[PSL X] Ghost Host Complaints & Recommendations

11 hours ago, Kamimiii said:

wtf how's going private on showdown a solution, you can even invite people before the room gets locked ... and screen sharing on discord is ez af to do aswell

About inviting people, can't you check how many spectators are currently seeing the match? I am under the idea, one can check, even randoms without being logged. 

Screen sharing is easy on anything, if you want to even make it worst, you can use TeamViewer, and make frags play for you, there will never be a proper solution to coaching/ghosting.

In the end, you might aswell allow it, cause what solution is there to prevent it? Plus lets be honest both me and you know it will always exist. LAN would solve the problem, but it's pokemmo afterall.

2 hours ago, razimove said:

About inviting people, can't you check how many spectators are currently seeing the match? I am under the idea, one can check, even randoms without being logged. 

Screen sharing is easy on anything, if you want to even make it worst, you can use TeamViewer, and make frags play for you, there will never be a proper solution to coaching/ghosting.

In the end, you might aswell allow it, cause what solution is there to prevent it? Plus lets be honest both me and you know it will always exist. LAN would solve the problem, but it's pokemmo afterall.

I think you underestimate the amount of players who don't coach/get coached because its against the rules and they don't want to just fuck the integrity of PSL for a slightly better chance to win. My guess is, thats about 75% of PSL. So, if we use the asinine "we cant stop coaching 1000% of the time so might as well eliminate all rules period" logic you can expect that number to go down significantly, which produces shitty puppet matches and eliminates any system of value in the auction

There's a middle ground between "completely allow coaching" and "lets eliminate so much fun from PSL that its not even worth playing anymore." Shit, why not have the MMO matches be played in secret too? The two competitors have to both run to the top of mt ember where squirtle will oversee the match and both players chats, and the community can just be told the score later? 

9 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I think you underestimate the amount of players who don't coach/get coached because its against the rules and they don't want to just fuck the integrity of PSL for a slightly better chance to win. My guess is, thats about 75% of PSL. So, if we use the asinine "we cant stop coaching 1000% of the time so might as well eliminate all rules period" logic you can expect that number to go down significantly, which produces shitty puppet matches and eliminates any system of value in the auction

There's a middle ground between "completely allow coaching" and "lets eliminate so much fun from PSL that its not even worth playing anymore." Shit, why not have the MMO matches be played in secret too? The two competitors have to both run to the top of mt ember where squirtle will oversee the match and both players chats, and the community can just be told the score later? 

The problem here is that the middle ground is the same as it has always been: pretend like everything is okay and not do anything about the coaching issue. I also feel you underestimate the amount of coached players in PSL, even though 25% is huge already.