Long-Term Investment Spooktacular!

4 hours ago, Toupi said:

then every game with microtransaction is P2W. By your definition games is either Pay 2 Play OR Pay 2 Win, nothing in between.

Imagine situation, 2 players, (for the purpose of this example they are exactly  the same when taking skill into account). One spend 0$ in real currency the other over billion $. Can you predict who will win in a battle? Let me answer for you: No. They have equal opportunity to win. The rich guy might wear more fancier vanities and maybe more shinnies, this is the only difference.

That's the point of good microtransaction, to not sell power. If the only thing microtransaction is offering is a more convinient way to play or some fancy skin, then it is not pay to win. If you spend real currency to buy some yens and buy/make every possible comp you could imagine then this is convinient part because you dont have to waste your time on grinding/breeding. Some ppl dont have time to farm in this game for hours but they still want to play this game. Will he be stronger than player who dont spend a dime? Ofc not, because you cannot buy stronger item/pokemon  

I completely agree with you, other than the fancy skins in this game, can be used for value. Which is the whole point. For example, skins in pubg, fortnite etc do not matter and micro transactions are fine. However, micro in swbf2 for example which lets you skip the game data to reach the end game. It’s something like this however not as bad. You can buy stronger Pokémon and you can buy more quicker if you go that route. Or you keep vanity till your ready to sell your stock, and put it into a bunch of cash which then you can do whatever you want with. Which u will be able to make full on competitives and a lot more without having to worry about money like most people do. Do you see the point? 

I am sure someone has bought a lot of skulls or reaper hoods with actual money by donating and just sitting on them to flip for a bunch of cash down the road. 

Basically instead of the normal person gtl flipping daily or gym grinding, they can legit not even do anything and just wait.

thats what I fear is happening and might happen. People actually not playing the game.

And if you don’t want to spend time grinding to get money then that proves my point, that people would rather just skip the game play of everything and just go straight to the end. Aka pay to win. Anytime your skipping game data cause you don’t want to do it and you can pay your way out is pay to win to me. That’s exactly what happened with swbf2 and I’m sure everyone knows how that ended up for EA

2 hours ago, Impulse5095 said:

I completely agree with you, other than the fancy skins in this game, can be used for value. Which is the whole point. For example, skins in pubg, fortnite etc do not matter and micro transactions are fine. However, micro in swbf2 for example which lets you skip the game data to reach the end game. It’s something like this however not as bad.

You are giving examples with Fortnite (Free Pass and Battle Pass, one you can earn the other you buy with real currency) and PubG (you HAVE TO spend real currency to open some chests). For me, it sounds like getting advantage by paying real currency. 

In PokeMMO you can buy a limited vanity and sell it later. Tell me, are event vanities also Pay to Win for you? You can sell vanity, buy bags/boxes from GTL, get event vanities and sell them later. Too bad you can do exactly the same thing with yen you earned in the game.

Were Moba also P2W? You could farm soft currency to buy champion or buy premium currency to buy it right away afterall.

You can buy stronger Pokémon and you can buy more quicker if you go that route. Or you keep vanity till your ready to sell your stock, and put it into a bunch of cash which then you can do whatever you want with. Which u will be able to make full on competitives and a lot more without having to worry about money like most people do. Do you see the point? 

No you can't, 6x31 is maximum, you can breed it with yens from farming NPC or from selling stuff you bought for real currency.

Yes it will be much quicker way. Spender save his time, Breeder earn his cash for breeding, non-spender get his favorite vanity, devs get money to run this game. Everyone is happy.

I see your point but I fail to understand it

I am sure someone has bought a lot of skulls or reaper hoods with actual money by donating and just sitting on them to flip for a bunch of cash down the road. 

Basically instead of the normal person gtl flipping daily or gym grinding, they can legit not even do anything and just wait.

thats what I fear is happening and might happen. People actually not playing the game.

This is called investing and like in real life it's tied with risk & frozen capital. He is spending cash he got, so he is unable to breed a comp(because he is hoarding this money he could spend on comp) as a reward he probably (risk) able to sell it later (frozen cash in time).

If he decide to not to farm, then what's the problem?

If he decide to not play pvp, then we can be sad because it's always one less player?

But what's the problem if he dont farm and play? In this situation game generated donation out of thin air because they dont provide anything to this guy and he still gave them his money.

And if you don’t want to spend time grinding to get money then that proves my point, that people would rather just skip the game play of everything and just go straight to the end. Aka pay to win. Anytime your skipping game data cause you don’t want to do it and you can pay your way out is pay to win to me. That’s exactly what happened with swbf2 and I’m sure everyone knows how that ended up for EA

You can't "win" a MMO. This is not game you can complete. You can get through story (you can't skip it with real currency). You can win a PvP match/tournament (you can't buy the win). 

But you cannot "win" multiplayer game. You can win matches/battles/rounds in Multiplayer games. Can you do that with infinite amount of Yens? Of course you can't.

1 hour ago, Toupi said:

You are giving examples with Fortnite (Free Pass and Battle Pass, one you can earn the other you buy with real currency) and PubG (you HAVE TO spend real currency to open some chests). For me, it sounds like getting advantage by paying real currency. 

In PokeMMO you can buy a limited vanity and sell it later. Tell me, are event vanities also Pay to Win for you? You can sell vanity, buy bags/boxes from GTL, get event vanities and sell them later. Too bad you can do exactly the same thing with yen you earned in the game.

Were Moba also P2W? You could farm soft currency to buy champion or buy premium currency to buy it right away afterall.

No you can't, 6x31 is maximum, you can breed it with yens from farming NPC or from selling stuff you bought for real currency.

Yes it will be much quicker way. Spender save his time, Breeder earn his cash for breeding, non-spender get his favorite vanity, devs get money to run this game. Everyone is happy.

I see your point but I fail to understand it

This is called investing and like in real life it's tied with risk & frozen capital. He is spending cash he got, so he is unable to breed a comp(because he is hoarding this money he could spend on comp) as a reward he probably (risk) able to sell it later (frozen cash in time).

If he decide to not to farm, then what's the problem?

If he decide to not play pvp, then we can be sad because it's always one less player?

But what's the problem if he dont farm and play? In this situation game generated donation out of thin air because they dont provide anything to this guy and he still gave them his money.

You can't "win" a MMO. This is not game you can complete. You can get through story (you can't skip it with real currency). You can win a PvP match/tournament (you can't buy the win). 

But you cannot "win" multiplayer game. You can win matches/battles/rounds in Multiplayer games. Can you do that with infinite amount of Yens? Of course you can't.

If your end game is playing straight competitive and you don’t care how long it takes you to breed them, then yes all your arguments are valid. However, to me I’d rather have two competitives to use in the same time period as making one so I have more than just one box to play with. 

I dont think we are we are going to agree on any of this, because there is always two sides to the p2w aspect. People who are for it and the people against it. And obviously there is more people for it or game developers would t still be doing it.

im not saying to remove vanities or their value. I’m saying that there needs to be another valuable market to balance it out. Or it’s going to be about vanity, rather than playing Pokémon. And if you don’t care about having wealth in an mmo to do what you want when you want, that’s fine. I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with it, but I just don’t get how people think it’s ok for people to come in, buy vanity, and leave the game for a year come back sell it all and repeat. So a person that has spent 1 week playing can buy more competitives in the same time period as the person who has been playing everyday grinding.