[PSL X] Week One

PSL10

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

If this will result in a yellow card I should really tell one of my UUs to blatantly stay away from dnd so I can coach the shit out of him for a funny yellow card

The rules state yellow card, giving epic a red card at retroactively changing the rules and punishing epic and wiri based on a punishment that does not fit the crime at the time of the offense. In spite of my numerous inquiry the hosts have yet to provide me an adequate explanation for their decision, as a consequence I am forced to reach my own conclusion of bias, overstated sense of pride, and unjustified rash decisions made in the heat of the moment without following either reason or the very rules they have made. If your or anyone thinks this decision is any better than last season you are wrong, this too is a violation of the psl rules and has placed my team(and your team) at a big disadvantage. @MknsZblex @Blu3Breath @LKrenz either provide us with an adequate explanation for the decision, one based on rules that existed prior to the match and that are clear stated and unbias, or else I implore you to not let pride blind you and change your decision

9 minutes ago, RLotus said:

um am i missing something because this adds nothing to your point

Do I seriously need to explain? Really?

6 minutes ago, Havsha said:

The rules state yellow card, giving epic a red card at retroactively changing the rules and punishing epic and wiri based on a punishment that does not fit the crime at the time of the offense. In spite of my numerous inquiry the hosts have yet to provide me an adequate explanation for their decision, as a consequence I am forced to reach my own conclusion of bias, overstated sense of pride, and unjustified rash decisions made in the heat of the moment without following either reason or the very rules they have made. If your or anyone thinks this decision is any better than last season you are wrong, this too is a violation of the psl rules and has placed my team(and your team) at a big disadvantage. @MknsZblex @Blu3Breath @LKrenz either provide us with an adequate explanation for the decision, one based on rules that existed prior to the match and that are clear stated and unbias, or else I implore you to not let pride blind you and change your decision

The offense they did is between the rule you quoted and this one:
" If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards. "

From my perspective, not being in DND for almost entire match despite being told about it multiple times is even worse than actually disabling the command itself. I admire how hard you fight to avoid this ban, though

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

The offense they did is between the rule you quoted and this one:
" If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards. "

From my perspective, not being in DND for almost entire match despite being told about it multiple times is even worse than actually disabling the command itself. I admire how hard you fight to avoid this ban, though

If the entire match is the basis of the red card it should have been stipulated in the rules prior to the first week, the hosts mistake should not be our disadvantage

14 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

So you think just because dnd is off people aren’t going to cheat? Its extremely easy to use discord or something else to coach, so having dnd off in no way suggests that the players are being coached. Still, they should have followed the rule, yes. But how are you going to suspend players when you have no proof or even suggestion that they were cheating? Why wouldn’t a simple yellow card do as the rules state?

Also, i don’t think dnd being disabled the whole match or a large portion of it  is as bad as disabling dnd. Disabling dnd in the middle of the match implies intention behind disabling, while never going dnd could be a simple mistake.

Edited by RLotus
15 minutes ago, Havsha said:

If the entire match is the basis of the red card it should have been stipulated in the rules prior to the first week, the hosts mistake should not be our disadvantage

it is stipulated, forf literally just pointed it out. "If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards.", i wasn't there but if people did in fact tell them to go into dnd and they chose to ignore them, a red card seems justified.  

Just now, DaftCoolio said:

it is stipulated, forf literally just pointed it out. "If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards.", i wasn't there but if people did in fact tell them to go into dnd and they chose to ignore them, a red card seems justified.  

well there’s the fact that they didn’t disable dnd

1 minute ago, DaftCoolio said:

That rule is irrelevant since neither Epic nor Wiri disabled /dnd during the duel, the purpose of this rule having a harsher punishment is because by intentionally disabling /dnd during the duel (after the intial check) your are intentionally violating the rules for one can only be assumed to be coaching. However, I believe it can only be assumed that this is not the case here. Epic and wiri did not try "trick the system" they merely did not know they had to go dnd and got caught up in the high pressure stake of the duel. It should be noted that Epic did comply with going dnd, granted just later than desired. Due to the circumstances of his high pressure battle, language barriers and spam in chats its reasonable that he overlooked/too busy to immediately read it. He was already too busy reading Wiris plays to read chat.

21 minutes ago, RLotus said:

So you think just because dnd is off people aren’t going to cheat? Its extremely easy to use discord or something else to coach, so having dnd off in no way suggests that the players are being coached. Still, they should have followed the rule, yes. But how are you going to suspend players when you have no proof or even suggestion that they were cheating? Why wouldn’t a simple yellow card do as the rules state?

Also, i don’t think dnd being disabled the whole match or a large portion of it  is as bad as disabling dnd. Disabling dnd in the middle of the match implies intention behind disabling, while never going dnd could be a simple mistake.

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

the word "blatant" is the keyword

A lot of people play on phones (I know at least 5 people myself who did this week). Switching between chat to see the messages and switching between PokeMMO and Discord on phone is a huge difference, therefore I used the "blatant" word. Coaching through Discord is more effort too. I have no doubts that EpicVerde would never allow himself to get coached as he's too good of a player, but if you guys are so bound to the rules, then I'll quote it again:

Just stop raging about it and move on

29 minutes ago, Havsha said:

-Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card, if you receive an additional yellow card you shall receive a red card which suspends you from playing for a week. In a scenario where you fail to follow the rules a third time and receive a third yellow card you will be given a black card (a black card bans you for the season). If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards.

Not having /dnd on is the same as having it disabled, do you really think a suitable punishment for somebody who refuses to listen to a host should be let off without a proper punishment? I gave both players a warning before the timer was up, yes I understand there is a language barrier (though I refuse to believe typing /dnd then enter would be difficult when I provided instructions to both) but this was easily avoided if they had been informed by their teammate/manager prior to the battle starting.

Just now, Havsha said:

That rule is irrelevant since neither Epic nor Wiri disabled /dnd during the duel, the purpose of this rule having a harsher punishment is because by intentionally disabling /dnd during the duel (after the intial check) your are intentionally violating the rules for one can only be assumed to be coaching. However, I believe it can only be assumed that this is not the case here. Epic and wiri did not try "trick the system" they merely did not know they had to go dnd and got caught up in the high pressure stake of the duel. It should be noted that Epic did comply with going dnd, granted just later than desired. Due to the circumstances of his high pressure battle, language barriers and spam in chats its reasonable that he overlooked/too busy to immediately read it. He was already too busy reading Wiris plays to read chat.

Whilst that is the main goal of the rule, deciding to not have /dnd on (despite being told to so) also violates the rule. It is not our fault when a player doesn't understand, especially when they can play the victim card to try and get away scot-free for breaking a rule. I have respect for you for trying to help out your player but we cannot let it slide.

5 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

A lot of people play on phones (I know at least 5 people myself who did this week). Switching between chat to see the messages and switching between PokeMMO and Discord on phone is a huge difference, therefore I used the "blatant" word. Coaching through Discord is more effort too. I have no doubts that EpicVerde would never allow himself to get coached as he's too good of a player, but if you guys are so bound to the rules, then I'll quote it again:

Still, you really can’t come to the conclusion that someone is being coached based on the possibility of them playing on mobile.

7 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards. "

Again, this is something they didn’t do. Idk what’s so hard to understand about this.

3 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card, if you receive an additional yellow card you shall receive a red card which suspends you from playing for a week. In a scenario

This is fair, based on this rule Epic and Wiri should currently receive a single yellow card, if they violate the rule again, they shall be liable to receive a red card.

5 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

Not having /dnd on is the same as having it disabled, do you really think a suitable punishment for somebody who refuses to listen to a host should be let off without a proper punishment? I gave both players a warning before the timer was up, yes I understand there is a language barrier (though I refuse to believe typing /dnd then enter would be difficult when I provided instructions to both) but this was easily avoided if they had been informed by their teammate/manager prior to the battle starting.

No it is not the same thing, as I have argued disabling shows an intention to coach, all epic and wiri are guilt of in this regards is being blinded by the high pressure battle, they may have even had chat temporarily off so they can focus. Yellow cards are proper punishments as laid out by the rules you as a host have made. And as you have acknowledged Epic did eventually follow the dnd rule when he realised that were the rules. The fault lies with me then not epic, yellow card seems the only reasonable course of action

7 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

Whilst that is the main goal of the rule, deciding to not have /dnd on (despite being told to so) also violates the rule. It is not our fault when a player doesn't understand, especially when they can play the victim card to try and get away scot-free for breaking a rule.

They would be punished based on the correct rules of psl, a yellow card, they would not be going scot-free. You do not punish a thief with the punishment of a murderer.

9 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

. I have respect for you for trying to help out your player but we cannot let it slide.

No need to try cosy up to me, my feelings are irreleant, I just want justice for my players

5 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

Dnd (/dnd) must be enabled within 30 seconds after the match has started (however, both players are able to go into dnd before the match starts, it would be wise to do this). If you fail to do so you will receive a yellow card

6 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

If you decide to disable /dnd during a duel then you will automatically receive two yellow cards.

if these two things do indeed mean the same thing then why are there 2 separate punishments for it.

8 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

do you really think a suitable punishment for somebody who refuses to listen to a host should be let off without a proper punishment

Why is such a harsh punishment a proper punishment for a simple mistake that can barely be correlated to actual cheating.

Just now, RysPicz said:

lmao just move on

No, every single week is important, if we allow a unjust and wrong decision to pass here, we are effectively shooting ourselves in the foot.

If the hosts violate their own rules in the name of "justice" they are not better than JJ, the rules have been stated, they should be followed. Epic and Wiri failled to do so, they should be punished based on the terms of the rules, which is a yellow card. To increase this punishment just tells me the hosts are intentionally changing the rules to place myself and my team at a disadvantage