Pokemon Trading Card Game Thread

Alright I did it @Lightningvolt

Thought I'd open a thread for Pokemon TCG. Please discuss anything regarding Pokemon Trading Card Game. Competitive metagame, your favorite decks, or just the Pokemon artwork in general.

Personally I haven't played all that long but been spectating it regularly enough for a while. Since we have lots of League Cups around where I live, it kinda make me to give a try. My main deck I'm currently playing is Buzzwole/Garbodor/Shrine of Punishment and all of its variants. Feel free to add me in Pokemon TCG Online, name is the same as in here.

Finally! a TCG thread

I haven't been following the recent expansions of TCG either but yesterday I came across my old collection which had cards from various Eras of Pokemon, which gave a mixed feeling with a slight nostalgia.

I have been following Pokemon TCG on and off over the years, started around ~15 years ago with some emerald era cards.

I left collecting ,after completing the Generations expansion, for quite some time but I might be starting it again.

Out of all the sets I have collected, Generations have the best artworks.Not just the reworked ones but the new full arts and foiled cards too

Spoiler

PikachuGenerationsRC29.jpg300px-MGardevoirEXPokeKyunCollection20.js-l300.jpg

1090317.jpg

I never had a competitive environment but it was always fun to play with friends.

I'll share a deck that I loved during breakpoint expansion later.

Used to play quite a lot, but stopped around 1 year ago... (again) 

My top performing decks were:

Gardevoir GX + Zoroark GX. Quite solid, had issues against Buzzwolls and Metal Decks, like ADugtrio

Buzzwoll in general. Used more the variant with Zoroark, but the Zygarde+Regirock worked super well too. I guess the rotation happened, or will soon, so Rip old EX

But the deck I loved the most was Nuzzle Raichu GX. A bunch of Pikachus with Nuzzle and Pachirisu to get some massive damages after evolving into Raichu GX. Added also Koko for some switching advantage, and the MVP Xurkitree to fuck over most GarchompLucario decks and Passimians... Really liked that one 

Also, obviously with a Lele or 2 on every deck 

• 3 years later...