Easier Chat (Mobile)

Mononoa

Question

Easier Text/Bubble Chat

So obviously for easier purposes, i think you guys should make a less complicated text chat. 

(In game actual text chat outlets)

Example 1

Example 2

Those 2 screenshots show perfect examples why i think we should have a easier chat outlet. 

Reasons: 

The overall text chat is bulky and consumes the entire screen, maybe adding a quick chat option that demos a smaller text bar at the bottom of the screen so that the game itself, is still visible and operable. This would make it way more convenient to be able to communicate, socialize, and still play POKEMMO at the same time, rather than having to open this bulky LOG chat to be able to send public messages on the map. 

Also adding maybe smaller text within the characters chat bubble will make it so that we don't experience this bugged bubble chat. 

The player whisper window option demos the potential of how easy this could be. A smaller bar at the bottom of the screen allowing you to enter messages, while playing publicly would make communication more nostalgic and easier. 

Please do consider this suggestion, as it is a very important role in MMO. Communication is community and community is unity. This is the key to social relation. 

Thank you, 

The Beautiful Mononoa

9 answers to this question

Firstly, I believe both of your images are the same link, just a heads up.

Secondly, something I've done in the past when it came to android apps having their chat take the entire screen is download 3rd party keyboards that have size/shape options that seem to overwrite the app itself. I can't test this because of maintenance but it might be a viable option while you wait for an official answer/change.

Just now, Kole said:

Firstly, I believe both of your images are the same link, just a heads up.

Secondly, something I've done in the past when it came to android apps having their chat take the entire screen is download 3rd party keyboards that have size/shape options that seem to overwrite the app itself. I can't test this because of maintenance but it might be a viable option while you wait for an official answer/change.

Those are 2 seperate links leading to a overall album. 

It's not the keyboard that's the issue, it is the overall chat log in the game. As stated above, a smaller chat bar with any keyboard would made the convenience. -__-"

4 hours ago, Kostch said:

Yes, it's really inconvenient for Android users

It honestly forces me into a anti-social like player because of all the effort required to respond to someone. Rather ignore than and go battle a magikarp than type a response with 3 entering processes to send it.  :/

They appear to be the same link to me /shrug

Ah, so you mean the part of chat you read takes the whole screen too.. that's unfortunate. I imagine it's pretty hard to think of a way to fit the chat without making it tiny, but I'll take a look at it. Maybe an easy fix with a mod, I'll be able to look at it later.

10 minutes ago, Kole said:

They appear to be the same link to me /shrug

Ah, so you mean the part of chat you read takes the whole screen too.. that's unfortunate. I imagine it's pretty hard to think of a way to fit the chat without making it tiny, but I'll take a look at it. Maybe an easy fix with a mod, I'll be able to look at it later.

It's not that the "chat log" being inconsiderantly huge for mobile players that is making it uncomfortable for us, but the fact that considering our screens aren't the size of monitors, which in addition means we can't turn the chat entry box into a separate window. Instead it takes up the entire screen, where as other mobile games have a small Google search like bar, at the bottom of the screen that you can tap and proceeding the keyboard opens only taking up half the screen allowing you to enter your text. A pretty simple tweak/add on if I'd say. 

Edited by Mononoa
Typo
Just now, Mononoa said:

A pretty simple tweak/add on if I'd say. 

Let's hope so. While we're at it, let's add "smart replies" as well, as seen on the android messages app. A few bubbles of common responses one could tap to reply quickly.

n3mAfB2.jpg

Kidding.

4 minutes ago, Kole said:

Let's hope so. While we're at it, let's add "smart replies" as well, as seen on the android messages app. A few bubbles of common responses one could tap to reply quickly.

n3mAfB2.jpg

Kidding.

What ever brightens your day. ^__^