About re E4 prize

widi

They had hidden abilities before.  Now, the biggest different is focus sashes and moves like foul play working.  Overall, you need a stealth rock user and at the end it probably takes 2 more minutes and a couple of revives more.  Around 10k more would be nice and make sense but I doubt it will happen.

If anyone needs to be complaining its the lvl 100 battle frontier people.  Ridiculous that only gives 2k battle points when the winstreak consistency isn't the easiest thing to master and it takes 15-20 minutes per run.  Should give like 50k too.

Edited by Aard
2 hours ago, Aard said:

If anyone needs to be complaining its the lvl 100 battle frontier people.  Ridiculous that only gives 2k battle points when the winstreak consistency isn't the easiest thing to master and it takes 15-20 minutes per run.  Should give like 50k too.

never tested the actual time needed to beat the 7 trainer there but even if it takes 20 min, 2k in BP is worth about 50k in pokeyen at the curent rate. it isn't that bad of a payout considering some other way to make money. but again all this is based of the time estimate you give so it could be worse if the time needed was longer.

22 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

never tested the actual time needed to beat the 7 trainer there but even if it takes 20 min, 2k in BP is worth about 50k in pokeyen at the curent rate. it isn't that bad of a payout considering some other way to make money. but again all this is based of the time estimate you give so it could be worse if the time needed was longer.

You have to beat it a bunch of times in a row to even get to that reward state and the elite 4 takes around 20-25 minutes (16:30 is my fastest, 18 something after update) with the same bp reward and an extra 80k tacked on.  Sure, there is healing items, but overall its just better money with no reset on prizes if your winstreak is destroyed.

Someone could probably speedrun the battle frontier in 10 minutes or something but it still wouldn't match up with the 20 minute elite 4.  Then one unlucky crit there and it takes a few hours to build the reward back up. 

Gyms are even lower risk than the elite 4 and only take 20-25 minutes per region for 70-90k.  I'm sure its possible to get kanto and Hoenn together sub 35 but I've only gotten sub 40 so far.  Unova is 35-45 but no one does Unova or at least the last 3 gyms because the pathing to the leaders sucks.   Tack mirimoto onto kanto and hoenn and that's ~180k in 40-50 minutes which I don't think really lines up with the work needed to do battle frontier well.  Its only once per day, but still. 

Its the winstreak that is hard to maintain and why I think it needs more value.

Edited by Aard
3 hours ago, Aard said:

You have to beat it a bunch of times in a row to even get to that reward state and the elite 4 takes around 20-25 minutes (16:30 is my fastest, 18 something after update) with the same bp reward and an extra 80k tacked on.  Sure, there is healing items, but overall its just better money with no reset on prizes if your winstreak is destroyed.

Someone could probably speedrun the battle frontier in 10 minutes or something but it still wouldn't match up with the 20 minute elite 4.  Then one unlucky crit there and it takes a few hours to build the reward back up. 

Gyms are even lower risk than the elite 4 and only take 20-25 minutes per region for 70-90k.  I'm sure its possible to get kanto and Hoenn together sub 35 but I've only gotten sub 40 so far.  Unova is 35-45 but no one does Unova or at least the last 3 gyms because the pathing to the leaders sucks.   Tack mirimoto onto kanto and hoenn and that's ~180k in 40-50 minutes which I don't think really lines up with the work needed to do battle frontier well.  Its only once per day, but still. 

Its the winstreak that is hard to maintain and why I think it needs more value.

seeing things from your angle i could agree with you that the payout need to be boosted to be more on par with the rest. the thing is there is always people that will perform better and that would make that way of making money op for them. this is probably something we could all help fix in our spare time or even just one of us but for that we need numbers and the devs hate to make any number become public has we saw with the shiny rate.

@Kyu @Desu @Shu have you ever consider to hire an economist or even just someone with free time and will to make this game better? this could potentially help with the economy.

1 hour ago, Archiver said:

So @Aard what team do you use for E4? My old team has trouble with it now. My usual strategy was using Ninjask and Baton Pass to a sweeper but Focus Sash is a real pain. I could use a sacrificial pokemon with Spikes but I'm looking to see if I can do it with less revives.

That's basically what I do with stealth rock.  A scarf krookodile intimidates which helps a lot with setting up and it lays rocks down fast.  Then I have a dugtrio with amulet coin, stealth rock and memento for emergencies.  I get by with 3-5 revives per run.  Maybe not ideal.  Ninjask might be your problem since its setups are a turn slow sometimes.

Let's agree that the e4 is harder now, my point is, when they make it harder it would be reasonable if the prize also made higher. Just that, plain and simple.

The point is not whether we can do the e4 or not, with the new updates, at least we need more time, or maybe need to use more items. I understand that we can also use more options, but remember also that (at least) NPC has hidden ability that we don't have, and they can use potions that if we use it also, than e4 will not be worth it anymore.

16 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

seeing things from your angle i could agree with you that the payout need to be boosted to be more on par with the rest. the thing is there is always people that will perform better and that would make that way of making money op for them. this is probably something we could all help fix in our spare time or even just one of us but for that we need numbers and the devs hate to make any number become public has we saw with the shiny rate.

@Kyu @Desu @Shu have you ever consider to hire an economist or even just someone with free time and will to make this game better? this could potentially help with the economy.

Agree

Not to mention about gtl listing fee etc. I really hope that you guys can help make balance in economy, I play since 2013, so I know how hard it is now for players to get money nowadays. I know it's not easy, but I really believe that you can solve it.