[PSL X] Week One

PSL10

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

don't bother with money like that, 500k doesn't even convince me to log in

Stop trying to save your pride by pretending that 1.5m is not enough for you. I don't care if you and lotus battle, but this all bark and no bite is just cringe worthy

Just now, Havsha said:

Stop trying to save your pride by pretending that 1.5m is not enough for you. I don't care if you and lotus battle, but this all bark and no bite is just cringe worthy

This isn't about my pride or w/e, if he's so confident about taking me in salty suite (this will be my fourth I believe and I won all the previous ones- just for you to know that I do not back off) then I want him to put his money where his mouth is.

2 minutes ago, RLotus said:

i can do 5, don’t got cash like you bbg

If that's the best you can do, we can roll with that

3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

This isn't about my pride or w/e, if he's so confident about taking me in salty suite (this will be my fourth I believe and I won all the previous ones- just for you to know that I do not back off) then I want him to put his money where his mouth is.

If that's the best you can do, we can roll with that

cool it’ll have to be after my psl match this weekend if that’s ok with you

Just now, RLotus said:

cool it’ll have to be after my psl match this weekend if that’s ok with you

I'm working 12h shifts this weekend, I'll make a topic later on for salty suites and we will discuss it there, I do not want to spam this thread any further

Lol forfi, I've always seen you as one of the most respected players in my eyes, but the fact that you are willing to go ham against your own uu player just so you look right in the argument is just sad. However in our case, it's a little bit different, because we are not that selfish and we do want epic to keep playing. Giving epic a red card instead a yellow one when everyone saw that after he was being told to write "./dnd" he quickly after actually wrote "./dnd" and thought it works lol. You really can't blame him for that. Look @Blu3Breath, I know Verde did something wrong, but the facts say that it wasn't intentional and he did try to fix it when he realized he's doing something wrong.

1 minute ago, SweeTforU said:

Lol forfi, I've always seen you as one of the most respected players in my eyes, but the fact that you are willing to go ham against your own uu player just so you look right in the argument is just sad. However in our case, it's a little bit different, because we are not that selfish and we do want epic to keep playing. Giving epic a red card instead a yellow one when everyone saw that after he was being told to write "./dnd" he quickly after actually wrote "./dnd" and thought it works lol. You really can't blame him for that. Look @Blu3Breath, I know Verde did something wrong, but the facts say that it wasn't intentional and he did try to fix it when he realized he's doing something wrong.

Sweety, I always was and always will be a guy who is all about competitive spirit and this is why I do not want to defend my player in these circumstances: he broke the rule and we (as, my team) will get punished for that. Happens- he will know what to do in future. I'm not the only person who considers the red card in these circumstances a fair punishment. The rules were broken and I interpretated them just like most people (including hosts), for me it's written black on white. I took the decision and punishment and I will live with it, I'll switch my lineup and Wiri will get to play another week.

If it would be up to me, the punishments would be much harsher.

smh people so obsessed about coaching.

1- If someone wants to be coached, discord voice chat is the best way.

2- if you need to rely on coaching to win, you must really suck and i wonder why you were drafted.

3- Epicverde and Wiriketchup may have been playing on android, therefore not being able to see nornal chat and whispers.

4- some people are stressed during their battles that they do not pay attention to anything said to them fearing it's some kind of taunting or misguiding.

5- people do mistakes, like how you guys messed up the lineup for w2, nobody is perfect.

6-now the more important point, if the mere idea behind this rule is really to prevent coaching, ( although it doesn't at all, it's actually a joke to me but whatever ), please ask a moderator such as @RacheLucario to investigate on whether any of them received any kind of help from anyone, if both are clear, please keep it as 1 tellow card.

pride pride pride

@MknsZblex @LKrenz @xXBlu3BreathXx all 3 of you know your rule is shit, doesn't prevent anything, and its punishment is actually way too big regarding what not respecting the rule brings to someone : nothing because discord coaching exists. On top of that, not respecting this rule is often due to forgetting it (or in this case, since you asked to /dnd, language barrier). I don't have the slightest interest in unbanning those guys as they are my opponents, but you're turning PSL into complete garbage if you can't realize when you make good things and when you create absolute trash from nothing, like that rule.

If you want to ban people because you can, you don't deserve any of the power you received when the community trusted you and handled you the torch to relive the PSL we all like.

Open your eyes, put yourself in the place of managers, players, or anyone else having to witness this non sense rule of yours and cross it instantly off the obvious rules list we gotta respect for this event to live longer and perpetuating itself.

What you're fighting for here is worthless and you'll only manage to lose credibility for PSL instead of the respect towards the rules you're trying to earn.

Be good hosts.

Edited by Kamimiii

Especially that DnD rule is quite new, I wouldn't even argue if this rule was already used in the previous psl, but some people like wiriketchup didn't have the slightest clue about it, so banning them for a week is just too harsh.

If I was a host, I'd do what any logical person would do, give them a warning and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Let's say that now that everyone knows, if this occurs again, I'm for a week ban, but don't let people quit PSL just because of something as insignificant as this. What is more important ? the hosts pride, or the continuity and the hype of PSL ?

Please give it a thought.

this is the same bs that happend some seasons ago. a guy was caught coaching, but he was let off with a warning because the so called "language barrier" was too much of a influence.

the  dnd rule is clear, and how the hosts interpret it is up to them. its unfortunate, but a strict punishment will make sure that this wont happen again

8 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

the  dnd rule is clear, and how the hosts interpret it is up to them. its unfortunate, but a strict punishment will make sure that this wont happen again

boi that aint even strict. cant play until/unless you donate 10mil to psl and then you have to wait 30 more games and do 1000 pull ups on camera. you are allowed to do the pull ups in multiple days but the 30 game ban starts when you finish not begin so get wrecked or get swoll.

1 hour ago, Kamimiii said:

I agree with Bilburt, arguing about the rule being new is pointless, everyone should have aknowledged it already. The big problem resides in the rule being completly useless and its punishment, at least 100 times too harsch, BECAUSE the rule is useless.

well congrats then, you signed up for a psl with a stupid set of rules, but instead of complaing about it beforehand you do it when the rule is enforced.

1 hour ago, Kamimiii said:

Be good hosts. 

what a good host would do is to enforce the rules he defined himself, so not punishing these two would make em bad hosts actually.

1 hour ago, Lazaaro said:

Let's say that now that everyone knows, if this occurs again, I'm for a week ban, but don't let people quit PSL just because of something as insignificant as this. What is more important ? the hosts pride, or the continuity and the hype of PSL ?

epic threatens to quit the season, he wouldnt have to. him acting like a 6yo doesnt have anything to do with hosts being unable to "swallow their pride". in fact, the coaching incident last season caused a shitstorm. people asked for new rules and they knew it would be impossible to completely shut down coaching, yet the rules they asked for are bad rules now, cause "their punishment is too harsh". and when people that are supposed to enforce those rules wanna do that, they are "biased" and unable to swallow their pride.

lets make harsher rules, but when they hurt ourselves lets just fight em. its a fkn joke.

Edited by DrButler
37 minutes ago, DrButler said:

well congrats then, you signed up for a psl with a stupid set of rules, but instead of complaing about it beforehand you do it when the rule is enforced.

The rules state Yellow card, not red card.

what a good host would do is to enforce the rules he defined himself, so not punishing these two would make em bad hosts actually.

No one is advocating for no punishment, the punishment they are due is a yellow card not a red card. Much of the objections against the hosts are a lack of transparency, even more clearly evident through their inability to answer my questions.

epic threatens to quit the season, he wouldnt have to

Epic behaviour in response to the decision is not on trial

in fact, the coaching incident last season caused a shitstorm. people asked for new rules and they knew it would be impossible to completely shut down coaching, yet the rules they asked for are bad rules now, cause "their punishment is too harsh".

Justice does not mean to chop off the head at a miss demeanour. Furthermore, the punishment stated in the rule states a Yellow Card, not a Red Card.

they are "biased" and unable to swallow their pride.

Until the hosts provide us with an adequate explanation I have no reason not to assume their decision was based off bias and now theyre unable to swallow their pride in the face of community backlash

Edited by Havsha
1 hour ago, Bilburt said:

this is the same bs that happend some seasons ago. a guy was caught coaching, but he was let off with a warning because the so called "language barrier" was too much of a influence

It's not because you are back in staff that you have to act like a complete moron again. Language barrier is a thing. Don't pretend that you have a slightlest clue what I am saying quand je t'envoie chier sale fdp.

1 hour ago, suigin said:

it doesn't really help that they just pm you "dnd" I thought Blue was asking me to play Dungeons and Dragons when he pmed me the first time. The message should be something more specific like "Reminder that you have to type /dnd during the first 30 seconds of the match or you'll get punished".

I pm'd them both in spanish and I was quite specific.

"Bro mandan a decir los organizadores que pongas /DND o te penalizarán"

1 minute ago, FNTCZ said:

I pm'd them both in spanish and I was quite specific.

"Bro mandan a decir los organizadores que pongas /DND o te penalizarán"

As Laz has illustrated, there are a multitude of factors that could suggest a difficulty in seeing your message. Part of me believes that people are being caught up on whether or not they were actually informed clearly enough. I have already taken responsibility for not informing Epic of the rule clearly enough. The issue of their punishment is not that they did nothing wrong. It is that the punishment dished out is not in accordance with the rules.

16 minutes ago, Havsha said:

As Laz has illustrated, there are a multitude of factors that could suggest a difficulty in seeing your message. Part of me believes that people are being caught up on whether or not they were actually informed clearly enough. I have already taken responsibility for not informing Epic of the rule clearly enough. The issue of their punishment is not that they did nothing wrong. It is that the punishment dished out is not in accordance with the rules.

I was just clarifying that language barrier wasnt one of those "possible factors", at least in this specific case.

regarding everything else I think the keyword as somebody else mentioned is "Intent". Personally I dont wanna partake on this discussion and I do believe an official statement will be made by the hosts once a final decision on the matter has been taken so I wouldnt worry much about that, we will all get our explanations.

Edited by FNTCZ
33 minutes ago, Havsha said:

The rules state Yellow card, not red card.

it has been quoted several times: if a player disables dnd throughout the match the prize is two yellows and i dont see any effective difference between being told to enable it several times yet not doing so and disabling it at some point of the match. if he enabled it at some point and was able to prove it i think yellow would be fine, but enabling it what could have been 10sec before it ended is no reason to go with yellow, when yellow punishes a lack of knowledge or absentmindness, while reds for knowingly disregarding the rule, which he did.

No one is advocating for no punishment, the punishment they are due is a yellow card not a red card. Much of the objections against the hosts are a lack of transparency, even more clearly evident through their inability to answer my questions.

well, what you are asking for is basically no punishment compared to what the rules say.

Epic behaviour in response to the decision is not on trial

never said that. stating it as an "argument" for hosts to enforce a certain punishment, cause itd "ruin" this season is questionable, thats what i was saying.

Justice does not mean to chop off the head at a miss demeanour. Furthermore, the punishment stated in the rule states a Yellow Card, not a Red Card.

you smh keep ignoring the fact that he willingly kept dnd off, thats one step further than not enabling it to begin with. that yellow card stuff doesnt apply here. and if we dont punish people for their miss demeanors then we wont have justice at all.

Until the hosts provide us with an adequate explanation I have no reason not to assume their decision was based off bias and now theyre unable to swallow their pride in the face of community backlash

9 hours ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

-Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card, if you receive an additional yellow card you shall receive a red card which suspends you from playing for a week. In a scenario where you fail to follow the rules a third time and receive a third yellow card you will be given a black card (a black card bans you for the season). If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards.

Not having /dnd on is the same as having it disabled, do you really think a suitable punishment for somebody who refuses to listen to a host should be let off without a proper punishment? I gave both players a warning before the timer was up, yes I understand there is a language barrier (though I refuse to believe typing /dnd then enter would be difficult when I provided instructions to both) but this was easily avoided if they had been informed by their teammate/manager prior to the battle starting.

18 minutes ago, Havsha said:

I have already taken responsibility for not informing Epic of the rule clearly enough.

no you didnt and you still try to avoid taking responsibility.

Edited by DrButler
1 minute ago, DrButler said:

it has been quoted several times: if a player disables dnd throughout the match the prize is two yellows and i dont see any effective difference between being told to enable it several times and disabling it throughout the match. if he enabled it at some point and was able to prove it i think yellow would be fine, but enabling it what could have been 10sec before it ended is no reason to go with yellow, when yellow punishes a lack of knowledge or absentmindness, while reds for knowingly disregarding the rule, which he did.

Disabled =/= not turning on at the start of the duel. Disabling shows an intent while not turning off shows ignorance. In a high pressure situation that both players were in, it is not unreasonable to see why they may not be thinking of the new dnd rule or paying attention to whispers or normal chat. as Laz stated:

"- Epicverde and Wiriketchup may have been playing on android, therefore not being able to see nornal chat and whispers.

- some people are stressed during their battles that they do not pay attention to anything said to them fearing it's some kind of taunting or misguiding.

- people do mistakes, like how you guys messed up the lineup for w2, nobody is perfect."

This was the first week of PSL with the new rules. It was a match that determined if we drew or lost, and Epic has been incredibly busy with university. This clearly are indications of his mindset being one of stress. Furthermore, his attempt to rectify the issue by going dnd later during the duel testifies to this fact. I will not go as far as to say its sufficient, but it shows that his actions were made out of ignorance and not intentional violation.

8 minutes ago, DrButler said:

well, what you are asking for is basically no punishment compared to what the rules say.

A yellow card easily escalates into a red and then into a black. I did not come up with this rule. The hosts did. Whether or not the concepts of yellow cards being scrapped is an entirely different

9 minutes ago, DrButler said:

you smh keep ignoring the fact that he willingly kept dnd off, thats one step further than not enabling it to begin with. that yellow card stuff doesnt apply here. and if we dont punish people for their miss demeanors then we wont have justice at all.

You once again are making assumption of his intent that you are not privy to. The yellow card directly applies almost word for word with what his situation entails. It is reasonable then to use the punishment that the PSL Rules have lain out for this circumstance. That punishment is a yellow card. Once again the effectiveness of yellow cards is an entirely separate discussion

11 minutes ago, DrButler said:

no you didnt and you still try to avoid taking responsibility.

I have acknowledged multiple times now that it was my duty to inform Epic of the dnd rule in a clear manner. I failed in achieving that. I am not avoiding responsibilty. I am advocating for the punishment to fit the crime. Perhaps you do not perceive the yellow card as a punishment, but it is the punishment the hosts have lain out at the start of the season. Retroactively changing this rule should not apply to Epic or Wiri