Legendaries Available For All

BurnBabieBurn

Question

I think it would be a good idea to make Legendaries available to everyone, so for example everyone can have their own Mewtwo but there would obviously be some guidelines/rules. The legendary would be untradable so it can't be put on gtl or traded to another player and the legendary can't be used in tournaments/pvp. But it can be used in storymode. 

13 answers to this question

4 hours ago, BurnBabieBurn said:

I don't understand why though, if its for story then its your own choice whether you use it or not. The only time I could see a problem would be if it was A tradable or B used in pvp

They can't make an interesting storyline to keep the players engaged, thus they are trying to set some 'walls' to force players to grind (level caps, E4 levels, not allowing legendaries).

23 minutes ago, axx said:

They can't make an interesting storyline to keep the players engaged, thus they are trying to set some 'walls' to force players to grind (level caps, E4 levels, not allowing legendaries).

rolling over story with single charizard and leaving E4 as a farm-able dummies would be more engaging Im sure

5 minutes ago, axx said:

Quite a fallacy there, I've never advocated for either.

sorry, thought you are saying level caps, E4 scaling and lack of legendaries are reality because they want to set a wall to force player into grinding.

For me, those are things introduced to apply a bit of weight on players to make them think a bit more about game -> making them more engaged -> being more interested in battling -> playing more. Was it done correctly? Dunno.

Im bit skeptic that devs are so out of touch with game design they are not aware it's like the worst thing ever when players starts to notice grind. Constant grind(especially the one which is forced upon you) is boring, and when players start to be bored by the game they leave it, which is pretty opposite of what you want to accomplish.

Does this changes introduce a mindless grind into game? Maybe, but claiming it's worse than before changes or it was put in on purpose is in my opinion a bit dishonest.