Gift Pokemon

Zantalar

Question

SO I was reading the FAQ and the answer to the gift Pokemon was a half lie, there are quite a few "gift" Pokemon unacquirable "as non gifts" in any way. For example Aeorodactyl, there are no wild locations for him making him impossible to breed in any way. Can we remove the "gift Pokemon can't breed concept please?" or add wild ones into the game, or make the fossil Pokemon not count as gift Pokemon so that we can breed and trade them. This is a massive hole in the FAQ and game in general especially since "gift" Pokemon all have just under average IV's across the board.

Edited by Zantalar
Chat misunderstood the question

5 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Zantalar said:

SO I was reading the FAQ and the answer to the gift Pokemon was a half lie, there are quite a few "gift" Pokemon unacquirable in any way. For example Aeorodactyl, there are no wild locations for him making him impossible to breed in any way. Can we remove the "gift Pokemon can't breed concept please?" or add wild ones into the game, or make the fossil Pokemon not count as gift Pokemon so that we can breed and trade them. This is a massive hole in the FAQ and game in general especially since "gift" Pokemon all have just under average IV's across the board.

Aerodactyl is found as a fossil, which can be brought back to life

23 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Aerodactyl is found as a fossil, which can be brought back to life

This is under the concept of breeding, the only acquirable Aerodactyl is a gift Pokemon which cannot be bread, which is what I'm after. So no non-gift Aerodactyl exists in the game currently.

17 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

The oldamber and other fossils you get from story are gifts and untradeable.But you can find oldamber by catching geodudes in kanto.

Reviving that oldamber you get from geodude will not be gift and you can trade it or breed it.

I'll look into it, thanks for the headsup, it should really be added into the location the FAQ links to

Edited by Zantalar
I misunderstood response
1 minute ago, Zantalar said:

The original Old Amber you obtain during the completion of the storyline is untradeable [gift]. However, you can obtain more Old Ambers afterwards, by farming Geodudes/Gravelers, which are tradeable and breedable

10 minutes ago, Zantalar said:

I'll look into it, thanks for the headsup, it should really be added into the location the FAQ links to

24 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

The oldamber and other fossils you get from story are gifts and untradeable.But you can find oldamber by catching geodudes in kanto.

Reviving that oldamber you get from geodude will not be gift and you can trade it or breed it.

Fossils

(All Pokemon Encounters from Rock Smash)

Old Amber - Graveler , Geodude (Only in Kanto)

Helix Fossil - Graveler , Geodude (Only in Kanto)

Dome Fossil - Graveler , Geodude (Only in Kanto)

Claw Fossil - Graveler , Geodude , Nosepass , Shuckle (Only in Hoenn)

Root Fossil - Graveler , Geodude , Nosepass , Shuckle (Only in Hoenn)

Found it, For some reason the implemented Pokemon guide doesn't show this under Aerodactyl it's under fossil this should be the change that's made maybe a see fossil for more or something cause I read it and thought it was unacquirable otherwise. Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by Zantalar
Incomplete response