[MOD] HD Battle Sprites

• 3 weeks later...

I think that "bug" is simply because the "battle" sprites are the same as the "summary" sprites.. if you focus on adjusting for the summary one, the battle ones will look gigantic.. if you focus on the battle ones, the summary ones will look almost tiny.

I think with a bit of effort and source materials this is a simple mod to make, and if mods allow some coding you could also mod the "animation" of moves.

Also the "scale" concept doesn't fix the invisible border box for some sprites or sometimes makes their sizes questionable at the best..
I think there should be categories like "Default" "Wide" "Tall" "Grounded" "Flying" "Long" etc to make sure each pokemon is at the ideal position when displaying the sprites. 
I didn't see the insides of pokemmo but it is a simple variable in a class that can be switch-cased before displaying a sprite according to the category that pokemon id is in. Something along those lines, idk how much delay that would add though, really depends.

Edited by MHkaserz
to avoid misunderstanding a certain sentence.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update 0.2

-Fix sprites scale, thank you Desu

-Added gen 5 "SD" sprites from Mortedesu's mod

Donwload link in the initial post.

Sprites are now properly resized in combat. I still have to improve some things but this is a breakthrough, looks nice.

Backsprites are not supported from this mod at this time, I recomend combine this with Morterdesu's backprites mod.

Report me any sprite size not correct.

Edited by Verdep

This is shaping up to be great! 

Some things to take notice of..

1- The Gen 5 ones are too small since they are from a different patch so they need to scale (or be HD as well idk).
2- Some of the Gens 1-4 Sprites need to scale down to say a 75% of what they are now.
3- The pokedex is the main reason the 2nd suggestion exists.

Spoiler

A DIFFERENT SUGGESTION IS TO LOAD THE POKEDEX SPRITES SEPARATELY FROM THE SUMMARY/BATTLE ONES
WHICH IS DIRECTED TOWARDS THE ADMINS

Here you'll see that while some are perfect fits.. others seem too big for no reason. so I think a scale of 75~80% to the ones "too big for their own size" would be amazing 

Pictures:-

Spoiler

e7bbaea9bbab7041d0fa797f4798e066.png

789a254a1c76beff332d2f370e77e61b.png

So as you can see..
The blossom looks amazing, but in reality needs a 55% scale since in combat she would look on par with Scizor if she remains as is xD
Volcarona is a Gen 5 so not from this MOD (regardless needs to be bigger)
Blastoise needs a 75% scale I think.
Scizor needs an 80% scale.
Aligator needs a 60% scale.
Skarmory needs an 80% scale.
Ivysaur needs a 65% scale.

And these are just examples.. the idea is.. some of them fall hard from the proportions of how big/small they are or should look.
(Obv things like that don't include humongous pokemons but the pictures show the tiny problem that is the scale of some of these sprites)

Edited by MHkaserz

So wait; I'm sort of lost. Are the gen 5 sprites from Mortedesu temporary until you finish their HD versions? Or are they sticking around for the rest of the mod? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question lol

20 hours ago, MHkaserz said:

1- The Gen 5 ones are too small since they are from a different patch so they need to scale (or be HD as well idk).

Yes, in te summary there are different sizes. Gen 5 is smaller for no deform more the SD sprites, anyway it is temporal until Furret Turret website release the Gen 5 HD sprites.

20 hours ago, MHkaserz said:

2- Some of the Gens 1-4 Sprites need to scale down to say a 75% of what they are now.
3- The pokedex is the main reason the 2nd suggestion exists.

Reveal hidden contents

A DIFFERENT SUGGESTION IS TO LOAD THE POKEDEX SPRITES SEPARATELY FROM THE SUMMARY/BATTLE ONES
WHICH IS DIRECTED TOWARDS THE ADMINS

There are 2 problem here:

1: Summary resize table only works on summary pokemon dialog, no works on pokedex. There are no way to resize pokedex sprites.

2: 80%, 75%, 60%, etc scales make the sprites look weird.

So you choose prioritize the sprites in combat or the "summaries" sprites. I prefer prioritize how look the sprites in combat.

Yes, it would be perfect admins give that option o  at least that summary table affects to pokedex sprites to be able to resize them.

Here you'll see that while some are perfect fits.. others seem too big for no reason. so I think a scale of 75~80% to the ones "too big for their own size" would be amazing 

So as you can see..
The blossom looks amazing, but in reality needs a 55% scale since in combat she would look on par with Scizor if she remains as is xD
Volcarona is a Gen 5 so not from this MOD (regardless needs to be bigger)
Blastoise needs a 75% scale I think.
Scizor needs an 80% scale.
Aligator needs a 60% scale.
Skarmory needs an 80% scale.
Ivysaur needs a 65% scale.

And these are just examples.. the idea is.. some of them fall hard from the proportions of how big/small they are or should look.
(Obv things like that don't include humongous pokemons but the pictures show the tiny problem that is the scale of some of these sprites)

I've checked this sprites and croconaw y bellossom were a little oversized, they are already fixed, the others were correct. As you say the problem here is the proportion, for to know the real size of a Pokemon I use the 3ds sprites from Mortedesu and scale they to x2 with a image editor, after that I compare it with my sprites. If the 2 sprites match the scale is correct and, yes, the other sprites match with this. As I said, they are optimized so that they look good in combat, not in the summary. I can not change the size to each one because the proportion sizes of Pokemon would be lost.

Thank you so much MHkaserz for your reports and interest.

15 hours ago, RyuzenRyuudo said:

Everything works great :)

my only problem is some Pokemon that are supposed to be on ground looks like they are floating.

Is it possible to fix it? its minor problem but kind of weird in the eyes.

It is not possible to fix at this time, is a game client problem. I reported it here.

15 hours ago, MGRazor said:

So wait; I'm sort of lost. Are the gen 5 sprites from Mortedesu temporary until you finish their HD versions? Or are they sticking around for the rest of the mod? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question lol 

Are temporally until Furret Turret release their gen 5 sprites.

13 hours ago, purity2910 said:

hope they'll release the back sprite soon and hope you'll work with shiny sprites that they've uploaded

I'm still adjusting some sprites size, when I finish I'll go with the shiny sprites. Backsprites it's more complicated, it depends if Furret Turret make that in the future. I do not think so, it is a lot of work.

Edited by Verdep

Update 0.2.1

-Resized some sprites to their proportion

Spoiler

-Charizard is now 15% larger

-Fearow is now 17% larger

-Golbat is now 19% larger

-Aerodactyl is now 20% larger

-Articuno is now 40% larger

-Zapdos is now 3% larger

-Moltres is now 39% larger

-Croconaw is now 1% smaller