[PSL X] Week Five

@Gunthug I stayed in Heatran vs Shaymin because I presumed the Shaymin set to be Leech + Protect instead of Leech + 3 attacks. Also with regards to Breloom vs Shaymin, I felt that Mach Punch was really predictable (I was sure that it killed), and so I was expecting him to go to Jirachi to take the Mach, so I spored there. It was kind of unnecessary for me to take that risk because Blissey walls Jirachi. I think despite that last decision, that all of these were fair assumptions for me to make, but it was one of those instances where it didn't work out. 

Also please continue doing these commentaries, it's always nice to see things from another perspective. 

11 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

@Gunthug I stayed in Heatran vs Shaymin because I presumed the Shaymin set to be Leech + Protect instead of Leech + 3 attacks. Also with regards to Breloom vs Shaymin, I felt that Mach Punch was really predictable (I was sure that it killed), and so I was expecting him to go to Jirachi to take the Mach, so I spored there. It was kind of unnecessary for me to take that risk because Blissey walls Jirachi. I think despite that last decision, that all of these were fair assumptions for me to make, but it was one of those instances where it didn't work out. 

Also please continue doing these commentaries, it's always nice to see things from another perspective. 

Yeah that all makes total sense. Luckily I have the benefit of hindsight to critique your decisions with. The heatran v shaymin  thing was especially tough on you, since it was very difficult to draw conclusions from the first time they were both out with shaymin being parad. Was that specs tran like I thought? 

Just now, Gunthug said:

Yeah that all makes total sense. Luckily I have the benefit of hindsight to critique your decisions with. The heatran v shaymin  thing was especially tough on you, since it was very difficult to draw conclusions from the first time they were both out with shaymin being parad. Was that specs tran like I thought? 

Yeah Tran was specs. I think if I had a bit more luck and the decisions I made worked out in my favor, then there would be a sleeping Jirachi and potentially a 50% HP Suicune which could then maybe lead to a Scarf Rotom sweeping by spamming Sball. A lot of other factors would also have to be taken into consideration like me winning speed tie vs his Rotom (assuming him to be timid full speed), critting Loom or Tran, but if I perhaps had a healthier Jirachi then I could maybe have dealt some other damage that could have paved the way for Rotom. 

Edited by NikhilR
3 hours ago, Gunthug said:

If you were thinking, "Hey, I liked gunthug's video commentaries. However, I wish there was some super annoying dance music thumping in the background!" Well, you are in luck!

**disclaimer - this was a new video software and music was not optional. I'm gonna use obs for the next one, I promise**

this guy talking about a busy life with new computer new mic and everything but not talking about his new girlfriend, 3 stars