My own Gym

Mylu

Question

Hi, I would like to have my own Gym, and other players can come to challenge me, the Gym Leader. Then if they defeat me they get a reward.

My first thought was to transform my Secret Base into a Gym but that seems complicated because many players can have a secret base at the same place. So I had another idea...

Adding to the PvP menu (the Masterball icon) "Gyms". Then, if we click on it there's a menu that appears and that shows a list of Gyms. For example:

Gym name / Leader name / Availability / Rewards / Rewards type / Win %

-----------------------------------------------------

ThunderGym / PikaJesus / Available / 87 / Selected / 62,88%

Dragonwall / HaoJin / Unavailable / 8 / Random / 31,04%

Explications:

• Gym name is the name that a player gives to its Gym when he creates it.
  • Leader name is the player name.
  • Availability means if the Gym Leader is currently connected and available for a battle.
    • Available means that the Gym Leader is available to fight.
    • Unavailable means that the Gym Leader is currently not available to accept challenges.
  • Rewards is a vault where the Gym Leader put some of its items in it so these items become rewards for the challengers who win. The number represents the number of items in the Vault.
  • Rewards type is how we get our reward for defeating the Gym Leader.
    • Selected means that the player can access the Vault and select one item in it.
    • Random means that the player cannot access the vault and automatically get one of the items in it.
  • Win % is the percentage that the Gym Leader has won against challengers.

Other notes:

• I think after a battle it would be better if the Gym Leader has a little break time to heal or change its pokemons.
  • Maybe it would also be better if the Gym Leader can choose its open hours (in game hours) for its Gym, so he can do the story or whatever when the Gym is closed.
  • To avoid abandoned or unuseful Gyms to pollute the Gyms list; a Gym that does not accepts challengers during a certain amount of time will be dissolved.

Edited by Mylu

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Mylu said:

Personally, I never participate to matches because there's no rewards. If there was a system where I can win useful items, I would fight for sure.

Matchmaking does grant rewards in the form of BP (Battle points). You get around 500 BP for an unranked PVP win and 2000 BP for a ranked PVP win. The BP can then be traded in at the Hoenn Battle Frontier for a variety of cool items and other things (including the toxic orb).

Ok first thing first the hole thing with the gyms both in games and in anime is that the gym leader is  someone very experienced  that uses "weak" pokemons (i mean by lvl) to fight you on the same foot and reward you with the gym badge.With all those being said here are some things that you should take in a count: 1-The reward should n be some random item as a tiny mushroom, the fact that you chose items as rewards over money only shows that you know you may lose a lot

2-Like i said the gym leader is someone experienced so if this will ever by a thing that players can be gym leaders , only players that are top 50 or smt on leader board should be allowed as gym leaders and ofc lets say you are top 10 in NU lb then you may only use NU pokes and the challenger will only be able to use NU pokes

3-If you fell like "Oh how you can say that to me ?! I am waay better then you" and stuff like that and every one should be a gym leader then a rule should apply ,that the gym leader can t switch the pokemon only when they faint (this rule applys in the anime i did not made it up).

And if you disagree with any of those then what is the point of having a gym?

If the gym leader can be anyone and the reward is some cheap stupid item, i might as well go play ranked ,not only that but lets say you have skarmory vs a fire type and you switch to avoid losing that skar ,then what is the difference from any normal or ranked match?I say if any one can be a gym leader  the rule should apply that you can t switch

5 minutes ago, Mylu said:

Personally, I never participate to matches because there's no rewards. If there was a system where I can win useful items, I would fight for sure.

See why are people telling you to play the game, instead of suggesting? They're not trying to be rude, it's just that you lack the knowledge to speak about certain subjects still.

MM rewards Battle points, which is a currency, both unranked and ranked give, in different quantities like Linfanz described, if you get on a win streak, it will increment the quantity of BP you win slowly aswell.