Search pokemon by map (route, city, etc)

TSLuluAylen

Question

Umm nya .. Im speaking about a chart where it says which pokemon could appear in every map (it can be linked to pokedex or "pokenav", or could it be visible when you enter in a map where are wild pokemon availables)

It could be splited:
- Pokemon who appears surfing, fishing or walking in grass/cave, horde encounter, etc.
- Pokemon who appears while daylight or nightlight 
- Rarity for every pokemon. (thing what could include item probabilities for every pokemon)

For example: In route 103 (Hoenn); appears Zigzagoon, Wingull, Poochyena, Ralts, Lotad, Lombre, and all pokemon who can appear and these route / map.

This could be useful to fill the pokedex or help new players to know all the variants for the history (meet more useful pokemon), among other uses.

PD: I imagined something like that....

QbrDXV5.png

@Munya @Toupi @SneakyTeddi 

I dont know what did you imagine o.o nya?

Edited by TSLuluAylen

I was really just pointing out that this information can be found, after a means of capturing the Pokemon. Meaning an encounter list is currently behind an objective. Allowing new players to see everything they can expect would hinder a lot of Pokemon's spirit in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

You can find this information within the Pokedex already :)
Once a Pokemon is caught this information becomes available.
lCTEyj0.png

I'm talking about:

"In ROUTE 2 you can find the following pokemon classes: x, x, x ..."

Not about a specific pokemon (where that pokemon appear), i am speaking about a specific map/route/place/city (in this route, what pokemon appears?)...

Oh, well then this is a different suggestion than I had originally interpreted. There are virtually no benefits from being able to see a list of types you could catch per map, most of these things are eluded to already, either by the environment, the trainers within them, or to continue the story.

One thing that could be useful is displaying the wild Pokemon's type upon encountering it.

40 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Oh, well then this is a different suggestion than I had originally interpreted. There are virtually no benefits from being able to see a list of types you could catch per map, most of these things are eluded to already, either by the environment, the trainers within them, or to continue the story.

One thing that could be useful is displaying the wild Pokemon's type upon encountering it.

I see the utility; you can know what kind of pokemon you can find, if you want to fill the pokedex, for example, you can go route by route capturing absolutely everything and not going if you do not finish. Doing the story you can see that you can catch a Mankey or a Nidoran to pass the first gym, for example, or that you can get a Pikachu in the forest to use it for the second gym, things that otherwise, you could not see and perhaps you pass , and you do not realize, and afterwards you lose a lot of time for not being able to pass it, you realize that there was an useful pokemon before and for when you want to come back as it is a bit late. I tell you because I help a lot new players and often get doubts of this style, it is very common; Not all the players that come here have already played the beloved console that we love so much.

I don't think you know what you want because your examples goes back to the premise of wanting a Pokemon list, otherwise how else would you know you could find a Nidoran, Mankey, or Pikachu? For that matter, if you're trying to serve newer players, they would not know what to look for to counter future gym battles. A good deal of Pokemon's fun is exploring and finding new patches of Pokemon that could help you along your journey. This "type list" is counter-intuitive towards a game that unfolds as naturally as it does, sorry.

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I don't think you know what you want because your examples goes back to the premise of wanting a Pokemon list, otherwise how else would you know you could find a Nidoran, Mankey, or Pikachu? For that matter, if you're trying to serve newer players, they would not know what to look for to counter future gym battles. A good deal of Pokemon's fun is exploring and finding new patches of Pokemon that could help you along your journey. This "type list" is counter-intuitive towards a game that unfolds as naturally as it does, sorry.

They are just examples, aside, you forget that this is ONLY A SUGGESTION.
I may be wrong but your argument does not help me to believe it

I've forgotten nothing, not to worry, I just know how disheartening it can be to hear suggestions pulled apart. 6/20 of my suggestions were implemented, but I wanted all of them. My point was that your suggestion taints the core mechanics of adventuring for Pokemon, and making discoveries on your own accord. This is large part in Pokemon's success and replay-ability. I'm not arguing a point, this is just how I feel, and I'm sorry to express negativity towards something you believe to be good. Fair enough?

I like the original idea. Pokémon from Pokedex displayed on the map after you hover map-cursor over the location. They could be showed on the side with name dex# and an image or just black square with "?" sign if not discovered yet. 

Nothing important but something nice to have 

This information is already available, but it does seem like you guys want some sort of side quest/a bunch of complete-able lists? I don't know what purpose this would serve other than knowing you've caught all Pokemon in a single Map, which is already quite easy to track, even without a list or looking to the Pokedex. It'd remove a lot of the mystery for newer players, though I suppose you could argue it would save new players time if they are looking for different Pokemon. Personally the majority of the fun I've had with Pokemon is adventuring and discovering new Pokemon in new places, a good amount of that could be spoiled with an area list of sorts. Please don't make PokeMMO hold your hand through every aspect. x_x

3 hours ago, Munya said:

I am also a fan of it, doesn't need to have a silhouette of the things that haven't been encountered there though, just showing that theres something missing in the dex they don't have on that map should be fine.

Thats exactly the original idea xD nya owo

3 hours ago, Toupi said:

I like the original idea. Pokémon from Pokedex displayed on the map after you hover map-cursor over the location. They could be showed on the side with name dex# and an image or just black square with "?" sign if not discovered yet. 

Nothing important but something nice to have 

Thanks you for read and answer :,3

48 minutes ago, Michelle said:

This information is already available, but it does seem like you guys want some sort of side quest/a bunch of complete-able lists? I don't know what purpose this would serve other than knowing you've caught all Pokemon in a single Map, which is already quite easy to track, even without a list or looking to the Pokedex. It'd remove a lot of the mystery for newer players, though I suppose you could argue it would save new players time if they are looking for different Pokemon. Personally the majority of the fun I've had with Pokemon is adventuring and discovering new Pokemon in new places, a good amount of that could be spoiled with an area list of sorts. Please don't make PokeMMO hold your hand through every aspect. x_x

I'm just suggesting ... the adventure will continue the same, and this suggestion will NEVER affect any player negatively, and will help those who are looking for something specific.

1 hour ago, Toupi said:

No need to spoil or handhold players. In my mind it looked like this:

u0mXCp5.jpg

p9IQ7XB.jpg

You could click on portrait and be taken to the pokedex entry. This is just a concept. Im not saying it would only display 3 entrances or something

Its better than i thought ._. lol

But was the same idea xD 

On 11/6/2018 at 11:55 PM, TSLuluAylen said:

Umm nya .. Im speaking about a chart where it says which pokemon could appear in every map (it can be linked to pokedex or "pokenav", or could it be visible when you enter in a map where are wild pokemon availables)

It could be splited:
- Pokemon who appears surfing, fishing or walking in grass/cave, horde encounter, etc.
- Pokemon who appears while daylight or nightlight 
- Rarity for every pokemon. (thing what could include item probabilities for every pokemon)

For example: In route 103 (Hoenn); appears Zigzagoon, Wingull, Poochyena, Ralts, Lotad, Lombre, and all pokemon who can appear and these route / map.

This could be useful to fill the pokedex or help new players to know all the variants for the history (meet more useful pokemon), among other uses.

Make sure to add the percent on finding the pokemon. like for example like ditto 5% chance of fighting it or whatever (i dont know the percent on it)

14 hours ago, TSLuluAylen said:

I'm just suggesting ... the adventure will continue the same, and this suggestion will NEVER affect any player negatively, and will help those who are looking for something specific.

I'm just giving my opinion ... The adventure will inherently change because players will have an objective that plays no part in the actual game and only rewards completionists. If you were to expand this further than just a localized pokedex info quest, perhaps where rewards could be given, and this could indicate any swarms taking place on the map, things like that. As of now I see no reasons for this to be implemented.

1 hour ago, lordkira2009 said:

Make sure to add the percent on finding the pokemon. like for example like ditto 5% chance of fighting it or whatever (i dont know the percent on it)

We don't give out %'s, the most you would get is the usual Rare, Uncommon, Common, Special etc.

47 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm just giving my opinion ... The adventure will inherently change because players will have an objective that plays no part in the actual game and only rewards completionists. 

It wouldn't change anything since catching a species unlocks its catch location everywhere thus unlocking its piece of data on every route, and catching them all is already a part of every pokemon game, even moreso for us since we offer base stats, movesets, and other pieces of information.

10 hours ago, Munya said:

It wouldn't change anything since catching a species unlocks its catch location everywhere thus unlocking its piece of data on every route, and catching them all is already a part of every pokemon game, even moreso for us since we offer base stats, movesets, and other pieces of information.

Thank you for proving my point, this is already part of the game, it has been since the original. With no additional incentives, or even hints as to what you might find on your current route, there is no information gained(by this suggestion) from what we already know. It would slow players down as they try and track everything missing on their current route, 30 encounters later coming to find it was just a Tentacool spawn in a small pond they can't surf on yet. I guess my base point here is, why raise questions that were never asked before, in terms of the adventure. 

You could say, why not just display where they can be encountered, "Grass/Water/ect," but that just offers information that can only be utilized later, rather than a natural progression towards such things. Removing the excitement from new players who remembered that pond they couldn't interact with in the early-game, but can now throw a rod into, or try surfing in. Pokemon's gameplay is in essence, chaotic, for the sake of replay-ability, similar to how IVs were hidden to help give each Pokemon a unique feel, that logic crosses into how the world feels. While IVs are a definitive benefit to everyone, making most of the routes feel like more of the same and removing mystery for new people just hinders any world building we have left.

Sorry for the rant, but it does seem rather silly to me.

28 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Thank you for proving my point, this is already part of the game, it has been since the original. With no additional incentives, or even hints as to what you might find on your current route, there is no information gained(by this suggestion) from what we already know. It would slow players down as they try and track everything missing on their current route, 30 encounters later coming to find it was just a Tentacool spawn in a small pond they can't surf on yet. I guess my base point here is, why raise questions that were never asked before, in terms of the adventure. 

You could say, why not just display where they can be encountered, "Grass/Water/ect," but that just offers information that can only be utilized later, rather than a natural progression towards such things. Removing the excitement from new players who remembered that pond they couldn't interact with in the early-game, but can now throw a rod into, or try surfing in. Pokemon's gameplay is in essence, chaotic, for the sake of replay-ability, similar to how IVs were hidden to help give each Pokemon a unique feel, that logic crosses into how the world feels. While IVs are a definitive benefit to everyone, making most of the routes feel like more of the same and removing mystery for new people just hinders any world building we have left.

Sorry for the rant, but it does seem rather silly to me.

I think it's pretty silly to react like that, because it's something you do not like, the rest can not like it either, nobody can want to see what can come out, as if nobody had asked for a pokemon delivered to a gym. if someone says it, you would say "no, but the mystique of the game is that you level up your Pokémon and do everything for yourself". no, and if you do, the person ignores you because he just want a way to finish the story faster ... and what about those who want to catch everything? those who say "I'm going to fill the pokedex", but do not know if there are 1 or 4 pokemon in that route, then they take 2 pokemon believing that there may or may not be more, but they do not want delay, and above that there is no certainty how much there is pokemon there, better leave it ... apart, generally, all those who enter here (there are exceptions, of course), they know the games of the console, they have already passed them several times and all that ... does not need that " emotion "of knowing you can find and you can not, they just want to see the easiest way to finish the story...
Hide the IV gave "a unique feeling to each pokemon", but do not complain that we see them, I have not seen a post of yours in the suggestion box saying "I do not want to see the IVs because they remove mystery to the game and the pokemon, "and if you made a suggestion like that it would be totally crazy.
In the original game does not give you the rarity, if you only saw it, it does not tell you where it appears and if it really appear, it rarely shows you an approximate area where it comes from, and not all the locations .. if you only saw it, it does not tell you how it evolves, in the original game it does not tell you all the movements it can learn in any way possible, in the original game it does not show you EVs or IVs, it does not specify the effect of each nature .. The original game is very different, and I do not see you are reproaching all the things that we have more ... or maybe you will tell that you will suggest prohibiting to the new ones, until they do not pass the league, they can not exchange, because if not, it will take away the "essence" of the game and then, they will not be able to experience the real adventure and blah blah blah ... This is just one more help because I think it could really help.

1 hour ago, TSLuluAylen said:

I think it's pretty silly to react like that, because it's something you do not like, the rest can not like it either, nobody can want to see what can come out, as if nobody had asked for a pokemon delivered to a gym. if someone says it, you would say "no, but the mystique of the game is that you level up your Pokémon and do everything for yourself". no, and if you do, the person ignores you because he just want a way to finish the story faster ... and what about those who want to catch everything? those who say "I'm going to fill the pokedex", but do not know if there are 1 or 4 pokemon in that route, then they take 2 pokemon believing that there may or may not be more, but they do not want delay, and above that there is no certainty how much there is pokemon there, better leave it ... apart, generally, all those who enter here (there are exceptions, of course), they know the games of the console, they have already passed them several times and all that ... does not need that " emotion "of knowing you can find and you can not, they just want to see the easiest way to finish the story...
Hide the IV gave "a unique feeling to each pokemon", but do not complain that we see them, I have not seen a post of yours in the suggestion box saying "I do not want to see the IVs because they remove mystery to the game and the pokemon, "and if you made a suggestion like that it would be totally crazy.
In the original game does not give you the rarity, if you only saw it, it does not tell you where it appears and if it really appear, it rarely shows you an approximate area where it comes from, and not all the locations .. if you only saw it, it does not tell you how it evolves, in the original game it does not tell you all the movements it can learn in any way possible, in the original game it does not show you EVs or IVs, it does not specify the effect of each nature .. The original game is very different, and I do not see you are reproaching all the things that we have more ... or maybe you will tell that you will suggest prohibiting to the new ones, until they do not pass the league, they can not exchange, because if not, it will take away the "essence" of the game and then, they will not be able to experience the real adventure and blah blah blah ... This is just one more help because I think it could really help.

I believe you misread everything I've typed. For example, I stated that showing IVs was a good change from the normal, while giving examples as to why this change wouldn't serve the same benefits. It was not a reaction, my opinion has been the same since the first post, I am merely expanding on my thoughts. If you're not open to discussion, why post on a forum?