Shiny Trading? Where?

2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

It does not damage the economy though. It's an independent market segment with no influence on yen sinks or faucets.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the existance of a few super valuable items.

Think about a real life situation: A rich art collector can (and does) buy many expensive and exclusive paintings made by the Old Masters. There is no more supply of these paintings, that's how that market segment operates.

It has no influence on the economy at all.

So its not like a stupid guy spends a ton of cash on this things? After some ''expert'' told him it worth that much. XD

Edited by Hyperchaser
47 minutes ago, axx said:

If you are willing to 'overpay' in shinnies then maybe, just maybe, the shiny was not worth that much to begin with

since you know, you can just go and farm another one...

itt: salty shiny traders aka nothing new

TBH i dont think these guys are "salty" they have pretty much everything they could ask for in this game.

They are simply pointing out the fact that Shiny Trading (which is a massive part of this game to a lot of people and has/will cause many to leave) has been destroyed by the recent botting problem/increase in ultra rares, Even though that has been (hopefully) taken care of and the shinys on GTL are not over 1000 anymore, The damage was done when 70m+ shinys dropped to below 20 and now nobody feels safe buying or trading for a shiny. its not even so much about there value its the fact not many people even want them anymore so the whole trading aspect will die. no one will buy something to use as trading material when they know nobody wants it.

This past 6 months you could of spent grinding 24/7 when you could of just bought a skull in the first place and not even played the game and you would have 10x more cash in the same amount of time.

The fact that the fairly recent time vanity's like flaming skulls have risen in price extremely fast is ridiculous when you compare it to the electric storm which has been around since pretty much game release and has only in the last couple years exceeded 30m in price.

The reason that is a problem is because if this is the new norm, any player could log on @ the halloween event, buy a time vanity for around 1m or donate and quit, at this rate if they came back less than a year later they would of reached there end game without even playing. I don't think that would be good for any "MMO" 

I don't have a problem with time limited items but the current situation with them is absurd and i can only assume that because of the recent shiny crash these items have risen so much in price so quickly. As a few others have said this is a PokemonMMO, many people like me dgaf about silly hats but there the only thing thats worth anything rn :P

I don't have a solution for it though :P maybe the economy will come back maybe not

Edited by Flareonn
rip your time for reading

Rip shinys, at least it was somewhat fun trading and dealing with shinys while it lasted, but from what i can see, the devs dont seem to care about shinys rarity or their values, so its just gona get worse with time. Sure, there is still gona be shiny trading around, but its just going to become even more irrelevant and unrewarding than it already is. Funny thing is the most valuable things in the game ended up being a couple of vanitys, owned by a few players that will obviously never trade or sell them, since they will just theoretically keep raising in value because they will never come back, sure nothing wrong with them not coming back, but every other thing in the game gets fucked up in value because all are unlimited. Sad to see considering shiny traders are some of the most dedicated players in this game.

1 hour ago, Flareonn said:

words

Not entirely disagreeing with you, but some points I'd like to address

> shiny trading has been destroyed by the recent botting problem/increase in ultra rares

Yes, that has little to do with vanities...

> The damage was done when 70m+ shinys dropped to below 20

So a shiny (which can be farmed over and over again) being worth 50m+ is ok, but a single-time item being worth 30m+ is not ok?

Could it be that the shiny was not worth 70m+ to begin with?

> buy something to use as trading material

Thats the whole point of pokeyen, traders just somehow decided to set arbitrary values of yen, that might not even exist, to a pokemon they got from a noob for cheap.

It's like the lucky eggs all over again, we are not supposed to trade in "things."

> nobody wants it

They want it for the right price. It's pretty easy to math the cost in time/leppas and estimate if you'd rather no-life for a while or to straight up buy a shiny (not counting OT).

> just bought a skull in the first place

Investment, as you can surely tell not all the limited items are worth the same.

If I'm not mistaken (Darkshade?), by chronological order we got:

1. Desu Lab Coat (Colour) / Desu Lab Coat
3. Kyu Hat
4. Knight's Helmet
5. Jack-O-Lantern
6. The Electric Storm
7. Blue Flamming Skull / Orange Flamming Skull
8. Penguin outfit / Penguin Mask
9. Rudolph's Antlers
10. Lillipad Sombrero

If you sort them by price it would look something like: 1 >> 2=6 > 4 > 7 (O) > 7 (B) = 5 = 3 > ...

The time it was released doesn't have much to do with their value growth. Just as with shinnies there are some more desirable than others. Buying the "right" vanity is an investment that might not pay out as expected.

> any player could log on @ the halloween event, buy a time vanity for around 1m or donate and quit

Its the same as if a guy who just started finds a "super-rare" shiny. Is becoming rich by luck fairer than becoming rich as product of your investment? If anything ask the devs to stop lining their pockets with the concept of limited vanities.

How about each halloween/xmas event dropping limited items with a very small chance for a change?

> I don't think that would be good for any "MMO" 

Now you are onto something here, it's an issue with people hoarding vanities. Which funny enough, by hoarding them the price flats as there is no artificial demand created by hoarders...

> because of the recent shiny crash these items have risen so much in price so quickly

Ofc if A drops value then you need more A's to buy B who woulda thunk!...

Hence the problem with using arbitrary units as measurement of value, just start using the yen as intended.

> I don't have a solution for it though :P maybe the economy will come back maybe not

For there to be a solution first clearly state what is the problem?

The economy will stay the same: vanities, comps, money sinks.

As far as I can tell, only shinnies are being affected by what looks like an expected drop from people realising that farmable odd colored pixels won't ever grow in value.

Edited by axx
Formatting.

As a person who probably only has about 2 mil in this game with some good comps to get their work done, why do people care so much about the high value shiny trading and vanity market so much? As far as I'm concerned about what the real lifeblood of the economy is, it's pretty much just actual comp trading, everstone prices, berry prices, etc. I get it that it's pretty much just endgame trading, but it seems like there's a lot of worry placed over just an insane luxury item in the economy.

4 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

As a person who probably only has about 2 mil in this game with some good comps to get their work done, why do people care so much about the high value shiny trading and vanity market so much? As far as I'm concerned about what the real lifeblood of the economy is, it's pretty much just actual comp trading, everstone prices, berry prices, etc. I get it that it's pretty much just endgame trading, but it seems like there's a lot of worry placed over just an insane luxury item in the economy.

End goals. You will get there one day (hopefully).

11 hours ago, axx said:

As far as I can tell, only shinnies are being affected by what looks like an expected drop from people realising that farmable odd colored pixels won't ever grow in value.

I can see your side of it, i was just trying to help you see the other side (the ops side of it) from my perspective of mainly shiny trading with my time on pokemmo.

I would like to see the want for shinys to come back (i think the reason for this thread was created) vanitys imo are off-topic. Op just pointed out the facts linking them because of  the current situation with shinys (everyone running to buy limiteds instead).

Thanks for the reply but i don't intend to spend much more time on the forums so i will leave it there :P