to Little Cup that we are excluding half of the server, because we are excluding two other levels with many participants.

But if you simply look at the previous thread for last month's TT, the addition of LC into Team Tournament was something that was was very well received and long awaited by the TT playing community. The majority of experienced team playing TT (the ones you state as 'demonstrating the real level of the team') actually have player(s) that very much enjoy playing LC and are already doing so in formats such as in-game tournaments and PSL and thus the addition of LC gives them another platform to play.

7 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

But if you simply look at the previous thread for last month's TT, the addition of LC into Team Tournament was something that was was very well received and long awaited by the TT playing community. The majority of experienced team playing TT (the ones you state as 'demonstrating the real level of the team') actually have player(s) that very much enjoy playing LC and are already doing so in formats such as in-game tournaments and PSL and thus the addition of LC gives them another platform to play.

Okay, my idea is not understood; I do not criticize the addition of Little Cup but I criticize the elimination of Doubles or Never Used (which in this generation became very interesting). Okay, it's just a suggestion for what I noticed in the teams that I passed, I can be totally wrong.. It's just a suggestion.

4 minutes ago, TSLuluAylen said:

I criticize the elimination of Doubles or Never Used (which in this generation became very interesting).

I'm almost certain (99.9999% sure, @Bearminator can confirm/correct) that it won't be LC every month and that the third tier will most likely continue to be rotated with Doubles and NU. Last month was LC, month before was Doubles and NU the month before. 

Edited by Linfanz
2 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

I'm almost certain (99.9999% sure, @Bearminator can confirm) that it won't be LC every month and that the third tier will most likely continue to be rotated with Doubles and NU. Last month was LC, month before was Doubles and NU the month before. 

In that case, I thought that the 3 tiers deserved a similar respect, with the 3 present, for that reason.

46 minutes ago, TSLuluAylen said:

Sorry for quoting again; but I forgot one thing:
In the last team tournament, for the semifinals, they were divided into 2 channels (in a doubtful action), in which only Aw was transferred to channel 4 (together with his rival, I forgot the name).
That being the case, the order I showed could be respected again, for example, and divided into 2 channels, for example; those same 4 places on channel 4, and those same on channel 5 to shape the first round. It's just an example.
Equally worth noting that if there was a problem for the alignment had a lot to do with the lack of order in the Spanish language (I sent a request to Djinn and everything, applying to be CM, especially for the disaster that i saw that day ( among much other things, of course) where the participants themselves asked things in Spanish and have never received an answer, this is not a VERY important detail, because even so the team tournament could be carried out, but it could have greatly expedited the issue)

that happened because channel 5 was full during the tt, half of the eliminator stayed in channel 4, and the other half in channel 5

I'm not quite sure what is a problem in this discussion. In the past, we had it going like this:

-OU/UU/NU
-OU/NU/Doubles
-OU/UU/LC.

With UU and NU both getting 2 out of 3 places, and Doubles and LC being "smaller" tiers getting one spot.
This month's TT will be split for 2 channels for at least first round, most likely 2 first rounds. It's a temporary solution.

Just now, Bearminator said:

I'm not quite sure what is a problem in this discussion. In the past, we had it going like this:

-OU/UU/NU
-OU/NU/Doubles
-OU/UU/LC.

With UU and NU both getting 2 out of 3 places, and Doubles and LC being "smaller" tiers getting one spot.
This month's TT will be split for 2 channels for at least first round, most likely 2 first rounds. It's a temporary solution.

Its ok nya uwu Thanks you c: