[MOD] HD Battle Sprites

On 5/3/2020 at 12:38 AM, Patrickspoke said:

there's something wrong when use this mod on Android (when in battle pokemon will be very big!) 

Yeah, its normal.. Try to modify the SCALES of Sprites! I've been playing with 2x FRONT SCALE and 4x BACK SCALE! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question everyone, is there a way to lighten the load on Android to make it work? Currently, my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus crashes when I try to start an encounter with this mod active (works GREAT on PC though). 

7 hours ago, MetaDK said:

Quick question everyone, is there a way to lighten the load on Android to make it work? Currently, my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus crashes when I try to start an encounter with this mod active (works GREAT on PC though). 

1) Resize the gifs (not the using the table file) so they would weigh less, since they are way too big for a phone anyways.

2) Convert the gifs to global color tables.

3) If that's not enough, or if you don't want to do the above, you could apply a (30% - 50%) lossy compression.

Edited by Insensitivity
51 minutes ago, Insensitivity said:

1) Resize the gifs (not the using the table file) so they would weigh less, since they are way too big for a phone anyways.

2) Convert the gifs to global color tables.

3) If that's not enough, or if you don't want to do the above, you could apply a (30% - 50%) lossy compression.

If I am a beginner with using mods and a first timer for modding a mod, is there a link to the "how to" do this?

Perhaps if someone already modded the sizing for android, they would be willing to share as well?