Long-Term Investment Spooktacular!

So, with these new "Reaper Hood" vanities I have to wonder. Which one will be worth more long-term?
Obviously they are the same vanity with the same RP cost. However, the real price will be determined by which one players like the most and/or which one is rarer.
So, assuming you bought both of the new vanities. Which do you guys think will be worth more down the line?

Edited by DemonicDax
21 minutes ago, DemonicDax said:

So, with these new "Reaper Hood" vanities I have to wonder. Which one will be worth more long-term?
Obviously they are the same vanity with the same RP cost. However, the real price will be determined by which one players like the most and/or which one is rarer.
So, assuming you bought both of the new vanities. Which do you guys think will be worth more down the line?

Neither, way to many people thinking this and everyone has one. Doubtful a new influx of players will happen like with what happened with the skulls.

but they are a nice and new improvement.

1 hour ago, DemonicDax said:

The same thing happened with flaming skulls, which were also 1500 rp each. At the time everyone thought blue was cooler so more were bought, which is why blue costs around 5m less today. Based on this, I have to imagine black will be worth more than it's shiny red counterpart. Just a guess though.

1 hour ago, Impulse5095 said:

Neither, way to many people thinking this and everyone has one. Doubtful a new influx of players will happen like with what happened with the skulls.

but they are a nice and new improvement.

Skulls were rising in value before the Chinese if thats what you meant. Also, pretty much everyone at the time stocked up on them just the same as people are now and the value continues to rise today. No doubt they'll be worth much more some day. The question is just when.

7 minutes ago, awkways said:

The same thing happened with flaming skulls, which were also 1500 rp each. At the time everyone thought blue was cooler so more were bought, which is why blue costs around 5m less today. Based on this, I have to imagine black will be worth more than it's shiny red counterpart. Just a guess though.

Skulls were rising in value before the Chinese if thats what you meant. Also, pretty much everyone at the time stocked up on them just the same as people are now and the value continues to rise today. No doubt they'll be worth much more some day. The question is just when.

Skulls also dropped hard before the Chinese. And they only increased when they came into play. So sorry gonna have to disagree on the pay to win method. To many people are thinking that it’s going to be that easy. I thought that too as well but 30 days to get one of these things is a long time and rp won’t be selling for 2m At the end of its run when the demand goes down because everyone has one.

but only time will tell.

Edited by Impulse5095
Spelling
2 hours ago, Impulse5095 said:

Skulls also dropped hard before the Chinese. And they only increased when they came into play. So sorry gonna have to disagree on the pay to win method. To many people are thinking that it’s going to be that easy. I thought that too as well but 30 days to get one of these things is a long time and rp won’t be selling for 2m At the end of its run when the demand goes down because everyone has one.

but only time will tell.

From dropped hard you mean around December when they went from like 12m to 8m and then back up? Still a general improvement over the 2 to 3m they began at. Im not claiming they will always rise and never drop, its a steady increase over time. To say they aren't going to rise over time at all is kinda crazy imo, but time will tell :^). Hopefully those who don't invest don't go complaining in 2 years that they want a chance to buy them again.

Also you don't have to "pay to win" to invest in vanities. Someone somewhere does if thats their style but its not the only method. Calling investing in limited vanities pay to win is making a big assumption for a lot of people

18 minutes ago, awkways said:

Also you don't have to "pay to win" to invest in vanities. Someone somewhere does if thats their style but its not the only method. Calling investing in limited vanities pay to win is making a big assumption for a lot of people

Oh c'mon. Buying a vanity can sometimes match the amount of work it takes someone to grind for a month nonstop.

1 minute ago, Raichu4u said:

Oh c'mon. Buying a vanity can sometimes match the amount of work it takes someone to grind for a month nonstop.

What i'm saying is that you don't need to buy RP to get the masks. GTL/Trading/Yen works just fine. That is not the same as P2W, in case that wasn't clear

Just now, awkways said:

What i'm saying is that you don't need to buy RP to get the masks. GTL/Trading/Yen works just fine. That is not the same as P2W, in case that wasn't clear

I think moreso that it was a jab at the fact that you can sit on a vanity for a bit, and sell it later to where you get that month worth of cash.

3 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

That's... exactly what happens when you buy a limited vanity. You sit on it, sell it, and you have effectively made cash for in-game currency transfer.

Uhhh na lol sorry. If you buy it with in-game currency it's not pay to win. It's just a flip. If I spent 30m on a shiny and then sold it for 35m do you also consider that pay to win? xD

7 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

How do you think these items are originally produced?

45 minutes ago, awkways said:

Guess I can make it clearer for you since it seems you don't understand

Player A buys the item from gift shop and sells it immediately to player B for in-game yen.

Player A buys the same item from the gift shop and sits on it for a year and sells it when it's worth 10x more.

Player B buys it for pokeyen and sits on it for a while and sells in a year when it's worth 10x more to player C

Player C buys it for 10x more than original price in pokeyen and sells in another year when it's worth 15x more than the original price.

Player A is P2W in both scenarios.

Player B is not P2W.

Player C is not P2w.

Two diff types of players, but they are all investing in limited vanities and selling for more later. Not everyone who invests in RP items are paying to win.

Edited by awkways

The way I see it, you put in the grind for the money either way. You wanna grind for the in-game currency to buy the vanity on GTL, go for it. You wanna buy RP and get it that way, go for it. Spending real money is no less legitimate than grinding in game. You still put in the hours of work to make the cash to buy that vanity. Both sides have to do some form of grinding. So, I personally see no issues with "Pay 2 Win." Especially since this game in particular isn't as pay to win as a lot of games from greedy game publishers are. You can go just as far here without spending money than you can as someone who does. And, if you want to spend real cash to support the developers and benefit from it in game, then what's problem with that?

That's my opinion on the matter.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:47 AM, awkways said:

Pay to win means using outside currency to get rich in game.. google it i guess

it's not impossible, and you could even claim the game is indeed a bit pay2win, just looking at how much RP the chinese community sold.

But yeah, you really don't need to spend a cent in this game, to get anything, just some hardwork for the rarer things.

i think the most i spent was $40 dollars (my currency) on two 30 day donator back in the day but never spent more then that with my shiny luck before donator status was tradeable and still didnt find a shiny within that 40 dollars spent

Edited by GodofKawaii

What you guys are talking about :D P2W is when paying gives you advantage in game. Since you can bring only 6pokemon into battle and you cannot obtain anything stronger than others because you used real currency.

You can buy resources to make new Pokémon but you can't get any advantage in game, this is not RTS.

And no, having more Pokémon to choose from is not advantage. We could talk about P2W if some Pokémon, item or Stat boost was behind pay wall

1 hour ago, Toupi said:

What you guys are talking about :D P2W is when paying gives you advantage in game. Since you can bring only 6pokemon into battle and you cannot obtain anything stronger than others because you used real currency.

You can buy resources to make new Pokémon but you can't get any advantage in game, this is not RTS.

And no, having more Pokémon to choose from is not advantage. We could talk about P2W if some Pokémon, item or Stat boost was behind pay wall

Any type of advantage to a player through buying items with real money can be pay to win. It doesn’t matter if it’s barely noticeable. If your paying real money to get ahead of others then it can be pay to win.

the most discouraging thing to me right now is that, I can buy 10 more reaper hoods, go through all of my in game currency, and be in a better spot two years from now if I never play the game again. 

I get that its a market and thats how that works. But when a “shark” can find this great game. Invest real money into it, never play it for another two years, come back and be in a better position financially than me, is somewhat very discouraging. 

This is why having other “valuable” markets other than vanity is important in the long run of this game. It’s what keeps the p2w aspect out of it. The end game is what can be viewed as p2w. You can play competitive, or try to get rich and trade. Either way, your in game wealth, plays a big factor in your enjoyment of the end game.

but this all can could have been said 6 years ago, so the more I think about it, I can see it both ways. But p2w has always been a bad subject for me when it comes to games. And granite that’s the way to support the devs, which they deserve. I just hope another market other than vanity rises so it’s not vanitymmo. 

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by Impulse5095
Spelling
23 minutes ago, Impulse5095 said:

Any type of advantage to a player through buying items with real money can be pay to win. It doesn’t matter if it’s barely noticeable. If your paying real money to get ahead of others then it can be pay to win.

then every game with microtransaction is P2W. By your definition games is either Pay 2 Play OR Pay 2 Win, nothing in between.

Imagine situation, 2 players, (for the purpose of this example they are exactly  the same when taking skill into account). One spend 0$ in real currency the other over billion $. Can you predict who will win in a battle? Let me answer for you: No. They have equal opportunity to win. The rich guy might wear more fancier vanities and maybe more shinnies, this is the only difference.

That's the point of good microtransaction, to not sell power. If the only thing microtransaction is offering is a more convinient way to play or some fancy skin, then it is not pay to win. If you spend real currency to buy some yens and buy/make every possible comp you could imagine then this is convinient part because you dont have to waste your time on grinding/breeding. Some ppl dont have time to farm in this game for hours but they still want to play this game. Will he be stronger than player who dont spend a dime? Ofc not, because you cannot buy stronger item/pokemon