pleb don't get to talk

ThePrettyPetard

Question

not sure when that was added into the game but the one badge requirement to us ANY CHAT beside normal is the most anoying thing to deal with.

with that you can't use:

-channel chat

-global chat

-trade chat 

-you can't even whisper

if it was only resticting global i could understand it but the channel chat is very often dead so it would be better to not have this limitation and the whisper one is just a pain in the ass.

i would enjoy seeing this overmoderation gone.

17 answers to this question

1 minute ago, ImFunk said:

I assume that change was made to prevent bots/spamming and 1 badge really isn't that long into the game. Although I would like to see whispers changed, doesn't make much sense if two people start playing together and can't talk in-game privately. I think Global/Channel/Trade is fine though. 

was there really that big of an issue with bot spamming to beging with? restricting the use of channel chat is a bit rediculous to me.

1 hour ago, SodaNaranja said:

Ah didn't you know? It's 2 badges now

well if this is legit then i am starting to wonder if this isn't another of their idea to lower the pressure on the server. otherwise it would just be overmoderation for possible issue that wheren't brought up much.

looks like this one will require to summon a god or dev to know the anwser i'll try for a dev @Kyu @Desu @Shu

if any of you got an idea how to summon a god i am open to the idea.

Why would you even need to use the chat before two badges anyway ? If its to talk to friends or something like that I cant imagine two badges taking more than a hour.

If its just to talk with people in general then can't you just get two gym badges ? Its not like its asking you to do something time consuming at all.  

2 minutes ago, Etozuri said:

I cant imagine two badges taking more than a hour.

Its not like its asking you to do something time consuming at all.  

still consuming time that shouldn't even needed to be consumed

3 minutes ago, Etozuri said:

Why would you even need to use the chat before two badges anyway ?

you do you even need to use the chat at all? the original pokemon game doesn't have one so we could just get rid of the whole thing here. funny enough your argument support getting rid of the chat wich i am sure you don't mean. so now why don't you think why you started to use the chat in the first place and why should that be delayed. would that help in anything?

1 minute ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

do you even need to use the chat at all? the original pokemon game doesn't have one so we could just get rid of the whole thing here. funny enough your argument support getting rid of the chat wich i am sure you don't mean. so now why don't you think why you started to use the chat in the first place and why should that be delayed. would that help in anything?

I think that what he meant is that beside whispering a friend (that you knew outside of PokeMMO), you have nothing to trade a that point, not enough cash to buy interesting thing & you know pretty much no one.

But it's forgetting two things. The only way to know new people is to talk to them with global or channel chat (or whispers but when u don't know the person, meh). Also it could be a good idea for new player to have access to chat in case they need help (gym infos, pokemon location etc..). Yes there is plenty of guide out there but it might be useful.

2 hours ago, Yibuzy said:

I think that what he meant is that beside whispering a friend (that you knew outside of PokeMMO), you have nothing to trade a that point, not enough cash to buy interesting thing & you know pretty much no one.

the part about not being able to buy anything is arguable has i sold thing that even noob could afford in the past even though i most of the time go into noob spot insted of using trade chat

(if you are wondering what i sold it was a bunch of feebas for 500 pokeyen while i was standing next to the npc that sell you a magikarp in kanto)

2 hours ago, Yibuzy said:

But it's forgetting two things. The only way to know new people is to talk to them with global or channel chat (or whispers but when u don't know the person, meh). Also it could be a good idea for new player to have access to chat in case they need help (gym infos, pokemon location etc..). Yes there is plenty of guide out there but it might be useful.

we basically say the same thing in 2 fairly different way. noobs these day will have a much harder time to do like me and make their first friend here in viridian forest becaus they started goofing around early. some might even just stay completly silent the whole time just becaus they got used of not being able to talk.

I kind of agree with you now since I think that if people need help getting the first few gym badges but they can't use the chat its gonna be much harder to get help. They could just google it but doesn't that beat the purpose of the chat ? Also if they want to chat with friends in game what do they do then. But I'm mixed because as other people have said it is to reduce spamming/bot spamming or whatever.

I do think it is sort of silly. Can't they just beat the first two gyms in an hour maybe and for the rest of their pokemmo life they have chat. If you get stuck before then, google it you lazy noob. But I agree with your points as well. 

I definitely think they should be able to whisper since I just don't see any reason why not. 

1 hour ago, Etozuri said:

But I'm mixed because as other people have said it is to reduce spamming/bot spamming or whatever.

have you even come accross a noob spammer before? becaus i know that i never did. a poop (most likely drunk) spamming with bullshit yes but it's not an issue related to noob at all. and why would anyone have a bot to spam the chat with anything? none of this was a major issue at least not in the english chat.

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

have you even come accross a noob spammer before? becaus i know that i never did. a poop (most likely drunk) spamming with bullshit yes but it's not an issue related to noob at all. and why would anyone have a bot to spam the chat with anything? none of this was a major issue at least not in the english chat.

I wouldn't really know. I'm not an old player in this game. But I wasn't talking about noob spammers, just spammers and bot spammers in general. My point is that if new players don't know what they're because they can't talk in chat they could always just google it.

And maybe you don't see as much spammers is because of the restrictions.

I don't really think this ^ but even if there is no problem now that doesn't it won't be in the near future. Even though we can only assume how many exactly are joining but the game is growing so there might be a problem eventually.

Just speculation though.

Even if I think that everyone should be able to use whisper at least still don't really see it as a problem. maybe it should be changed but its only 2 badges for a reason. Its not time consuming or challenging at all for most.  

Plus there are other ways to talk like on the discord for example :)

3 hours ago, Etozuri said:

I wouldn't really know. I'm not an old player in this game. But I wasn't talking about noob spammers, just spammers and bot spammers in general. My point is that if new players don't know what they're because they can't talk in chat they could always just google it.

And maybe you don't see as much spammers is because of the restrictions.

I don't really think this ^ but even if there is no problem now that doesn't it won't be in the near future. Even though we can only assume how many exactly are joining but the game is growing so there might be a problem eventually.

Just speculation though.

well since you said you where fairly new i can tell you that in over a year of playing at various hours, before this change was made, that i never saw any kind of spam that could be prevented by this. we do see a lot of invader using the wrong language and thus spamming but those just seem to stupid to read*.

*fun fact while spanish and portuguese (mainly brazilian) invade the english chat with their language, french and german very often invade their own chat with english.

3 hours ago, Etozuri said:

Even if I think that everyone should be able to use whisper at least still don't really see it as a problem. maybe it should be changed but its only 2 badges for a reason. Its not time consuming or challenging at all for most.  

Plus there are other ways to talk like on the discord for example :)

even if i respect the attempt to find a solution outside of the game, it shouldn't even be needed to begin with when the game can very well do that job. 

On 9/18/2018 at 5:08 AM, ThePrettyPetard said:

not sure when that was added into the game but the one badge requirement to us ANY CHAT beside normal is the most anoying thing to deal with.

with that you can't use:

-channel chat

-global chat

-trade chat 

-you can't even whisper

if it was only resticting global i could understand it but the channel chat is very often dead so it would be better to not have this limitation and the whisper one is just a pain in the ass.

i would enjoy seeing this overmoderation gone.

I kinda agree with op, this really bad choice seems like a way to hamper the game rather than improve it. What if a new player needs help? Perhaps a channel for new bois would be a good idea going forward instead of the quite moronic exclusion of new players in chat?

I don't know the exact requirements myself but I remeber that I was annoyed by it too ... So yes, give new players a chance to integrate into community life. 

Maybe after 3 hours of playtime? That's fairly enough for everyone to get into the game. GM's could have an special eye on new players to make sure that they don't abuse channels. 

Greesings