Why are healing items so expensive?

Pretty much any time I'm playing through the game I am just incredibly discouraged from ever using a healing item, especially the high tier ones akin to revives, full restores, full heals, etc. I totally get that I'm not really supposed to have 99 of most healing items like main Pokemon, but these prices seem stupid...

As of September 2018:
Market Items:
Full Restore: 9000
Full Heal: 9500 (I assume more Full Restores are farmed to put in the market)
Max Revive: 25000
PP Max: 35000

Storebought Items:
Hyper Potion: 1400
Revive: 3250

I can't help but wonder why prices on healing items are so high, because I don't think there's an inherent balancing issues if they were made more affordable. If I'm doing a gym battle rematch, wanting to revive a fainted Pokemon already takes away half of the net profits for that game. Wanting to heal something with a status condition puts you in the negative for that battle. Don't get me started on using healing items in the main storyline as well: I've found myself pretty much deciding to just take the L in plenty of battles because healing simply just isn't worth it.

I have no idea if the prices/obtainability (I say this due to the market value placed by playing FarmMMO to create healing items) are balanced around Elite 4 rematches, which I have no hopes of doing anytime soon due to lack of money to create a decent comp. But with money being harder to obtain, it just seems stupid to ever even consider using a healing item, and that seems wrong to ignore what is a core Pokemon item.

Edited by Raichu4u
added to end

Just farm Lum Berries or other berries if you want to address status conditions.

PP Max is an item with direct attachments to competitive play, so there's going to be high demand for it.

As for HP-healing/revival items.. it's the portability & utility that you're paying for.

You could just fly back to a Pokemon Center if you're that desperate for healing.

If you're doing Gym Leader rematches, then it's on you for not fully preparing for the fight?

Just look at the full range of possibilities that the leader might have, and build your team to be able to deal with everything while being able to avoid healing or reviving.

44 minutes ago, Marinebeast said:

Just farm Lum Berries or other berries if you want to address status conditions.

PP Max is an item with direct attachments to competitive play, so there's going to be high demand for it.

As for HP-healing/revival items.. it's the portability & utility that you're paying for.

You could just fly back to a Pokemon Center if you're that desperate for healing.

If you're doing Gym Leader rematches, then it's on you for not fully preparing for the fight?

Just look at the full range of possibilities that the leader might have, and build your team to be able to deal with everything while being able to avoid healing or reviving.

It's the mid-battle healing that I'm talking about, that every NPC gets to take advantage of, but that costs the player a ton.

If using an item against a gym leader rematch (That the Gym leader themselves have access to 2 of, Full Restores) cuts whatever profit you would of made against them, the system is wrong.