Shiny Trading? Where?

14 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

feel free to enlight me but i doubt anything you say will be a good argument. my guess would be that you might be refering to the lucky egg for shiny time. 

Your guess is wrong since you obviously weren't playing at that time. I'm sorry but what did you bring to the discussion? Stating that shinies are overpriced rn... are you kidding me? Yes if there is no money to make out of shinies don't you think that's a Huge problem? I can basically trade my e storm right now for a starter + cash. What Hyperchaser and Reezy is saying is that vanities shouldn't be > shinies in a sense. This isn't vanityMMO. This is PokeMMO.

20 minutes ago, Goku said:

vanities shouldn't be > shinies in a sense

Ok, so your personal opinions are more important than supply and demand. Now we're getting to the root of this thread. By this logic no vanity should ever be worth more than 700k so it never is more than the cost of any shiny since "this isn't vanitymmo"

22 minutes ago, Goku said:

Your guess is wrong since you obviously weren't playing at that time. I'm sorry but what did you bring to the discussion? Stating that shinies are overpriced rn... are you kidding me?

Coming from someone who can't understand what "limited" means or read someone's point/counterpoint if it's more than 2 sentences, you're being a little harsh on him don't you think?

23 minutes ago, awkways said:

Ok, so your personal opinions are more important than supply and demand. Now we're getting to the root of this thread. By this logic no vanity should ever be worth more than 700k so it never is more than the cost of any shiny since "this isn't vanitymmo"

Coming from someone who can't understand what "limited" means or read someone's point/counterpoint if it's more than 2 sentences, you're being a little harsh on him don't you think?

Let me stop you right there, (and please learn to read and stop assuming) I suggested that they are made available through yearly events but harder to obtain than event items or being available again in the mystery box but at a shitty rate so that they are still accessible They were before and it's not staff, it's Devs who call those type of shots. They will still be hard to get and obviously they gonna lose value but claiming they are going to be worth less than 700k is just a ignorant point of view. At least when new players come they can actually grind their asses off and be able to buy / obtain them. But this isn't the point. When the focus is shifted from vanities a bit it'll be directed to shinies again. Don't be salty cuz this might affect you. It'll affect everyone.

Edited by Goku
28 minutes ago, Goku said:

Your guess is wrong since you obviously weren't playing at that time. 

true i wasn't playing this game in 2014. it is probably the reason why i am not so heavily biased on this subject like you are

32 minutes ago, Goku said:

I'm sorry but what did you bring to the discussion?

nearly sound like you are being passive aggressive but if you want to know becaus you can't read. basic supply and demand principle. or if you want it in other word the costumer is king not the trader.

36 minutes ago, Goku said:

Stating that shinies are overpriced rn... are you kidding me?

if shiny don't sell it is for a reason. basic supply and demand knowledge should lead you to lower your price to match the demand but you and many other refuse and just complain insted.

38 minutes ago, Goku said:

Yes if there is no money to make out of shinies don't you think that's a Huge problem?

the problem is that you and many other have a hard time accepting that there is much less money to be made with shiny. just becaus you can't make 20m of a single shiny doesn't mean there is no money to make at all.

41 minutes ago, Goku said:

This isn't vanityMMO. This is PokeMMO.

this is probably your only point that can hold itself together a little. but you still seem to forget that those same vanity are also a part of pokemmo. if you go further with your logic we will end up with no trader being allowed becaus we are all supposed to be pokemon trainer becaus this is a pokemon game after all.

the true thing that killed the old shiny market is information people got with the gtl listing fee being caped at 25k. with that shiny traders wheren't able to manipulate the price like they used to and the price is now going to what it should have been from the start.

10 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

true i wasn't playing this game in 2014. it is probably the reason why i am not so heavily biased on this subject like you are

nearly sound like you are being passive aggressive but if you want to know becaus you can't read. basic supply and demand principle. or if you want it in other word the costumer is king not the trader.

if shiny don't sell it is for a reason. basic supply and demand knowledge should lead you to lower your price to match the demand but you and many other refuse and just complain insted.

the problem is that you and many other have a hard time accepting that there is much less money to be made with shiny. just becaus you can't make 20m of a single shiny doesn't mean there is no money to make at all.

this is probably your only point that can hold itself together a little. but you still seem to forget that those same vanity are also a part of pokemmo. if you go further with your logic we will end up with no trader being allowed becaus we are all supposed to be pokemon trainer becaus this is a pokemon game after all.

the true thing that killed the old shiny market is information people got with the gtl listing fee being caped at 25k. with that shiny traders wheren't able to manipulate the price like they used to and the price is now going to what it should have been from the start.

We just gonna go in circles here. Doesn't help arguing with someone with a self-centered opinion. Just a waste of time. Not my fault you're not able to see or understand the bigger picture. @Hyperchaser bro if you feel like it's worth explaining smth to them go for it. 

3 minutes ago, Goku said:

claiming they are going to be worth less than 700k is just a ignorant point of view

That's not what I said. About shinys or vanitys. I'm not gonna explain myself twice because your mentally a 6 year old, but essentially I was showing how your "this isnt vanitymmo" point is moot af.

3 minutes ago, Goku said:

please learn to read and stop assuming

^

7 minutes ago, awkways said:

That's not what I said. About shinys or vanitys. I'm not gonna explain myself twice because your mentally a 6 year old, but essentially I was showing how your "this isnt vanitymmo" point is moot af.

^

Ohhh shame bro don't get all tense just because you don't agree with smth someone said. Telling me I have the mentality of a 6 year old, what a dipshit. I'm done.

Edited by Goku
1 minute ago, Goku said:

Ohhh shame bro don't get all tense just because you don't agree with smth someone said. Telling me I have the mentality of a 6 year, what a dipshit. I'm done.

You really don't deserve a part in this discussion whatsoever anyway. You're literally trying to ask the WHOLE GAME and thousands of players to change the basics of game-play because you and maybe 10 other people are personally unhappy with losing money on shinys and simultaneously salty af because the same thing isn't happening to vanities. Can't be bothered to actually take 2 seconds to think about why its happening even when someone lays it right out for you. It's not that hard. If you can't figure that out then idk what else to tell you. It's supply and demand, maybe put on a conspiracy youtube video about the end of the pokemmo world and you'll understand.

1 minute ago, Goku said:

We just gonna go in circles here. Doesn't help arguing with someone with a self-centered opinion. 

my opinion is centered around supply and demand aka the most logic thing to go from since it is the root of all trades, something that for some reason you refuse to even try to consider.

4 minutes ago, Goku said:

Just a waste of time. Not my fault you're not able to see or understand the bigger picture.

your bigger picture is only to fuck the limited vanity market just becaus you think

1 hour ago, Goku said:

This isn't vanityMMO. This is PokeMMO.

and most likely becaus you are also salty that your favorite market is no longer the best to make money. the devs allready did a good job to take care of the new shiny being more likely to be consumed but the whole market is just doomed no matther how you look at it. all your solution is to fuck other people/market over becaus you cannot accept the reality.

if you can come up with a solution that doesn't fuck people over then we will be able to take you seriously but until then thing like this 

17 minutes ago, awkways said:

your mentally a 6 year old,

will just keep happening.

First of all, staff already taking measures about decreasing shiny numbers because they can understand what the problem is (shiny breeding) but its not enough and i bet they alrd know it , which u all obviously dont. In simple words if things dont change every shiny will cost just a bunch of mill, when vanities will be still raising and wont be affordable from almost anyone. So is that what u basically want? Also to reply on something that i read above, most people that are trading in the game right now, they are not trading to get just 1 estorm or 1 desu or 1 knight helm or whatsoever they are trading to stock them and remove them from market so they can manipulate the value and profit hard without any risk about this actions. Then ive heard ppl even stocking lilipad hats while they believe its one of the ugliest things in PokeMMO, that is because its marked as limited and they want to safely profit, if it was a random vanity they would never buy it. Conclusion is we dont buy limit vanities to dress ourselfs, we buy limit vanities so we can buy MORE SHINY POKEMONS LATER. end of discussion about that.

Now about how we can achieve to ''limit'' some shinies, i alrd told before that a good way to stop numbers from increasing dramatically is to find ways to stop the flooding of them, like how they did on shiny breeding, but that adresses only to low tier shinies that breed the valuable ones and i wouldnt like to see same actions on rare shinies, like killing a shiny charmander to get a HA. To maintain a solid amount of ''trophy'' shinies without killing their price every day, measures have to be taken, or the undervaluying will have no end. A suggestion that i made is making all starters and gift pokemons rare safari encounters . All i want in this thread is to hear more suggestions on how to make this pokemon game better, not worse. 

Edited by Hyperchaser
1 minute ago, Hyperchaser said:

they are trading to stock them and remove them from market so they can manipulate the value and profit hard without any risk about this actions.

and you wouldnt do the exact same thing if you could?

3 minutes ago, Hyperchaser said:

all i want in this thread is to hear more suggestions on how to make this pokemon game better, not worse.

who do you want to improve the game for?

1 minute ago, Hyperchaser said:

If i wanted to do that exact same thing i would, but i find it wrong.

Improvements are for everyone. 

shiny traders having morals, thats new to me, but i take it.

i do understand that with shiny values dropping nobodies ever gonna be able to purchase those vanities that are overpriced af, but how is everybody having access to their desired shinies due to them being cheap a bad thing for the majority?

5 minutes ago, DrButler said:

shiny traders having morals, thats new to me, but i take it.

i do understand that with shiny values dropping nobodies ever gonna be able to purchase those vanities that are overpriced af, but how is everybody having access to their desired shinies due to them being cheap a bad thing for the majority?

There would be no goals, that means there would be no reason to trade. This gets us back  to why i made this post.

Edited by Hyperchaser
8 minutes ago, Hyperchaser said:

There would be no goals, that means there would be no reason to trade. This gets us back  to why i made this post.

30 minutes ago, Hyperchaser said:

vanities will be still raising and wont be affordable from almost anyone

seems like a fair goal to me also you might be able to add making that shiny a comp one to the list of goal wich will still cost a fair amount.

also i want to point out that some shiny used to sell for unaffordable price for nearly anyone beside shiny traders before so your point there is kinda ruining itself since you want shiny to be more expensive pretty much.

19 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

seems like a fair goal to me also you might be able to add making that shiny a comp one to the list of goal wich will still cost a fair amount.

also i want to point out that some shiny used to sell for unaffordable price for nearly anyone beside shiny traders before so your point there is kinda ruining itself since you want shiny to be more expensive pretty much.

Shinies to be more expensive is not what im looking after, market to get stable and stop the flooding of shinies is.

Edited by Hyperchaser

1 hour ago, Hyperchaser said:

First of all, staff already taking measures about decreasing shiny numbers because they can understand what the problem is (shiny breeding) but its not enough and i bet they alrd know it , which u all obviously dont. In simple words if things dont change every shiny will cost just a bunch of mill, when vanities will be still raising and wont be affordable from almost anyone. So is that what u basically want? Also to reply on something that i read above, most people that are trading in the game right now, they are not trading to get just 1 estorm or 1 desu or 1 knight helm or whatsoever they are trading to stock them and remove them from market so they can manipulate the value and profit hard without any risk about this actions. Then ive heard ppl even stocking lilipad hats while they believe its one of the ugliest things in PokeMMO, that is because its marked as limited and they want to safely profit, if it was a random vanity they would never buy it. Conclusion is we dont buy limit vanities to dress ourselfs, we buy limit vanities so we can buy MORE SHINY POKEMONS LATER. end of discussion about that.

Now about how we can achieve to ''limit'' some shinies, i alrd told before that a good way to stop numbers from increasing dramatically is to find ways to stop the flooding of them, like how they did on shiny breeding, but that adresses only to low tier shinies that breed the valuable ones and i wouldnt like to see same actions on rare shinies, like killing a shiny charmander to get a HA. To maintain a solid amount of ''trophy'' shinies without killing their price every day, measures have to be taken, or the undervaluying will have no end. A suggestion that i made is making all starters and gift pokemons rare safari encounters . All i want in this thread is to hear more suggestions on how to make this pokemon game better, not worse. 

@awkways read the first paragraph. Whether your sorry ass likes it or not the economy shouldn't be revolving around limited vanities like it as atm.

12 minutes ago, Goku said:

@awkways read the first paragraph. Whether your sorry ass likes it or not the economy shouldn't be revolving around limited vanities like it as atm.

4 minutes ago, awkways said:

I'm not the sorry one here begging the devs to change the game to benefit me.

Keep it appropriate.

13 hours ago, Hyperchaser said:

An idea that came up to my mind to help this situation is making all starters and gift pokemons as rare safari encounters. And about limited vanity, to be released some days again each year, this way it would still be limited since u cant buy them at any time u desire but  even new people will be able to get dressed as they want. Ultimate Goals should be shinies and not vanities.

This will not help the shiny market and will cause the vanity market to collapse. I agree with awk.