Shiny Trading? Where?

Hello dear PokeMMO players and Staff

I am making this post because i have some concerns about Shiny Trading and where its heading. We all know that Shiny Trading has been a significant part of this  game and a big percentage of our community is involved in it, some of them more than others and for a good amount of players is the only reason that they log in. As it seems for some reasons players have started to give less attention to Shiny Pokemons although they still like them and want to keep trading and get richer. Νew ways of trading are used that are safer and with bigger amounts of profits with the right handling. It's not a secret! Im talking about Vanities that are marked as Limited. Also as u all have seen, New Shinies are found everyday sometimes even rares or ultra rares alongside the low tier ones and the amount of them has grown a lot after the Unova map release cause of the enormous amount of players that joined and the easier egg hatching. That's something that have scared the people from buying a shiny in case of the drop of its value, and that is a fact. Now, those two things combined, people being scared of buying shinies and finding  a one-way solution the stocking up of limited vanities to get rich has made the Market unbalanced and brought shiny trading to a second or even a third place.  That's not where it stops, it still has a long way down. Measures have to be taken. Shiny trading is a way of playing PokeMMO that has brought fun to many players and should not be erased, cause that's what we like to do! 

*(Here's an example for inexperienced players : Limited items like THE ELECTRIC STORM were released by PokeMMO staff on the Gift Shop for the price of 1k RP. Today to buy a vanity like that u have to pay an amount of 150m while many of the Shiny pokemons have lost even 90% of their value in the same year count)

-- If you agree with me I would like to hear and share ideas on how to make shinies rarer and get them back to first choise on players goals. --

Edited by Hyperchaser

If you think about it a little you will see that this was for sure going to happen one day nearly no matter what, and all this doesn't really have any way to fix it perfectly. Markets change over time you need to be able to adapt to be a good trader, limiting yourself to one market has more chance of you loosing a lot or not being able to do business for a while. Like for example the rp item trader when the Chinese invasion started.

24 minutes ago, Hyperchaser said:

Shiny trading is a way of playing PokeMMO that has brought fun to many players and should not be erased, cause that's what we like to do! 

u can still trade shinys though

what's wrong with shinies at 70m? at least most of the players can afford them now, shinies were inevitably going to drop in price because they are unlimited , and obviously if something is limited the price will rise once it leave the game (like e-storm/labcoat), nothing wrong with that as well, I'm pretty sure they (staff) wouldn't make the shiny rate worse than 1/30k just to make the few shiny traders who bought their shinies for higher than the current price happy

Edited by Foersterr

I didnt give any tips about how to make things better,  like decreasing the chanse of finding a shiny. Im pointing out the facts and i try not to involve my personal opinion. Also i dont believe i have lost anything in terms of value and thats not the reason i made this post. Any opinion is accepted here whatever the outcome may be.

Edited by Hyperchaser
1 hour ago, DaftCoolio said:

u can still trade shinys though

When more are in stake than a few mill. people are getting scared to trade for shinies because they dont see any stable values any more and just go for a ''safe bet'' like cash or limited vanity that will give them profit in time, that makes trading a lot harder and a lot slower. And if u were in the trade scene you would see that most traders are inactive because they dont find any interest. 

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

If you think about it a little you will see that this was for sure going to happen one day nearly no matter what, and all this doesn't really have any way to fix it perfectly. Markets change over time you need to be able to adapt to be a good trader, limiting yourself to one market has more chance of you loosing a lot or not being able to do business for a while. Like for example the rp item trader when the Chinese invasion started.

I believe you are missing my point. Also just stocking limited vanities is also limiting yourself in one market. And in my personal opinion you play pokemon to own pokemon.

Edited by Hyperchaser

Glad someone actually realized the problem. Few words, as a shiny trader for the past years, shiny trade is a fckup. Any shiny trader would have noticed this. It's ridiculous. Even as a player who own vanities I say this is absurd. Vanities worth more than starters btch plz. What is this

Edited by Goku
4 minutes ago, Hyperchaser said:

I believe you are missing my point. Also just stocking limited vanities is also limiting yourself in one market.

Correct me if i am wrong but your point was to make shiny trading more like it used to be with the massive profit on some deal? Also you missed my point a little too. I never said that you should limit yourself to vanity.

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

There is only one market. Vanities. People don't invest in shinies anymore because there is no certainty in it.

59 minutes ago, Goku said:

There is only one market. Vanities. People don't invest in shinies anymore because there is no certainty in it.

One reason why shiny don't sell has much is because those who have it refuse to sell for decent price very often. Who would want to invest money into something that is allready overpriced? There is no money to make out of that.

There is many more markets to make money in yes not has big has what shiny market was but still respectable way to make money. the pokeyen is going through deflation so everyone has to work harder for their money, even traders.

or maybe making shinies limited for each breed could be an option. Like for example there can only be 5 catchable  charmander shinies in the entire game then if you want to catch or breed a shiny charmander of your own you have to have the existing one first then release it then start shiny hunting for the charmander again.

I know 5 is a small number but it would make the shiny a lot more precious. They could limit the number of shinies to the number the people already have . For example say that there are 100 shiny chandelure (including pre-evos)already in the server then the max number of shiny chandelures(including pre-evos) that the server can have is set to 100. that way it wont like take away the hardwork the shiny hunters have put in to catch the pokes. 

however in the case where pple go offline for years with the shiny poke like 3yrs or more the shiny can be auto confiscated and released into the wild.

8 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

One reason why shiny don't sell has much is because those who have it refuse to sell for decent price very often. Who would want to invest money into something that is allready overpriced? There is no money to make out of that.

There is many more markets to make money in yes not has big has what shiny market was but still respectable way to make money. the pokeyen is going through deflation so everyone has to work harder for their money, even traders.

You wanna talk about decent prices lol. Mate if you were here 2014 you'd actually know what shiny trading was and that values was a real thing. Shiny trading today is not shiny trading. 

9 hours ago, SirReezy said:

I thought we was playing pokemon. Why are vanity so rare and expensive in the first place lol. 

An idea that came up to my mind to help this situation is making all starters and gift pokemons as rare safari encounters. And about limited vanity, to be released some days again each year, this way it would still be limited since u cant buy them at any time u desire but  even new people will be able to get dressed as they want. Ultimate Goals should be shinies and not vanities.

1 hour ago, awkways said:

This is already a thing, they're called seasonal vanities.

We are all aware of that, he was simply comparing that to what he was thinking. Like adding the limited ones (not event or seasonal if you misunderstood) in mystery boxes again at a low chance will also be better.

1 minute ago, Goku said:

We are all aware of that, he was simply comparing that to what he was thinking. Like adding the limited ones (not event or seasonal if you misunderstood) in mystery boxes again at a low chance will also be better.

I think you don't understand what limited actually means.

They tried that with Kyu hat and knight helmet but ultimately it amounts to Staff being liars and the players lose faith in the gift shop items they're buying. They SOLD them (for real money) as limited items, advertising them as never to return. Players pay for these because they will never return and mainly only buy them as an investment as a result. This is why they're tagged as limited. The supply is limited and will remain limited.

Ultimately, this thread is just a bunch of people complaining because they don't understand (or don't like) supply and demand.

Limited vanities will continue to rise in value with more players because there is continually more of a demand and competition for the same limited supply. Shinys will continue to fall with more players because they are unlimited and having 10 shiny charmanders being sold at the same time makes more competition to sell for lower prices. If you're just now noticing this then it's your own fault. This is nothing new or surprising. Everyone saw limited vanities rising for years and that's why there's a million flaming skulls on the market, a lot of people invested big.

Both the ideas proposed here are stupid. You can't make certain shinys limited so some players don't lose money. Shinys were never intended to be limited or ever advertised to be limited. You always knew that some randoms can go hunt for 10 mins and get the same exact shiny you spent a year working to buy. That's a risk you signed up for, now deal with it. On the other hand, If you didn't invest in limited vanities (with in-game money or RP or trading or w/e) you knew you were going to lose out on a potentially big investment in the future. That doesn't mean they should be re-added vanities because you want them again without having to fight for the limited supply that is left along with everyone else.

At the end of the day, shiny trading and vanities have nothing to do with each other. They're two separate markets. Just because shinys are falling and you feel salty that vanities aren't doesn't mean that changing the vanity market would somehow magically help shinys hold value. If you returned all the limited vanitys to gift shops tomorrow to stay forever, shinys will continue to fall at the same exact rate. It's just supply and demand affecting 2 separate markets quicker than in the past because there's more players.

36 minutes ago, awkways said:

I think you don't understand what limited actually means.

They tried that with Kyu hat and knight helmet but ultimately it amounts to Staff being liars and the players lose faith in the gift shop items they're buying. They SOLD them (for real money) as limited items, advertising them as never to return. Players pay for these because they will never return and mainly only buy them as an investment as a result. This is why they're tagged as limited. The supply is limited and will remain limited.

Ultimately, this thread is just a bunch of people complaining because they don't understand (or don't like) supply and demand.

Limited vanities will continue to rise in value with more players because there is continually more of a demand and competition for the same limited supply. Shinys will continue to fall with more players because they are unlimited and having 10 shiny charmanders being sold at the same time makes more competition to sell for lower prices. If you're just now noticing this then it's your own fault. This is nothing new or surprising. Everyone saw limited vanities rising for years and that's why there's a million flaming skulls on the market, a lot of people invested big.

Both the ideas proposed here are stupid. You can't make certain shinys limited so some players don't lose money. Shinys were never intended to be limited or ever advertised to be limited. You always knew that some randoms can go hunt for 10 mins and get the same exact shiny you spent a year working to buy. That's a risk you signed up for, now deal with it. On the other hand, If you didn't invest in limited vanities (with in-game money or RP or trading or w/e) you knew you were going to lose out on a potentially big investment in the future. That doesn't mean they should be re-added vanities because you want them again without having to fight for the limited supply that is left along with everyone else.

At the end of the day, shiny trading and vanities have nothing to do with each other. They're two separate markets. Just because shinys are falling and you feel salty that vanities aren't doesn't mean that changing the vanity market would somehow magically help shinys hold value. If you returned all the limited vanitys to gift shops tomorrow to stay forever, shinys will continue to fall at the same exact rate. It's just supply and demand affecting 2 separate markets quicker than in the past because there's more players.

TL;DR

10 hours ago, Goku said:

You wanna talk about decent prices lol. Mate if you were here 2014 you'd actually know what shiny trading was and that values was a real thing. Shiny trading today is not shiny trading. 

feel free to enlight me but i doubt anything you say will be a good argument. my guess would be that you might be refering to the lucky egg for shiny time. but in any case i think akways summed it up perfectly.

1 hour ago, awkways said: