Dark Theme

BrokenBulb

Question

11 answers to this question

I just edited the site real fast using inspect to take the video and illustrate how easy it is to change the theme to your own taste in a few minutes. I can write a chrome extension that will overwrite the site's theme permanently (as long as it's turned on) and post it as an example if anyone is interested.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:47 PM, Kole said:

I just edited the site real fast using inspect to take the video and illustrate how easy it is to change the theme to your own taste in a few minutes. I can write a chrome extension that will overwrite the site's theme permanently (as long as it's turned on) and post it as an example if anyone is interested.

Neat! There's an extension named Stylus which you can use to overwrite site themes. It would be nice if you could make it work with it. :)

1 hour ago, Kole said:

Got some time tonight to check into the stylus thing and played around with it. After speaking to you within game, you mentioned a blue/dark theme.. something like this? (This is created for stylus)

o8gxSIv.jpg

Awesome job! I like this dark/blue theme you made. Could you send us the JSON file so we can use it? c:

Yea sure when I finish it. There are a lot of little things that have to be converted over to dark style. A lot of the selectors/css in general is reused in multiple places that were all white, so when you change something to dark and another to blue and another to light, that css won't look good on all of it so I have to do a lot of custom work to fix it. I'll let you know when I get it mostly done, then you can help me identify some bugs or places I missed.

I can give it to you now if you want to go ahead and start using it I guess. I believe you can "check for updates" right on stylus?

I also need to Ok this with @Desu @Kyu @Squirtle and ultimately find the best place to release it. I'm sure the staff would want to check my files for security purposes as well.

Edited by Kole
3 hours ago, Kole said:

Yea sure when I finish it. There are a lot of little things that have to be converted over to dark style. A lot of the selectors/css in general is reused in multiple places that were all white, so when you change something to dark and another to blue and another to light, that css won't look good on all of it so I have to do a lot of custom work to fix it. I'll let you know when I get it mostly done, then you can help me identify some bugs or places I missed.

I can give it to you now if you want to go ahead and start using it I guess. I believe you can "check for updates" right on stylus?

I also need to Ok this with @Desu @Kyu @Squirtle and ultimately find the best place to release it. I'm sure the staff would want to check my files for security purposes as well.

Just following the usual Client Customization rules would do. It would be a welcome change