NU Matchmaking

Is there a way to fix this? I spent almost a half hour this weekend trying to find a match in NU and could find a single one. I can’t imagine with the thousands of people that play this game that not 10 other people would want to pvp with their favorite Pokémon in NU. Was it just bad luck? If not is there even a solution to making NU viable

3 hours ago, Spicer1209 said:

Is there a way to fix this? I spent almost a half hour this weekend trying to find a match in NU and could find a single one. I can’t imagine with the thousands of people that play this game that not 10 other people would want to pvp with their favorite Pokémon in NU. Was it just bad luck? If not is there even a solution to making NU viable

your best bet is to join a group of NU enthusiasts, i remember they were organizing weekly tournaments at some point

3 hours ago, Spicer1209 said:

The best suggestion I can give you is get a group of friends who also like NU, and/or post in General Discussion before a certain matchmaking time, and ask people to join the matchmaking with you.

Other than that, I've got nothing. This issue has been brought up several times, but the has never been a solution offered.

18 minutes ago, Suneet said:

This issue has been brought up several times, but the has never been a solution offered.

All people would have to do is join the Q, we dont need a solution offered by devs.

We tried hard to get matches going one day; whispered several people of well known teams and matches actually happened. With psl going on atm, chances of that happening again any time soon are fairly low tho, since people probably wont risk their teams/mons getting scouted.

Edited by DrButler
fix your sig teenus :3
3 hours ago, DrButler said:

All people would have to do is join the Q, we dont need a solution offered by devs.

We tried hard to get matches going one day; whispered several people of well known teams and matches actually happened. With psl going on atm, chances of that happening again any time soon are fairly low tho, since people probably wont risk their teams/mons getting scouted.

We dont need a solution, we need incentives imo.

4 hours ago, Weedle said:

your best bet is to join a group of NU enthusiasts, i remember they were organizing weekly tournaments at some point

I tried to organize previously with some people, but the interest was lost rather quickly by everyone sadly

5 hours ago, razimove said:

We dont need a solution, we need incentives imo.

If you enjoy playing the tier being able to play it should be reason enough to Q up. I see what you mean by saying this, but i dislike that passive wait for someone else to "fix" it attitude. As i said, i think chances are fairly low right now, but once psl is over we should be able to easily fix this on our own.

8 hours ago, DrButler said:

If people legit wont play NU because they are afraid of their teams/mins getting scouted then they are taking his way to seriously and need to chill out imo

4 minutes ago, Spicer1209 said:

If people legit wont play NU because they are afraid of their teams/mins getting scouted then they are taking his way to seriously and need to chill out imo

Yea no, they take this very seriously

4 minutes ago, Minks said:

Yea no, they take this very seriously

It’s crazy to me that that with all the people are that sweaty that they wouldn’t even play NU. The tier system still makes it viable and competitive and you can use so many more of your Pokémon instead of a select 20 that are in OU. Seems to me that it would be more enjoyable as the pool is bigger and you would get more team variation. Instead of just flexing because you only play OU

ive tried to battle NU's with my friends via NU matchmaking but it keep says no suitable match, so i guess that nasty trick thing won't work.

but hey look carefully there are bunch of dope peoples whos bring NU/UU/OU while playing in OU matchmaking, salting, so why dont u try.

"neverused" does not mean it loses of their ability to competitive against better usable tiers.

7 hours ago, DrButler said:

If you enjoy playing the tier being able to play it should be reason enough to Q up. I see what you mean by saying this, but i dislike that passive wait for someone else to "fix" it attitude. As i said, i think chances are fairly low right now, but once psl is over we should be able to easily fix this on our own.

I mean, sure, I didn't meant as it needs a fix, it's more that, there needs to be some sort of incentive to get people to play the ladder, making it seasonal and rewards to top100, something, just something to make it so that people don't lose interest in lower tiers, due to lack of popularity.

20 minutes ago, razimove said:

I mean, sure, I didn't meant as it needs a fix, it's more that, there needs to be some sort of incentive to get people to play the ladder, making it seasonal and rewards to top100, something, just something to make it so that people don't lose interest in lower tiers, due to lack of popularity.

Have you thought about making a team dedicated to NU?

Just now, Weedle said:

Have you thought about making a team dedicated to NU?

You mean, create a separated team? Wouldn't make much sense sadly, as the best players are all spread across the old/famous teams usually and they won't quit just to play a tier. I organized once a couple matches in silph.co I think with GodOfNU or someone else, and a couple people showed up on the first days, after it was deaded. This has to do with the motivation people have to play lower tiers since there's no reward aka bp due to lack of interest.