The POKEMMO Servers.

VinchiJayBleu

Question

So, I have been having this "Lagging problem" and I know it's not me. So, every time I log on, I look at the server and it says "HIGH" so I thought hm, it probably isn't much of a problem, Well guess what it was. I personally think that PokeMMO should have different servers. Like I know there are like 2 but 1 of them is a test server and the other is the one I'm sure we all use. What I'm trying to say is maybe we should have 1 more server just to kind of even it out. For Example, we have the channels. Maybe something like that but for Servers so then if 1 server is on HIGH then Pokemmo Users could go on the other server that isn't on HIGH. 

14 answers to this question

As far as I am aware, an issue resulting in players having a lagging problem related to servers was rectified in the most recent update. To answer your suggestion, PokeMMO has multiple servers already with different names e.g. Kars, Speedwagon .etc. Should you continue to experience what you have described, please file a support request in the below link.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/47-support-request/

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

lin i get it you want to be a mod, but i dont think you really get how this works.

Well I am just trying my best to help/clarify things. If I have done/said something wrong, please correct me.

4 hours ago, Linfanz said:

Well I am just trying my best to help/clarify things. If I have done/said something wrong, please correct me.

damn it you're legit trying to help and im a uguu.

ok so lag can be server side, client side, or network issue. bug fix was a server side issue but it doesnt rule out other additional server side issues and the op is assuming it is a server side issue due to not enough servers for the player base which like, he is right they need more servers but his particular error might be his network or pc also. people assume "i got a good pc so it must be client side" ignoring the possibility of the wire running to his house be old and poorly shielded or modem dropping packets or what have you. 

anywho kyu mentioned a while back the servers are running near 100% at all times and their was a update so yea its server side and yea pokemmo should have enough servers that a update or jump in player numbers doesnt hurt the user experience. 

normally you are right a support request would be useful because its usually network issue or client side but not this time. 

on topic yea we need more servers and/or bandwidth

Edited by fredrichnietze

If they complain that the servers are not performing as they should, it is because the pokemmo server is saturated for the following reasons.

1.- The current event
2.- Too many players
3.- Three maps and several channels
4.- It's a free game

3.- One thing would be to make join channels example 4 and 5 that when I enter this half emptied

4.- The following would buy at least 5 € of the game so that at least it could arrive at a take of money and with that they improve the server I do not say that everybody but if those who can pay that amount

3.- The maps of Pokemmo "" I think they are saturating the server because it tesserae with their graphics.

1.- With the event to your al there are more people connected and I think maybe someday we can not enter.

GENERATE A BACKUP BECAUSE I SEE THIS EXPLODES SOMEDAY.

I think that's it. I've got more stuff, but it doesn't come to the point.

Something that could be nice is -- if the developers do not want many players accessing the "hidden" channels like Ch.6 and up for whatever reason, that is -- if we could be allowed to permanently unlock some of those "hidden" channels -- the least average-populated ones -- at the cost of a small one-time fee with IRL money or pay a one-time, decent chunk of a premium with PokeMMO money (that is unless the developers don't mind unlocking some of the channels to everyone; but I highly doubt that.) With that, players could be able to benefit from the reduced population, especially Android players who can't play the game without major stuttering or what not due to the population (even with the Player Render Limit reduced to the lowest possible number.) I'm sure there's likely a better solution, so take mine with a grain of salt if you must.

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, MGRazor said:

Something that could be nice is -- if the developers do not want many players accessing the "hidden" channels like Ch.6 and up for whatever reason, that is -- if we could be allowed to permanently unlock some of those "hidden" channels -- the least average-populated ones -- at the cost of a small one-time fee with IRL money or pay a one-time, decent chunk of a premium with PokeMMO money (that is unless the developers don't mind unlocking some of the channels to everyone; but I highly doubt that.) With that, players could be able to benefit from the reduced population, especially Android players who can't play the game without major stuttering or what not due to the population (even with the Player Render Limit reduced to the lowest possible number.) I'm sure there's likely a better solution, so take mine with a grain of salt if you must. 

About what MGRazor said to pay a fee to make the game and also to ensure that we guarantee that money goes to improve the server and raise the maximum number of people who can enter the game I would pay an amount x.xxx to make that possible

6 hours ago, Crakeruser said:

4.- The following would buy at least 5 € of the game so that at least it could arrive at a take of money and with that they improve the server I do not say that everybody but if those who can pay that amount

"how to get cease and desist letters part 1"

4.- It's a free game

"donations" for in game shit actually make a whole lot of money.

3.- The maps of Pokemmo "" I think they are saturating the server because it tesserae with their graphics.

please elaborate. 

and guys its not "We cant afford it" its "we want to keep cost low". whether they buy or rent a server its a lot of money and time to get it all working and they are putting it off.

1 hour ago, fredrichnietze said:

"how to get cease and desist letters part 1" 

"donations" for in game shit actually make a whole lot of money. 

please elaborate. 

and guys its not "We cant afford it" its "we want to keep cost low". whether they buy or rent a server its a lot of money and time to get it all working and they are putting it off. 

Let's see, I think I'll explain myself well.

38 minutes ago, VinchiJayBleu said:

OH I'M SORRY, CAN YOU NOT READ THE FONT. TOO BAD ITS MY QUESTION, MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHATEVER FONT I WANT SO DEAL WITH IT!!! :D

I am sure the devs would think the same when they skip your suggestion because they don't feel like being bothered to read this font.

but on the suggestion i never had any issues with the game. Yes a bit laggy in heavily crowded but it wasn't that bad. The servers are just fine how they are.

im not experiencing lagg whatsoever the moment i play with cable, wifi is al that laggs to me and thats 99% to blame on how big this stupid house is, rangeissues ( i do have a good connection in general 15mbps dl speed and such)

so i wonder who cannot afford it, maybe get a better package

Edited by Nibero