Allow us to host automated tournaments

DrButler

Question

6 hours ago, razimove said:

Complaining is still free.

Regarding the game, lets be honest, if they didn't invest heavily into the chinese community, game was pretty dead. There's nothing to do in the game, cause they don't even make new events or anything to keep the game appealing to a veteran player. Check any MMO compared to this, they have rotating events, we got a whooping 2 per year, halloween/christmas. I also don't want the dungeons to be delayed, but is that, that far away? Last time I heard about it, it was to be released 'this summer', and previous to that was February 2k18. 

Complaining is free but usually counter productive.

Here in this case, you are forgetting to mention that this game is still under an open beta. You can make a point that it has been like that for past 6 years but it has been adding new content and features for all that time too.

About the OP's suggestion, things have been discussed and planned but not exactly as it was suggested. If the things work out well with it, then more things can be added to it even sooner.

3 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

Here in this case, you are forgetting to mention that this game is still under an open beta.

This is one more protection, they have against the usage of i.p. , keep that in mind. 

4 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

About the OP's suggestion, things have been discussed and planned but not exactly as it was suggested. If the things work out well with it, then more things can be added to it even sooner.

I hope you're right.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:48 PM, Squirtle said:

I am a little confused at how you didn't understand my initial statement. I am implementing what I consider to be a stop gap until we are able to get a system in place that is more autonomous in nature which will take development time which is most likely not going to be the focus atm.

So this is a very nice feature, but I feel it isn't quite what it could be. The impression i had was that this would be a continuous way to keep ourselves entertained with tournaments.

I've sent in 5 or 6 tournaments since this was implemented, but only one was created. All were within 2 days prior to the date of the tournament. Now I understand that it is probably overwhelming for the staff with all the tournament requests that must be coming in, but i think it would be cool if it was a bit quicker of a process. For example, if it's Wednesday and I realize that I will be busy during the community combat tomorrow, I can make tournaments at times that I can be free. 

I suppose what takes time is for the tournaments to be approved, but why? If a tournament consists simply of prizes from the entry fee, why can't it be made on the spot? I think it would be nice if the approval process was cut out, though i do realize that it still takes time for donations to be approved. 

Also, I think this is a bit understaffed. With only two staff on it (pretty much one), there is a lot of work in front of them with all the tournament requests. If there were one or two more staff working on these, tournaments may be created at a better rate. 

Regardless, I am pleased how quick the response on this was, good stuff.