[PSL X] Ghost Host Complaints & Recommendations

At this point I think only GM involved in PSL will be Kizhaz, and maybe Mike as global. Dunno if any other staff will want to take a part. Kizhaz was around matches when he was manager, and iirc he was GM back then. If he cheated during this time and still lost, then you know, that's pretty bad.And I would've know if he would do it. 
Jokes aside, when I took a part as a member of fantastic UFO (rip you, Greck),  my staff character was literally offline whole time during matches of my mates and most importantly- my matches. It's easy to check via friendlist. If its such a big issue, Kiz can always watch matches from alt or something if he will manage. Its just really, really really obnoxious to change characters just for this. Voice channels are a thing too, and its not staff players only issue.  ah he's not manager

Dont get me wrong guys, and don't take it as a "no" for any future solutions, but right now I can't guarantee for example that I will be around all matches to see if someone is not cheating. I can check it in free time, but still, its all about trust, since few people can always be like "he's lying to cover for staff friend". But, if that's the only way my gms can be a part of PSL, I can check weekly if any cheating takes place.Staff taking a part of PSL was one of our main reasons to support seasons with our private in game money, so I wouldn't like to see this tradition shut down. I don't see any of my staff members considering cheating in any tournament a possible scenario.

Im not planning to take a part in PSL, since only tier I like to play is little cup and I had no time to prepare anything. Maybe PSL XV. So if that's necessary, I can ref gm actions under my word. 

tl;dr- if that will be enough for you guys, we as Sgms can personally watch over staff members taking a part in unofficial events.

10 minutes ago, gbwead said:

You mean the one time when pinklabel spoke up and everyone gave him shit for it. We all know that is never happening again lol.

The people giving him shit for it were the people getting caught cheating. There was also Madrasixsix at the start of that season and lkrenz coaching tj.

So really u dont know that its never happening again lol.

edit: was doc also coaching art?

Edited by DaftCoolio

Atlhough I'm not very into PSL, as I didn't take part of it yet, may I question, what can be done about coaching? /dnd, public discord VC is only the tip of the iceberg, there's no way to really control it imo, but it also isn't healthy for any team that has to face 3 Frags or something. Incentives for ratting on them isn't bad, but also doenst solve the problem. 

Showdown wise, what if, both parties agree on making private rooms, where nobody other than them and lets say 1/2 hosts can join, and then give the replay for everyone to see? Still doens't prevent shadowing, but would make it slightly harder I guess.

Edited by razimove
1 hour ago, razimove said:

Showdown wise, what if, both parties agree on making private rooms, where nobody other than them and lets say 1/2 hosts can join, and then give the replay for everyone to see? Still doens't prevent shadowing, but would make it slightly harder I guess.

I think this is a great idea. If we had replays of PSL MMO duels, it would be a general solution.

2 hours ago, razimove said:

howdown wise, what if, both parties agree on making private rooms, where nobody other than them and lets say 1/2 hosts can join, and then give the replay for everyone to see? Still doens't prevent shadowing, but would make it slightly harder I guess.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

I think this is a great idea. If we had replays of PSL MMO duels, it would be a general solution.

screensharing is an easy feat...

i'd say we should stick to the given punishments for once instead of nixing them right away.

also from an earlier suggestion way back fresh after the incidents in season 9 someone suggested to give high bounties for every confirmed report about coaching yada yada

what happened to that idea?

1 minute ago, Linken said:

also from an earlier suggestion way back fresh after the incidents in season 9 someone suggested to give high bounties for every confirmed report about coaching yada yada

what happened to that idea?

How does this prevent coaching tho, or at least hinder it? It can be done privately in a 2 man chat, and you can't proof who is who, either. but I also spoke about that.

9 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Doing anything thats not foolproof is a waste of time

If you're talking about the harsher punishments, they do not accomplish anything indeed. There is no foolproof solution to coaching. It's just pretty sad that last season was ruined because of coaching and, beside the dnd rule which we have no idea how it will enforced, nothing has been done so far to prevent that from happening again. 

Edited by gbwead
8 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If you're talking about the harsher punishments, they do not accomplish anything indeed. There is no foolproof solution to coaching. It's just pretty sad that last season was ruined because of coaching and, beside the dnd rule which we have no idea how it will enforced, nothing has been done so far to prevent that from happening again. 

Id love a solution, but many if not all of them kill at least part of the fun, spectating and discussing shit during the match is the best part of psl. Killing that would ruin psl worse than jj ever did

12 hours ago, gbwead said:

11 hours ago, gbwead said:

Yes, but it's better than doing nothing.

I promise you I'm not playing PSL on SD without the chat screaming at misses and stuff, might as well go on ladder if I want to play quietly.

11 hours ago, Linken said:

screensharing is an easy feat...

+1 there'll always be a way unless we do PokeMMO LANs for PSL

11 hours ago, Linken said:

yeah, but going by the latest suggestion you're killing the show and entertainment aspect...

i think most people would prefer to see their favourite band/artist live instead of buying a live dvd if you get my gist

+2 whats happening to us linken 

11 hours ago, gbwead said:

We might as well allow coaching if we can't even make the the slightlest compromise to prevent coaching.

wtf how's going private on showdown a solution, you can even invite people before the room gets locked ... and screen sharing on discord is ez af to do aswell

Edited by Kamimiii