[PSL X] Week One

PSL10

Don't want to stir shit and don't want to give my opinion on this.

I'll just point out that JJ had about 10 times the forum presence the current 3 hosts combined have now. Though sometimes his calls were questionnable, at least he communicated.

I believe this might play a role in your players' frustration. If there's someplace they answer everything that's being said here disregard my statement. If not, start typing boys.

26 minutes ago, Havsha said:

"- Epicverde and Wiriketchup may have been playing on android, therefore not being able to see nornal chat and whispers.

- some people are stressed during their battles that they do not pay attention to anything said to them fearing it's some kind of taunting or misguiding.

exactly, they may have been stressed, they may not have known better, but they also may have known better, but decided to disregard the rules. in the end they violated the rules - that actually happened and thats what matters.

i do understand where you´re coming from, but either we all play by the same rules or we dont play at all. well, or we actually go with gb suggestion allow coaching.

- people do mistakes, like how you guys messed up the lineup for w2, nobody is perfect."

thats why they are only suspended for one week. they arent impaled afaik.

A yellow card easily escalates into a red and then into a black. I did not come up with this rule. The hosts did. Whether or not the concepts of yellow cards being scrapped is an entirely different

it doesnt have to if you, or in this case, your player follows the rule. i have yet to speak to someone who fears to finish his psl with a black card without doing anything wrong.

I have acknowledged multiple times now that it was my duty to inform Epic of the dnd rule in a clear manner. I failed in achieving that. I am not avoiding responsibilty. I am advocating for the punishment to fit the crime. Perhaps you do not perceive the yellow card as a punishment, but it is the punishment the hosts have lain out at the start of the season. Retroactively changing this rule should not apply to Epic or Wiri

you are advocating for a punishment that you think fits the crime. thats not taking responsibility.

dont get me wrong tho. i dont have anything against anybody involved, but if some people abide the rules and some dont (for whatever reason) this whole event is meaningless. either rules are enforced or we do the gb thing.

Edited by DrButler
5 hours ago, gbwead said:

It's not because you are back in staff that you have to act like a complete moron again. Language barrier is a thing. Don't pretend that you have a slightlest clue what I am saying quand je t'envoie chier sale fdp.

are you saying it's ok to break a rule if you dont know the rules? and its ok because this person who speaks Spanish and not very good English? because ignorance is not a excuse and the rules are in Spanish as many other languages + google translate exist. if you enter the tourney it is on you to read and understand the rules. if you dont that's on you.

From my point of view:

The rules need to be re-written.Technically, the rules don't exactly say he should get a red. Although, with a bit of common sense, it's fairly obvious of the meaning but it doesn't clarify you can be given a second yellow in a single duel for not using dnd when told to do so, only when you disable it which makes it sound like you get given a second for trickery. 

Does he deserve a week ban? Yes, because you're supposed to have dnd on, and the rules state that. Then the dnd was ignored(apparently? if I'm mistaken, then I take this back), I don't know how long for, but if it's not put on when it's pointed out, that should be more than a yellow. That's just common sense and I think the rules are not reflecting that as well as they could.

Edited by KaynineXL
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

It's not because you are back in staff that you have to act like a complete moron again. Language barrier is a thing. Don't pretend that you have a slightlest clue what I am saying quand je t'envoie chier sale fdp.

something rude, :(

28 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

are you saying it's ok to break a rule if you dont know the rules? and its ok because this person who speaks Spanish and not very good English?

I didn't say that. 

28 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

because ignorance is not a excuse and the rules are in Spanish as many other languages + google translate exist. if you enter the tourney it is on you to read and understand the rules. if you dont that's on you.

No one is making excuses. Just don't be a brain dead fool and act like context is irrelevant when deciding what punishment is appropriate.

Edited by gbwead

Now that I have succeeded in making 90% of the MMO community hate me or think I am a rambling mad man let me make one final statement.

[Don't open the spoiler unless you really like reading.] @Blu3Breath @MknsZblex @LKrenz

Spoiler

First off, I will not apologise for my actions, my job is not to make the hosts job easier or to make friends with the other managers, it is to make sure my team has the best opportunity available to them. On that thought let me begin to outline my thoughts:

The hosts recent decision to give EpicVerde a red card is a decision that has more implications and significance than a mere one week ban, it is a decision that severely damages both my team and in my eyes the integrity of PSL. I am not attempting to absolve Epic of guilt, by not turning on the /dnd he violated the rules that have been lain out: Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card, if you receive an additional yellow card you shall receive a red card which suspends you from playing for a week. In a scenario where you fail to follow the rules a third time and receive a third yellow card you will be given a black card (a black card bans you for the season). If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards.

There should be no controversy in regard to the violation of this rule. However, as stipulated by the rule. This crime warrants a yellow card. However, based on unexplained reasons the hosts chose to give him two yellow cards. The hosts have failed to provide an adequate explanation for their decision. As a consequence of this Epic has lost faith in the capabilities of the hosts as decided to turn his back the PSL event.

It has been speculated that the punishment of 2 yellow card is in reference to the final extract of the rule. “If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cardsHowever, if this is the case, and the hosts intentional chose to ignore the clearly stated (and clearly applicable) terms of the rules’ first clause “Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card,” for the ambiguously applicable terms of the last. This intentional choice of the ambiguous over the apparent leaves more questions in my mind than answers, and without any comment from the hosts, I am only capable of making speculations for what motivated their reasons. After some deliberation it would be logical to assume either pride or bias governed their decision. This would leave the PSL with much of the same problems of the previous seasons.

Many people have argued that it was Epic’s intentions that raised the punishment from a single yellow card, to a second. The basis of this argument revolves around the fact that he had been told during the match to turn /dnd mode on but failed to immediately comply. To this argument I would raise the following rebuttals:

1.     Epic has been incredibly busy with university in recent times, and had entered into a very stressful and high-pressure match that determined whether or not we would drew or lost that week. As a consequence of this he may have chosen to ignore all whispers and messages in normal chat in order to pay his full attention on the game in front of him. In such a situation it can be easily understood how one could forget or overlook a new rule that has only really been expressly written in a foreign language.

2.     Epic may have opted to ignore chat completely in fear of hecklers and misinformation. Let’s face it, the MMO community is full of these people, it is not farfetched to imagine a player like epic, in such a stressful situation would choose to ignore chat completely and focus his entire attention to winning such a pivotal game.

3.     Epic may have been using his phone, in this circumstance it can be appreciated that he would not be looking at chat, he would not have seen the whispers and reminders until much later.

4.     Epic did eventually turn /dnd mode on once he learned of his mistake. This was verified by a host. This belated attempt to remedy his error shows that he did not have the intentional mindset of violating the PSL rules, but rather acted out of ignorance. The reasoning behind such a delayed response may be any one or combination of the reasons above.

At the end of the day, people are assuming Epic acted with intention when he failed to turn /dnd on. However, they assumptions are not founded on any concrete evidence. The people who made these assumptions already pegged Epic as guilty before undergoing any type of inquiry or insight.

Moisessss too failed to have /dnd mode activated at the start of the duel, however he was able to resolve this at a faster pace than Epic was able. Moisessss only received a yellow card. Both players violated the same rule. Yet, Epic received a worse punishment based on his potentially unintentional delay. This tells me two things. Either the hosts are using are unequally applying the rules to the players, or the hosts are using an unwritten rule as their basis for the punishments. Both scenarios are problematic, as either bias has influenced the hosts, or the players are being held accountable to rules they are not privy to.

Finally, it can be argued that the hosts have retroactively added a rule to fit the scenario surrounding Epic and Wiri. In this case the two players are being held accountable to rules that did not exist prior to their games. This would be an unreasonable thing for the hosts to do, and furthermore, it would be unreasonable to punish both players in accordance to this retroactively added rule.

Ultimately, the main issues with the host’s decisions is that:

1.     It violates the rules lain out by the PSL Rule thread, namely: “Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card

2.     They have failed to provide the community with the reasoning or transparency behind their judgements

3.     It assumes Epic’s state of mind at the time of the violation.

4.     It is holding different players to different standards, an issue that may point towards bias.

5.     The decision may be based on retroactive manipulation of the rules, which has obvious problems.

I’ll conclude by imploring the hosts to not make the same mistakes hosts of previous PSLs have made and not let bias, or pride blind you from making and modifying your decisions. I encourage you not to continue down this path of obscurity and become more transparent with your discussions and reasons.

Alright, I'll shut up now, until the next bad decision at least :]

2 hours ago, Havsha said:

Now that I have succeeded in making 90% of the MMO community hate me or think I am a rambling mad man let me make one final statement.

[Don't open the spoiler unless you really like reading.] @Blu3Breath @MknsZblex @LKrenz

Reveal hidden contents

First off, I will not apologise for my actions, my job is not to make the hosts job easier or to make friends with the other managers, it is to make sure my team has the best opportunity available to them. On that thought let me begin to outline my thoughts:

The hosts recent decision to give EpicVerde a red card is a decision that has more implications and significance than a mere one week ban, it is a decision that severely damages both my team and in my eyes the integrity of PSL. I am not attempting to absolve Epic of guilt, by not turning on the /dnd he violated the rules that have been lain out: Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card, if you receive an additional yellow card you shall receive a red card which suspends you from playing for a week. In a scenario where you fail to follow the rules a third time and receive a third yellow card you will be given a black card (a black card bans you for the season). If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards.

There should be no controversy in regard to the violation of this rule. However, as stipulated by the rule. This crime warrants a yellow card. However, based on unexplained reasons the hosts chose to give him two yellow cards. The hosts have failed to provide an adequate explanation for their decision. As a consequence of this Epic has lost faith in the capabilities of the hosts as decided to turn his back the PSL event.

It has been speculated that the punishment of 2 yellow card is in reference to the final extract of the rule. “If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cardsHowever, if this is the case, and the hosts intentional chose to ignore the clearly stated (and clearly applicable) terms of the rules’ first clause “Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card,” for the ambiguously applicable terms of the last. This intentional choice of the ambiguous over the apparent leaves more questions in my mind than answers, and without any comment from the hosts, I am only capable of making speculations for what motivated their reasons. After some deliberation it would be logical to assume either pride or bias governed their decision. This would leave the PSL with much of the same problems of the previous seasons.

Many people have argued that it was Epic’s intentions that raised the punishment from a single yellow card, to a second. The basis of this argument revolves around the fact that he had been told during the match to turn /dnd mode on but failed to immediately comply. To this argument I would raise the following rebuttals:

1.     Epic has been incredibly busy with university in recent times, and had entered into a very stressful and high-pressure match that determined whether or not we would drew or lost that week. As a consequence of this he may have chosen to ignore all whispers and messages in normal chat in order to pay his full attention on the game in front of him. In such a situation it can be easily understood how one could forget or overlook a new rule that has only really been expressly written in a foreign language.

2.     Epic may have opted to ignore chat completely in fear of hecklers and misinformation. Let’s face it, the MMO community is full of these people, it is not farfetched to imagine a player like epic, in such a stressful situation would choose to ignore chat completely and focus his entire attention to winning such a pivotal game.

3.     Epic may have been using his phone, in this circumstance it can be appreciated that he would not be looking at chat, he would not have seen the whispers and reminders until much later.

4.     Epic did eventually turn /dnd mode on once he learned of his mistake. This was verified by a host. This belated attempt to remedy his error shows that he did not have the intentional mindset of violating the PSL rules, but rather acted out of ignorance. The reasoning behind such a delayed response may be any one or combination of the reasons above.

At the end of the day, people are assuming Epic acted with intention when he failed to turn /dnd on. However, they assumptions are not founded on any concrete evidence. The people who made these assumptions already pegged Epic as guilty before undergoing any type of inquiry or insight.

Moisessss too failed to have /dnd mode activated at the start of the duel, however he was able to resolve this at a faster pace than Epic was able. Moisessss only received a yellow card. Both players violated the same rule. Yet, Epic received a worse punishment based on his potentially unintentional delay. This tells me two things. Either the hosts are using are unequally applying the rules to the players, or the hosts are using an unwritten rule as their basis for the punishments. Both scenarios are problematic, as either bias has influenced the hosts, or the players are being held accountable to rules they are not privy to.

Finally, it can be argued that the hosts have retroactively added a rule to fit the scenario surrounding Epic and Wiri. In this case the two players are being held accountable to rules that did not exist prior to their games. This would be an unreasonable thing for the hosts to do, and furthermore, it would be unreasonable to punish both players in accordance to this retroactively added rule.

Ultimately, the main issues with the host’s decisions is that:

1.     It violates the rules lain out by the PSL Rule thread, namely: “Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card

2.     They have failed to provide the community with the reasoning or transparency behind their judgements

3.     It assumes Epic’s state of mind at the time of the violation.

4.     It is holding different players to different standards, an issue that may point towards bias.

5.     The decision may be based on retroactive manipulation of the rules, which has obvious problems.

I’ll conclude by imploring the hosts to not make the same mistakes hosts of previous PSLs have made and not let bias, or pride blind you from making and modifying your decisions. I encourage you not to continue down this path of obscurity and become more transparent with your discussions and reasons.

Alright, I'll shut up now, until the next bad decision at least :]

What if we already hated u??

On 10/1/2018 at 11:01 AM, EpicVerde said:

Wiri sent me the request and I accepted, but in the battle, the game did not allow me to apply the dnd

Not to reignite the flame but I think that whole section about Epic not paying attention to chat can be proven otherwise by his comment in this thread. Somebody also mentioned he typed ./dnd in normal chat. If anything I would be questioning if he knew how to activate dnd in the first place