[PSL X] Ghost Host Complaints & Recommendations

STAFF IN PSL

As we all know, staff members are not allowed to take part in official tournaments.

1. Admin and Game Masters are able to see a player's party and would therefore be able to cheat.
  2. Global Moderators and Moderators choose official tournaments prizes, so there would be a conflict of interest if they win the prize they chose themselves.

The reason why Admins and Game Masters are not allowed to participate in official tournaments also applies to PSL. My goal is absolutely not to prevent anyone to take part in the event. However, this might be necessary in order to prevent potential cheating, unless a Senior Game Master not participating in PSL double checks the actions of Game Masters participating in PSL.

@MknsZblex@Blu3Breath and @LKrenz, what is your take on this issue?

Edited by gbwead

COACHING

Imo, coaching should totally be allowed in PSL for the following reasons:

1. There is no real way to prevent coaching, so whether we like it or not, whether we allow coaching or not, there will be coaching. 
  2. By receiving advices when he/she gets coached, a player becomes better and better and therefore doesn't really needs to be coached.
  3. If players get better thanks to coaching, this implies that it becomes much harder for a player to coach another. If there is a lot of good competition in each tier, one player could not possibly be dominant in another tier than the one in which he/she is specialized in.
  4. We can't shame players for coaching or getting coached if we don't know they are coaching or getting coached.

Overall, by allowing coaching, the need for coaching and the effectiveness of coaching is less important. 

Edited by gbwead

PLAYOFF SUGGESTION

When we reach week 6 or week 7 of the regular season, going to playoffs becomes impossible for certain teams and therefore the players of these teams have nothing to fight for. It’s imo very unfortunate that every season when we get to that point, players stop competing as much as they used to and I don’t think they are to blame at all. Even if they teambuild and put in some efforts towards trying to secure some wins, there is a fundamental psychological difference between someone playing to win and someone playing because he/she has to.

I think PSL would become better if when a team competes that team still has a chance – no matter how small – to win the entire event and all teams always feels the need to win the week to improve/keep their ranking. I propose that all teams make it to playoffs, but based on their rank they are either advantaged or disadvantaged.

Current Playoffs System:
5278e6aa92c14b98c37fe3cb0bac380a.png
The 7th Place Team and 8th Place Team are eliminated. The 1st Place Team and 2nd Place Team move on automatically to seminals. This implies that in regular season there is no difference between coming 8th or 7th, between coming 6th, 5th, 4th or 3rd and between coming 2nd or 1st.

What I had in mind:
335c82f08213b5eb0d55dca43fa1e8f0.png

1st Place Team vs the 8th Place Team  --> The 1st Place Team has 2 automatic wins in the tiers of their choice.
2nd Place Team vs the 7th Place Team --> The 2nd Place Team has 1 automatic win in the tier of their choice and 1 automatic win in the tier of the 7th Place Team choice.

3rd Place Team vs the 6th Place Team  --> The 3rd Place Team has 1 automatic win in the tier of their choice.
4th Place Team vs the 5th Place Team  --> The 4th Place Team has 1 automatic win in the tier of the 5th Place Team choice.

Imo, by changing Playoffs system, each team would have a reason to fight until the bitter end. There are significant differences in advantages or disadvantages between each rank. All teams also make it to playoffs and we get to see more duel for the first round of playoffs without having to make PSL last longer.

Original post

Edited by gbwead

my opinion is a stop reserving post and b this has always been possible and their has never been a way to check/prevent this other then sgm's will presumably find out at some point and would presumably kick the offender out of staff if they abused their power. 

so why change things now? 

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

my opinion is a stop reserving post and b this has always been possible and their has never been a way to check/prevent this other then sgm's will presumably find out at some point and would presumably kick the offender out of staff if they abused their power. 

so why change things now? 

So why are GM not allowed to participate in official tournaments then? If it was that simple, it would not be an issue.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

So why are GM not allowed to participate in official tournaments then? If it was that simple, it would not be an issue.

Because we shouldn't be taking a potential spot that should otherwise be for a member of the community 

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

Game Masters are part of the community though.

That's honestly the main reason why we can't. I know of at least one case of someone being removed from staff in the past because they ignored this rule, and they were CM at the time iirc.

4 hours ago, gbwead said:

Game Masters are part of the community though.

ehhhhh 

also staff host tourneys and we all know how well playing in a tourney you are hosting goes "cough cough jj" and while their are a whole lot rules restricting why prizes you can give staff have *some* say in what the prize will be and if they could also win it that would be a factor. i know if i was staff giving out prizes in the tradable days everything would had been a porygon

3 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

ehhhhh 

also staff host tourneys and we all know how well playing in a tourney you are hosting goes "cough cough jj" and while their are a whole lot rules restricting why prizes you can give staff have *some* say in what the prize will be and if they could also win it that would be a factor. i know if i was staff giving out prizes in the tradable days everything would had been a porygon

I have mentionned this already and I don't see how that's relevant. I'm only talking about the staff members capable of cheating, the ones that can look at your party without you knowing.

I have mentionned this already and I don't see how that's relevant. I'm only talking about the staff members capable of cheating, the ones that can look at your party without you knowing.

"re reads thread"

yea i read version 1 not v whatever this is. and the point is staff can not play in officials solely for the reason "they might cheat". their are other reasons and you need a better argument for "no psl staff" or whatever you are trying to get. 

also about the coaching, pls no. seriously thats gay

also also the semi finals idea needs work. your idea with no edits leaves most of the season with far too little significance. im not saying the current system is great or whatever, just go back to the drawing board and make some changes. the regular season needs to matter but the late regular season is rather depressing if you cant win as it is now and could use work.

9 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

also about the coaching, pls no. seriously thats gay

It's happening regardless. The rule is pointless.

10 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

yea i read version 1 not v whatever this is. and the point is staff can not play in officials solely for the reason "they might cheat". their are other reasons and you need a better argument for "no psl staff" or whatever you are trying to get. 

I only edited the title not the content, but w.e. Some staff members have the possibility of cheating without anyone finding out, how is that not a good enough argument?

It's happening regardless. The rule is pointless.

i do not think the solution is to allow it. i think the solution is to up the punishment to something where people would think coaching is not worth the risk of being caught.

Some staff members have the possibility of cheating without anyone finding out, how is that not a good enough argument?

ok but we are talking abotu literally half a dozen people here in the two circles of "are staff" and "play psl" and rache checked the logs to find coaching before and theirs no guarantee or reason to think she or another sgm wont do it again. these half a dozen people are trust worthy enough to get staff and know abusing their power may get them caught and will have consequences. im paranoid but even i think you're being paranoid and are chasing ghost here.

I only edited the title not the content, but w.e.

>_> whatever

29 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Because we shouldn't be taking a potential spot that should otherwise be for a member of the community 

This reason is totally compatible with the others that gbwead mentioned.
It's like saying to someone who want to enter in an airport with a knife, a gun and a bomb that he can't enter because of the knife only...

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i do not think the solution is to allow it. i think the solution is to up the punishment to something where people would think coaching is not worth the risk of being caught

The risk is for players who reveal the cheating, they will never be trusted again and probably never choosen in PSL.

3 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i do not think the solution is to allow it. i think the solution is to up the punishment to something where people would think coaching is not worth the risk of being caught.

You can up the punishment as much as you want, but it won't make it more risky in any way since there are no way for them to get caught. That's not a solution, just denial.

5 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

ok but we are talking abotu literally half a dozen people here in the two circles of "are staff" and "play psl" and rache checked the logs to find coaching before and theirs no guarantee or reason to think she or another sgm wont do it again. these half a dozen people are trust worthy enough to get staff and know abusing their power may get them caught and will have consequences. im paranoid but even i think you're being paranoid and are chasing ghost here.

I mean I heard there was some incidents in the past. I'm not saying they are not trustworthy, but why risk anything? Why can't these staff members just spectate and battle on an alt or something? It's more a matter of principle really than paranoia.

Just now, Sashaolin said:

It's like saying to someone who want to enter in an airport with a knife, a gun and a bomb that he can't enter because of the knife only...

Correct, I was just pointing out it's not exclusively GM+ since any staff cannot participate in officials when only some possess the tools to try and cheat.

On a side note I can pretty confidently say none of the current GM team would try to cheat, of the ones actually planning to get involved in PSL (Currently just myself) I've not tried to cheat in 9 PSL's so why would I start on the 10th

4 hours ago, Sashaolin said:

you can get on a plane with a gun or a knife these days. bomb too under the right circumstances cause demolition, Hollywood, mining, ect 

You can up the punishment as much as you want, but it won't make it more risky in any way since there are no way for them to get caught. That's not a solution, just denial.

listen, read crime and punishment. it fucking works. if the punishment is harsh enough people actually dont do it. 

4 hours ago, PinkLabel said:

The risk is for players who reveal the cheating, they will never be trusted again and probably never choosen in PSL.

unless their name starts with a H?

4 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Correct, I was just pointing out it's not exclusively GM+ since any staff cannot participate in officials when only some possess the tools to try and cheat.

On a side note I can pretty confidently say none of the current GM team would try to cheat, of the ones actually planning to get involved in PSL (Currently just myself) I've not tried to cheat in 9 PSL's so why would I start on the 10th

kiz is legit he for sure would have gotten caught its been 10 fuckign season of kiz playing and loosing at least half his matches no way hes cheating

i jouk no h8 m8

You can't punish people that do not get caught. 

true but people DO get caught and while we might not catch everyone, enoguh will be caught and punished to discourage the rest from doing it. if you had to pay a 5 million yen fine to ever play in the psl and were banned for 2 season AND have a very low chance of ever getting picked even after paying the fine would you risk it for a single match or season?

15 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Why can't these staff members just spectate and battle on an alt or something?

Alt is not a solution because they could still use their privileges to help their teammates, the goal is to reduce their personal will by not allowing them to take part of the PSL or by making a SGM audit their actions.

13 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

The reason why the Global Moderators and the Moderators can't take part of the official tournaments have been explained too :

2. Global Moderators and Moderators choose official tournaments prizes, so there would be a conflict of interest if they win the prize they chose themselves.

The trust is not the issue, you should take this in a positive way because it could prevent people to say that you won because of cheating.

Do you get evidences that you never tried to cheat before, if not, this should not be a valid argument.