Shiny Trading? Where?

2 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

I think it would be interesting if some vanities could be available seasonally. Like Halloween ones can be rebought during Halloween, Christmas ones during then, etc.

This happens for scarf, santa outfit, reindeer antlers, any vanity with seasonal tag fits your description.

To put a harness on the skyrocketed prices of vanities, just make new limited vanities more often.

When was the last limited item, lilipad, up for sale? Months, prob half a year ago.

If there are new limited vanities, say, once every month then people won't have to scramble for the few existing ones on the market. Again, law of supply and demand.

From the game developer's point of view, prob couldn't care less thou. Same here, while I agree that buying vanities now is good investment, I wouldn't want to contribute to this cycle that will raise the crazy prices further. Besides, if by any chance an update that might affect this come, the bubbles are gonna burst hard.

I think a update might help with the hidden abilities and dungeons if we ever get them. Those shinies might be worth a lot especially making them competitive, think Venusaur and company. Granite this will only be temporary and probably make the shinies we have now in a worse position.

I noticed a lot of people buy a ton of "limited items" and just sit on them. Some guys buy 20 or 50 and sit. They end up making what like 100-150m + doing nothing but spending their cash on here. While they have people actually grinding all day long. Some people did island and gym runs all day long 10 hours. And these other guys sitting around doing nothing. Making more cash than them just spending money. This is basically a pay to win kinda game. While people actually gotta grind. Halloween and Christmas events are different. At least you make decent amount grinding for this amount of time you put in it. 

22 hours ago, SinPoke said:

From the game developer's point of view, prob couldn't care less thou. Same here, while I agree that buying vanities now is good investment, I wouldn't want to contribute to this cycle that will raise the crazy prices further. Besides, if by any chance an update that might affect this come, the bubbles are gonna burst hard.

Im glad that u dont want to contribute in this cycle. The bubbles would even burst even if 5 pieces of the same limited item were found in a year, it would be enough to burst that bubble, thats because they dont buy limit vanities for their coolness but 100% for their safeness. For many reasons i find that unacceptable and wrong. Every game with limited items gives a way that u can get your hands on them. Only pokemmo sits back and see their market getting destroyed.

Edited by Hyperchaser
1 hour ago, Hyperchaser said:

For many reasons i find that unacceptable and wrong. Every game with limited items gives a way that u can get your hands on them. Only pokemmo sits back and see their market getting destroyed.

u seem to not understand the concept of trading, the concept of 'limited' items or both

33 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

u seem to not understand the concept of trading, the concept of 'limited' items or both

I don't wanna burst your bubble or anything, but you telling him that he doesn't understand the concept of trading is irrelevant since I'm pretty sure you yourself don't shiny trade at all or do high table trades. If I am wrong and you do indeed trade vanities, buy shinies and sell them for profit and have been monitoring the market as well as global trade market prices on a daily basis, sorry.

7 minutes ago, Goku said:

I don't wanna burst your bubble or anything, but you telling him that he doesn't understand the concept of trading is irrelevant since I'm pretty sure you yourself don't shiny trade at all or do high table trades. If I am wrong and you do indeed trade vanities, buy shinies and sell them for profit and have been monitoring the market as well as global trade market prices on a daily basis, sorry.

Yeah man if you go ahead and read what im saying there u will see it is indeed relevant when he is saying there is no way to get his hands on limited items, when in fact he can 'trade' for them.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:01 AM, Hyperchaser said:

And in my personal opinion you play pokemon to own pokemon.

Agree 1000% This is why i'm getting less and less interested in this VanityMMO. I have always been a shiny trader on and off since 2012 but now there is just no point (the joy is not even there anymore for me as all high end shinys are dropping in price so fast and the demand is not there anymore) you might as well just buy a time limited vanity and sit in Vermillion untill its price is 100X what it was, Shiny trading imo has took a massive hit this year and i don't see it coming back.

Btw please buy my shiny Salamence ;3 good invesment! i promise! 

9 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Yeah man if you go ahead and read what im saying there u will see it is indeed relevant when he is saying there is no way to get his hands on limited items, when in fact he can 'trade' for them.

I understand where you're coming from, but for new players who just started the game and wanting limiteds, being able to obtain them will nearly be impossible without donating and selling rp. How will new players be able to get to 50 or even a 100 million when players that have been playing this game for years don't even reach that. Starters don't even sell for that. And if in such rare cases that limiteds are being sold for shinies it's either starters + cash being traded for them at ridiculous price evaluation already damaging the value and because of the shiny trader being scared his shiny dropping another 30% value the next month. "Trading" is fcked.

Edited by Goku
6 minutes ago, Goku said:

I understand where you're coming from, but for new players who just started the game and wanting limiteds, being able to obtain them will nearly be impossible without donating and selling rp. How will new players be able to get to 50 or even a 100 million when players that have been playing this game for years don't even reach that. Starters don't even sell for that. And if in such rare cases that limiteds are being sold for shinies it's either starters + cash being traded for them at ridiculous price evaluation already damaging the value and because of the shiny trader being scared his shiny dropping another 30% value the next month. "Trading" is fcked.

lmao what. crazy how when you start the game with nothing you can't automatically get some of the rarest items/pokemon in the game. its also wild that someone who does trade vanities, buy shinies and sell them for profit and have been monitoring the market as well as global trade market prices on a daily basis doesn't understand that limited items are inherently valuable. 

1 hour ago, DaftCoolio said:

lmao what. crazy how when you start the game with nothing you can't automatically get some of the rarest items/pokemon in the game. its also wild that someone who does trade vanities, buy shinies and sell them for profit and have been monitoring the market as well as global trade market prices on a daily basis doesn't understand that limited items are inherently valuable. 

Please bro don't start with me. Read the thread and what it's about. I understand all too well as I own most of them. But you can't seem to realize the affect it has on the market since you don't understand the basics of market trading. Reezy and hyperchaser been here since 2013 a long with me. We in it. We been in it for years. Don't try to lecture me about smth you know nothing about.

The effect of removing the 'limited edition' tag on certain vanitied will cause a few things, none of which related to the value of shinies.

1. Trust of playerbase in Devs plummets: By changing a fundamental feature post-ante, who will trust the implementation of new features to be what they claim to be?

2. Value of limited edition items drop significantly: Good for the people who really like the visuals of a certain limited item and can't afford it. Bad for everyone else.

I'd like to refer to the runescape party hat/halloween mask/santa hat market of limited vanities. It has been done 15 years ago in runescape, if people fail to anticipate the effects of it on pokemmo, that's their own shortcoming.

Don't punish smart investors for predicting what was going to happen to the value of limited vanities.

3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

The effect of removing the 'limited edition' tag on certain vanitied will cause a few things, none of which related to the value of shinies.

1. Trust of playerbase in Devs plummets: By changing a fundamental feature post-ante, who will trust the implementation of new features to be what they claim to be?

2. Value of limited edition items drop significantly: Good for the people who really like the visuals of a certain limited item and can't afford it. Bad for everyone else.

I'd like to refer to the runescape party hat/halloween mask/santa hat market of limited vanities. It has been done 15 years ago in runescape, if people fail to anticipate the effects of it on pokemmo, that's their own shortcoming.

Don't punish smart investors for predicting what was going to happen to the value of limited vanities.

1.They already placed knight helmet and desu in mystery boxes and then removed them cuz some players got salty. I suggest they do it again. 

2.How is this bad for everyone else when everyone else = like 20 people on a server of thousands hoarding the shit. 

3. How can you even compare runescape to this xDD seriously.

Don't talk about predictions when the value of a single vanity can rise more than 40% in a month and the value of a shiny plummet 40%. There is no punishment involved, just balancing.   

17 minutes ago, Goku said:

1.They already placed knight helmet and desu in mystery boxes and then removed them cuz some players got salty. I suggest they do it again. 

2.How is this bad for everyone else when everyone else = like 20 people on a server of thousands hoarding the shit. 

Don't talk about predictions when the value of a single vanity can rise more than 40% in a month and the value of a shiny plummet 40%. There is no punishment involved, just balancing.   

1. I was one of the salty players because the items were specifically advertised as limited. False advertising aka lying isn't ethical, so rightfully so I was salty.

2. I exaggerated, apologies. It's bad for players who own the vanity, because they lose wealth. It does not affect players who don't have the vanity and don't want it.

3. I can compare pokemmo to other runescape. Both are MMORPG, their economy works similarly, it's an accurate comparison.

I can talk about predictions since I made that prediction years ago and it has come true. When supply of an item is limited, it makes sense the value increases over time. When the playerbase grows, it also makes sense that shinies become less rare, decreasing their value. Scarcity economics apply.

The topic is about shinies and their values, leave vanities out of it. I've already suggested a way to manage the value of shinies by limiting the amount encountered per day, which could be unfair when implemented wrongly.

12 minutes ago, Goku said:

Nomather what game nor if it is in real life: Limited should always = Limited.

I actuly think party hats are a great example, from buyable to "i wont afford that even if i sold my house" in a span a few years.

Now, if you really would like shiny to increase in value (i assume that is in fact the whole point of this post) then there are only 2ways.

1. Make shinies more rare/limited with any suggestion already made in the thread. 

The followup problems of these suggestions are also stated in the thread.

2. Make so that shines are only sellable if they have your own OT, meaning if you buy a shiny you wont be able to trade it away nor sell it AT ALL.

I wont go into details on pros and cons since the list might get.. well, long AF.

I understand both points of view in this thread and i stand by noone. The only thing i have to disagree with is making limited cosmetics availible again, i do agree they should make more limited cosmetics more frequently tho.

Want to make rare shinies more rare and safe to buy? Cut the encounter percentages in half for ultra rare pokes (example 5% charmander > 2.5%). Like this ultra rare shinies coming in are reduced and no one with existing shinies loses.

Edited by EazyDog
6 hours ago, Tyrone said:

I believe i answered some of your questions before with no feedback. Now i got one answer about this post. Your "smart" thinking to invest on limited vanities was made by a bunch of players including me. But even as a limited vanity investor im saying im against it because things have gone too far. Now ur reasoning about devs lying is just off-topic. When something damages economy and measures have to be taken this isnt a real point in an arguement when devs can bend some words that u have taken for granted. Like adding limited boxes for a chance to obtain a limited item. Also i want to say this, what im doing  is not only about me , i have lots of things and wealth and i can buy or stock anything i need, thats what makes my word strong.

Edited by Hyperchaser

It does not damage the economy though. It's an independent market segment with no influence on yen sinks or faucets.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the existance of a few super valuable items.

Think about a real life situation: A rich art collector can (and does) buy many expensive and exclusive paintings made by the Old Masters. There is no more supply of these paintings, that's how that market segment operates.

It has no influence on the economy at all.

Edited by Tyrone
Typo
7 hours ago, Goku said:

Please bro don't start with me. Read the thread and what it's about. I understand all too well as I own most of them. But you can't seem to realize the affect it has on the market since you don't understand the basics of market trading. Reezy and hyperchaser been here since 2013 a long with me. We in it. We been in it for years. Don't try to lecture me about smth you know nothing about.

the supply of limited vanities is low so the price is high, the supply of shinys is high so the price is low, turns out u dont have to have been a shiny trader for 5 years to understand that champ.

1 hour ago, Hyperchaser said:

Also i want to say this, what im doing  is not only about me , i have lots of things and wealth and i can buy or stock anything i need, thats what makes my word strong.

Same. We were here before limited vanities were even a thing. I also got shit to back me up.

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

It does not damage the economy though. It's an independent market segment with no influence on yen sinks or faucets.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the existance of a few super valuable items.

Think about a real life situation: A rich art collector can (and does) buy many expensive and exclusive paintings made by the Old Masters. There is no more supply of these paintings, that's how that market segment operates.

It has no influence on the economy at all.

One thing though, this isn't real life. The majority of players want limiteds. Thus shinies are less desireable and are used as shit material to overpay for these limiteds which in conclusion is damaging their value. Shinies are being used as replacements for a quick yen payment meaning the average player can't even afford 10 million yen cash as a deposit on a limited vanity and maybe give a shiny with a net worth of 40 mil to cover 20 if that vanity was around 30.  That vanity is worth more now and the shiny is worth less. This cycle continues every day.  And with traders that are more and more not willing to take shinies as payment and only want yen they are forcing players to sell shinies for a shitty amount of yen against it's true value in order to obtain the cash needed to buy that vanity. By the time they have reached the amount the vanity increased with value. The only reason limiteds are sought after is because certainty.

Also Overpaying contributes. Here is why, a limited amount of people have limited vanities and they manipulate the prices of these vanities because they are only interested in selling for an overpay because they know they can get it. Everyone does it and soon that "Overpay amount" becomes the norm amount and then the cycle refreshes.

Edited by Goku
4 hours ago, Goku said:

They did it with another helmet also that was only given out through a tournament. It was the first one to raise in value and now you can get it dirt cheap cause it’s in the actual game. It was the swablu hat or something like that? Correct me if I’m wrong. But it’s been done before with vanities, and I get It’s moraly and ethically wrong for them to change the limited on them, but this is getting out of hand. And I think that’s the main reason why this topic is even still going. The people that have the skulls are defending and the people that don’t want it gone.

but what reezy hit on about people just sitting on them making 10x more cash than I am while I’m actually gym running etc and playing the game, just speaks volumes at the issue of this game. And when someone wants to unload skulls immediately everyone panics and try’s to sell their’s. For example 3-4 weeks ago someone did this, then I have 2-4 people messaging me as soon as I get on to buy their skull for 5-7 million less than the value was 2 hours before it. It just shows what the market is doing that there is legit 10-20 players controlling a couple thousand people’s income in game based on a tag on a vanity because they have a lump some of them.

i get there is the trading market and that is a side of the game but there needs to be a balance between it all. Comes to a point that we are all just playing the stock market and not the actual game, and if that’s the case I’d rather do it with actual money in real life and not a pixel on a computer.