[Guide] Cerulean Cave BF1 Leveling 1-100

Just a simple table i made showing cost/time for Cerulean Cave BF1 Leveling 1-100

3,200 Nominal EXP per battle(EXP Share)

45 Sec per battle(LVL100 pokemon to cut text down and surf for no super effectives)

Donator status +25% EXP

MAP

Spoiler

32faaKp.png

TABLE

Spoiler

╔══════════════╦═════════════════════╦══════════════════╦═════════════════╦════════════════════════╦════════════════════════════╗
║ EXP Type     ║ Required EXP(1-100) ║ Battles Required ║ Time In Minutes ║ Leppa Berries Required ║ Leppa Berry Cost ($1100ea) ║
╠══════════════╬═════════════════════╬══════════════════╬═════════════════╬════════════════════════╬════════════════════════════╣
║ Fluctuating  ║      1,640,000      ║        513       ║       385       ║           257          ║          $282,700          ║
╠══════════════╬═════════════════════╬══════════════════╬═════════════════╬════════════════════════╬════════════════════════════╣
║     Slow     ║      1,250,000      ║        391       ║       294       ║           196          ║          $215,600          ║
║  Medium Slow ║      1,059,860      ║        332       ║       249       ║           166          ║          $182,600          ║
║  Medium Fast ║      1,000,000      ║        313       ║       235       ║           157          ║          $172,700          ║
║     Fast     ║       800,000       ║        250       ║       188       ║           125          ║          $137,500          ║
╚══════════════╩═════════════════════╩══════════════════╩═════════════════╩════════════════════════╩════════════════════════════╝
Edited by togie

If you use Sweet Scent while surfing anywhere in the cave, you'll encounter hordes of lv47-50 Golducks that give you ~6000 exp per battle (and 10 special attack EVs). This is the fastest consistent leveling in the region (no Sturdy or chance for lower exp yields) and does not require traveling to different floors.

Hmmmmmm. i didnt even think about sweet scent while surfing. That cuts back on travel time majorly! TY!

What move would be "effective" though? 

Maybe an Ursaring with swift? 

Discharge and earthquake would add 10 seconds to every battle.

Edited by togie

For the fast one, I could beat the elite four 6 times in 180 minutes, have about 400k in cash +300k from the 12k bp, so 700k.  That's 30 rare candies plus whatever I got xp I got from exp share in the elite 4 which is about 25000 per trip so ~150000 for six trips.  Why is this cave thing faster even with hordes?  Seems slower to me.

I'm pretty sure after ev training and 6 elite four trips I'll get whatever up to lvl 70 so how fast the growth is doesn't matter much.  Just all pokes take 30 minutes of ev training plus ~3 hours of elite 4 grinding.

Edited by Aard
1 hour ago, Aard said:

For the fast one, I could beat the elite four 6 times in 180 minutes, have about 400k in cash +300k from the 12k bp, so 700k.  That's 30 rare candies plus whatever I got xp I got from exp share in the elite 4 which is about 25000 per trip so ~150000 for six trips.  Why is this cave thing faster even with hordes?  Seems slower to me.

I'm pretty sure after ev training and 6 elite four trips I'll get whatever up to lvl 70 so how fast the growth is doesn't matter much.  Just all pokes take 30 minutes of ev training plus ~3 hours of elite 4 grinding.

Not sure if I got your point, but you can't just rebattle E4 6 times in a row, they have a long cooldown after you beat them the first time, also their level increase, it gets harder to pass with an exp share equiped in a low level member once they are level 100.

1 hour ago, Aard said:

Such a pro player.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Giant Chasm is still better.

2 hours ago, razimove said:

Such a pro player.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Giant Chasm is still better.

Each region has viable leveling locations now. The exp gained in Unova's Giant Chasm is actually slightly lower than the best locations in the other regions, with an average of 1207 per Pokemon in its hordes compared to Hoenn's 1208 (Battle Frontier surfing) and Kanto's 1212.5 (Cerulean Cave surfing).

Edited by Rache
2 minutes ago, Rache said:

Each region has viable leveling locations now. The exp gained in Unova's Giant Chasm is actually slightly lower than the best locations in the other regions, with an average of 1207 per Pokemon compared to Hoenn's 1208 (Battle Frontier surfing) and Kanto's 1212.5 (Cerulean Cave surfing).

Thanks for correcting me, Rachel, but does this apply to hordes aswell or just singles?

Hey, for some reason my comments are not appearing so for now I'll assume its a glitch rather than censorship.  Anyway, what I said was basically that you don't need to be a pro to beat the elite 4, and if you run all three regions you will never have all three on cooldown at the same time.  Very Viable!

1 hour ago, togie said:

xRdZiiiN, Could i get a recommendation on a pokemon for hyper voice?

Hydreigon is a amazing ev trainer, lvl up slave. Cuz he learns surf / hyper voice ~ u can use him for pretty much every horde, and not gonna get bother for the 'super effective' msg bs.

Linoone is a nice option aswell , he can learn both moves and cuz he have pick up ability.

Edited by xRdZiiiN