Search pokemon by map (route, city, etc)

TSLuluAylen

Question

Umm nya .. Im speaking about a chart where it says which pokemon could appear in every map (it can be linked to pokedex or "pokenav", or could it be visible when you enter in a map where are wild pokemon availables)

It could be splited:
- Pokemon who appears surfing, fishing or walking in grass/cave, horde encounter, etc.
- Pokemon who appears while daylight or nightlight 
- Rarity for every pokemon. (thing what could include item probabilities for every pokemon)

For example: In route 103 (Hoenn); appears Zigzagoon, Wingull, Poochyena, Ralts, Lotad, Lombre, and all pokemon who can appear and these route / map.

This could be useful to fill the pokedex or help new players to know all the variants for the history (meet more useful pokemon), among other uses.

PD: I imagined something like that....

QbrDXV5.png

@Munya @Toupi @SneakyTeddi 

I dont know what did you imagine o.o nya?

Edited by TSLuluAylen

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I believe you misread everything I've typed. For example, I stated that showing IVs was a good change from the normal, while giving examples as to why this change wouldn't serve the same benefits. It was not a reaction, my opinion has been the same since the first post, I am merely expanding on my thoughts. If you're not open to discussion, why post on a forum?

I am open to constructive criticism, not to discuss .. the only thing you have done is talk about it is something that seems useless to several who considered the idea .. Just do not say you think it is something silly, just say that you are in disagree and it will reach ..

Just now, TSLuluAylen said:

I am open to constructive criticism, not to discuss .. the only thing you have done is talk about it is something that seems useless to several who considered the idea .. Just do not say you think it is something silly, just say that you are in disagree and it will reach ..

I was apologizing for expanding on my reasoning and going into such length, but saying you're open to constructive criticism, then flaunting the people who agree with you around like a golden ticket is hypocritical in all senses. I am allowed to think something is silly, and had even directed that comment as my sole opinion, I've got nothing further to express other than perhaps with future suggestions you should try not to get emotionally involved.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:55 PM, TSLuluAylen said:

Umm nya .. Im speaking about a chart where it says which pokemon could appear in every map (it can be linked to pokedex or "pokenav", or could it be visible when you enter in a map where are wild pokemon availables)

It could be splited:
- Pokemon who appears surfing, fishing or walking in grass/cave, horde encounter, etc.
- Pokemon who appears while daylight or nightlight 
- Rarity for every pokemon. (thing what could include item probabilities for every pokemon)

For example: In route 103 (Hoenn); appears Zigzagoon, Wingull, Poochyena, Ralts, Lotad, Lombre, and all pokemon who can appear and these route / map.

This could be useful to fill the pokedex or help new players to know all the variants for the history (meet more useful pokemon), among other uses.

well what youre asking for may not be in game yet, but Bulbapedia does do exactly what youre asking for, if that does help at all.

21 minutes ago, Gimmyreaper said:

well what youre asking for may not be in game yet, but Bulbapedia does do exactly what youre asking for, if that does help at all.

the original idea was not necessarily having to depend on external pages .. I know, information is always everywhere .. If you search, find all the information xD. Wikidex gives it to you, but we all know that in PokeMMO the things are different, for example, in the Hoenn safari, none of the pages can tell you that Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile can appear, and if you never saw some one, you wont know where you can catch only one .. Some people dont know that, in route 116, an Eevee could appear.. And, if you never saw one, you wont know it and no page has it .. Okay, we already know that, but there are people who could be interested, I'm sure !! That's why I made the suggestion ..

34 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I was apologizing for expanding on my reasoning and going into such length, but saying you're open to constructive criticism, then flaunting the people who agree with you around like a golden ticket is hypocritical in all senses. I am allowed to think something is silly, and had even directed that comment as my sole opinion, I've got nothing further to express other than perhaps with future suggestions you should try not to get emotionally involved.

I'm not a hypocrite, just that you did not like an idea, you attacked it being the only person who proved against it. I do not get involved "sentimentally" with a suggestion, but I hate people who criticize for criticizing, without the slightest respect .. you were the only person from the minute 1 who speaks against the idea .. it is well an answer if you clarify your point of view, but if you follow and follow....... Already from the beginning that with an excessive attitude you show your point of sight with the photo of the pokedex, as if I did not know the functions that the game has ..
They go out to answer others clarifying that it is not a very drastic and you, firm in your closed mind, say that it still seems useless .. and you did it several times, it is not a single one ... you only entered to the post you to discuss, until you asked please that they do not pay attention to me, technically; "Please do not make PokeMMO hold your hand through every aspect. X_x". You do not respect the point of view of others at all. In the whole post, you gave 10 of 29 comments repeating your point of view, if someone responds that they might like it, you go out to justify that it does not seem right and blah blah blah .. Notice that of 6 people, you were the only one who said something negative. It does not mean that they will implement it or anything like that, but only with one comment giving your opinion and another answering what they tell you, it reaches ..

Edited by TSLuluAylen
9 minutes ago, TSLuluAylen said:

the original idea was not necessarily having to depend on external pages .. I know, information is always everywhere .. If you search, find all the information xD. Wikidex gives it to you, but we all know that in PokeMMO the things are different, for example, in the Hoenn safari, none of the pages can tell you that Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile can appear .. Where Eevee appears, no page has it .. Okay, we already know that, but there are people who could be interested, I'm sure !! That's why I made the suggestion ..

According to your OP, they still wouldn't know as they would have to encounter them/catch them before any listing is made. I think you may want to write a definitive suggestion, this is a mess.

As for the other paragraph, after seeing the word "attacked" I stopped reading because there's no point in humoring that level of sensitivity.

Edited by Michelle
2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

According to your OP, they still wouldn't know as they would have to encounter them/catch them before any listing is made. I think you may want to write a definitive suggestion, this is a mess.

As for the other paragraph, after seeing the word "attacked" I stopped reading because there's no point in humoring that level of sensitivity.

If you will discuse, dont comment

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

Removing the excitement from new players who remembered that pond they couldn't interact with in the early-game, but can now throw a rod into, or try surfing in. Pokemon's gameplay is in essence, chaotic, for the sake of replay-ability, similar to how IVs were hidden to help give each Pokemon a unique feel, that logic crosses into how the world feels. While IVs are a definitive benefit to everyone, making most of the routes feel like more of the same and removing mystery for new people just hinders any world building we have left.

Sorry for the rant, but it does seem rather silly to me.

well i have a few thing to say about this

1. beliving there is much excitement in this game is quite silly

2. beliving this said excitement is so weak that a mere time saver could ruin this is even more silly

3. most people are clueless about the extra feature of the dex here for quite a while when they start. wich mean that even if that excitement was so weak that this could ruin it they would still be able to experiance it.

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

you know that this is the suggestion box of idea to implement right? not the implement this that way and no other way if i voted for it box. the idea here being able search by route insted of by pokemon everything else is irrelevent and all in the hands of the devs for how they wish to implement it.

1 hour ago, TSLuluAylen said:

If you will discuse, dont comment

having an argument can be consider a discussion and this place is here for potential argument.

simple suggestion to change the title of the suggestion to something like "search pokemon by route" seems less confusing to me than the curent one

4 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

simple suggestion to change the title of the suggestion to something like "search pokemon by route" seems less confusing to me than the curent one

My english is not very good, and i didnt have the correctly words when i created the post xD ty uwu nya :3

Let's keep the discussion healthy for everyone, please. <3

Also, I think it would be a really interesting tool. I've seen a lot of people asking about pokemons they can find in a specific place.

Even if we don't have this currently, there's some websites where people can easily find this info so I don't think it would change anything, just the fact that we would have our own tool and make their life easier. ^^

2 minutes ago, SneakyTeddi said:

Also, I think it would be a really interesting tool. I've seen a lot of people asking about pokemons they can find in a specific place.

Even if we don't have this currently, there's some websites where people can easily find this info so I don't think it would change anything, just the fact that we would have our own tool and make their life easier. ^^

Thanks kitty owo
And it was technically the idea xD
I always make lists of everything, and I was about to do the pokemon list like that but it's a job of more than a week and I have lazy D: that's why I came up with the suggestion here because it's probably that serve them such information to the users 

2 hours ago, SneakyTeddi said:

That's a much better idea imo, I would love for some sort of global guidebook with information on such things, PokeMMO has a lot of niche information that isn't always widespread, like how to breed for example.. watching this described in global is amusing though. n_n; 

My argument was against the miniaturized discovery list, as something very similar in-game is already in place, and as has been said, could just include a search by route function.