Special Ghost Encounter Locations

29 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

what do these ghost have that is special?

They can hold spooky and special candy and some naturally have particle effects (although you have to look carefully in battle and you can't see them from the PC summary - gotta put them in your party then check summary to see if they have them)

Edited by awkways

They can hold spooky and special candy and some naturally have particle effects (although you have to look carefully in battle and you can't see them from the PC summary - gotta put them in your party then check summary to see if they have them)

pokemon info with the tab particles wont tell that?

15 minutes ago, awkways said:

Wait so the tab that shows if they have particles doesn't tell you anything if you're viewing it from your pc? Now that's a gut punch for me, I've been hunting them all day and releasing them when everything seemed normal.

4 minutes ago, suigin said:

Wait so the tab that shows if they have particles doesn't tell you anything if you're viewing it from your pc? Now that's a gut punch for me, I've been hunting them all day and releasing them when everything seemed normal.

Correct. And on top of that, they're rather hard to see when you first encounter the poke if you're not 100% paying attention or don't know where to look. Me and Kaos tested it and I managed to get a screen of two:

Spoiler

vOA6cRX.png

tE10xnO.png

Edit: Looks like they just fixed it:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed unlocked particles not showing in summaries in some cases
Edited by awkways
1 minute ago, Nazumorg said:

So these ghosts are just like randomly walking into any other encounter?

They appear in the overworld as sprites, they'll attack if you interact with them. However if their timer runs out and they despawn they'll disappear if you talk to them.

6 hours ago, awkways said:

Are there any screenshots taken of the particle effects? I'd like to see them 

On 10/31/2018 at 10:53 AM, awkways said:

Another location & confirmation that they can be shiny:

8cq1Zb3.png

Dex info only shows them wild as a pheno in celestial tower.

Can't help but wonder if they saw a shiny over-world sprite before battle

nah, when i saw my shiny elfbot i saw him as a normal over-world sprite