[MOD] HD Battle Sprites

• 2 weeks later...

so i use linux to play PokeMMO but when i download this then open it in my PokeMMO app it Lags and then freezes and when done with that i have to either close my PokeMMO app or power my computer off and then i click on my PokeMMO app and it wont open after it all happens is there someway you can fix this problem im really really looking forward to this it looks very cool ! thakyou for reading!

Hace 1 hora, Tytan21sv ella dijo:

así que uso linux para jugar PokeMMO pero cuando descargo esto luego abrirlo en mi aplicación PokeMMO se queda y luego se congela y cuando se hace con que tengo que cerrar mi aplicación PokeMMO o apagar mi ordenador y luego hago clic en mi aplicación PokeMMO y no se abre después de que todo sucede está allí de alguna manera se puede solucionar este problema realmente con ganas de esto se ve muy bien ! ¡Te gusta leer!

I think it depends a lot on the characteristics of your computer. I have Windows 10. I3 7G and 4GB of Ram. y I experience a severe drop in frequent fps when using this mod. So that may be it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not particularly savvy when it comes to mods, but is it possible to resize how the sprites appear when they're using an HM outside of battle or evolving?

Those are the only complaints I have with the mod but I find it jarring enough to uninstall them for the time being.

14 hours ago, Bryce said:

I'm not particularly savvy when it comes to mods, but is it possible to resize how the sprites appear when they're using an HM outside of battle or evolving?

Those are the only complaints I have with the mod but I find it jarring enough to uninstall them for the time being.

No, and it doesn't seem like the devs will ever give some QoL for mods, so might as well uninstall the mod, because it's never happening.

• 2 weeks later...

@Verdep So I've been using this on Android and it's been really heavy on loading certain mon. Was wondering why and I noticed these files have a lot of unnecessary frames so I'm thinking about modding some of the mons that give the most trouble like torkoal which is an 11mb file with over 400 frames lol I tested it with charizard, for example, you only need 48 frames to make the loop but the file has over 200 frames, which is what creates the lag (along with resolution). This may not necessarily be noticeable to some depending on how good your system is. Either way it'd be nice to offer a  "Lite" version of this.

Honestly I'm also planning on reducing the resolution by half as well to further compress the files, there isn't really much loss in quality if at all. But I'll probably do that only for myself unless others ask for it. Examples are given below.

TL;DR Files have a lot of unneeded frames. May I have permission to mod these files?

Examples:

Spoiler

ORIGINAL FILE (242 Frames 4.49mb):

6-back-n.gif

MODDED OG RESOLUTION (48 Frames 888kb):

6-back-n.gif

MODDED HALF RESOLUTION (48 Frames 406kb):

6-back-n.gif

11 hours ago, Nerfgun said:

@Verdep So I've been using this on Android and it's been really heavy on loading certain mon. Was wondering why and I noticed these files have a lot of unnecessary frames so I'm thinking about modding some of the mons that give the most trouble like torkoal which is an 11mb file with over 400 frames lol I tested it with charizard, for example, you only need 48 frames to make the loop but the file has over 200 frames, which is what creates the lag (along with resolution). This may not necessarily be noticeable to some depending on how good your system is. Either way it'd be nice to offer a  "Lite" version of this.

Honestly I'm also planning on reducing the resolution by half as well to further compress the files, there isn't really much loss in quality if at all. But I'll probably do that only for myself unless others ask for it. Examples are given below.

TL;DR Files have a lot of unneeded frames. May I have permission to mod these files?

Examples:

Reveal hidden contents

ORIGINAL FILE (242 Frames 4.49mb):

6-back-n.gif

MODDED OG RESOLUTION (48 Frames 888kb):

6-back-n.gif

MODDED HALF RESOLUTION (48 Frames 406kb):

6-back-n.gif

Im finishing the next update with the new improvements from the last patch. This is really interesting, removing duplicate frames to make sprites lighter. When this is done, I'll focus on that. Meanwhile, you can edit some.

Oh you're talking about the female variants right? Those are going to be awesome. Awesome, I'll start working on that, so far Torkoal is a pain in the ass, he's the biggest file. You have to worry about his smoke patterns, his idle (moving up and down) and his red glows on his shell. I think I found a happy medium though. Let's hope the rest are easier lol

Edit: So I was going to do shiny Torkoal, legit the same frames I selected for normal Torkoal are the ones selected for shiny. I spent all that time for nothing! Only had to delete one frame for shiny I feel cheated! lol

Edit2: I'm noticing a pattern though, already have opened a few shinies with the frames needed instead of the unnecessary frames like in the normal versions. So it's just a matter of opening shiny files first and see which frames need deleting for the normal variation. Will report back with any changes! :D

Spoiler

OG FILE (484 Frames 10.8mb)

324-back-n.gif

MODDED FILE (241 Frames 5.07mb)
324-back-n.gif

Edited by Nerfgun

Update 0.9.2 - 25/01/2021

Overall:

-Merged Normal and Shiny Files into one unique Mod

-(Pokédex improve) Added coordinate table, this fixes sprites position in Pokédex but size still the same

-Improved size scale tables

Back:

-Normal:

▪️ Added Gen 5 Female Sprites by @Insensitivity

▪️ (Android performance) Optimized Charizard and Torkoal Sprites size by @Nerfgun (quality not affected)

-Shiny:

▪️ Added Gen 1 to Gen 5 Female Sprites by @Insensitivity

Front:

-Added Gen 1 to Gen 4 Female Sprites

-Added Shiny Egg Sprite

-Resize proportion fixes

Spoiler

Front:
Exeggutor -2%
Dialga +11%
Palkia +8%

Download Link in the initial post: Download

Current progress

Front/Back Sprites:

▪️ Gen 1-5✔️

▪️ Shiny Sprites✔️

▪️ Alternative Forms✔️

▪️ Female Sprites⚠️

Spoiler

Front:

Gen 1 to Gen 4 - Normal✔️ Shiny✔️

Gen 5 - Normal Shiny

Back:

Gen 1 to Gen 4 - Normal Shiny✔️

Gen 5 - Normal✔️ Shiny✔️

Thanks to Pokemmo staff to read the suggestion and implement support for Female sprites. Also thanks to Insensitivity to make all Backsprites. There are some missing super @Insensitivity saves us!!!

@Nerfgun has found how to further optimize the Mod and he optimized Charizard and Torkoal. Torkoal has a difficult loop detect, thank you! Next update will focus on that. I will start to optimize 3MB+ sprites to improve Android performance and reduce the mod size.

Edited by Verdep
1 hour ago, hannahtaylor said:

The shiny pack also edits the normal default sprites, the positions are wrong

image.png.743992c7ca0daf966d5b853924e1efb9.png

You right, is not possible separate scale/position for normal and shiny forms. I decided merge both mods in one and upload again 0.9.1 shiny version for Shiny hunters with the old position system. Maybe I'll add female forms on that version in future updates. Thanks for report, download again.

Overall:

-Merged Normal and Shiny Files into one unique Mod

Edited by Verdep
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lilAg0ny said:

Hey, i found a bug. The Zorua and Zoroark models are buggy. When i throw my zorua another pokemon comes out either the first from the item bar or the last.

That's how the Illusion ability works. Once that Pokemon takes damage the illusion will break and it will be replaced by the Zorua/Zoroark.