Allow us to host automated tournaments

DrButler

Question

Awesome idea to raise the incentive of playing other tiers. I really, really like it. The way I would see this is already putting the prize money (or pokemon/ shiny, w/e) like on GTL, pick a date and submit it. Obviously there can be some fee so devs can create another moneysink. I can only see benefits from that suggestion.

8 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Awesome idea to raise the incentive of playing other tiers. I really, really like it. The way I would see this is already putting the prize money (or pokemon/ shiny, w/e) like on GTL, pick a date and submit it. Obviously there can be some fee so devs can create another moneysink. I can only see benefits from that suggestion.

Also, it could be a paid tournament, to filter randoms, and lets say the tournament, would keep a tax to himself like 15-20% to help burn money, and everything else would go towards the 1st/2nd/3rd n 4rd.

This would take time to develop something as custom as you are looking for that would not require staff intervention which is something we are not going to be focusing on atm.

I will say though that staff can host additional automated events with entry fees and as long as the total fees are around the prize pool being given out I am not opposed to more tournaments being hosted. This would be a conversation you could have with any staff member and they can propose an event like this in the same way as others through our internal process.

16 hours ago, Squirtle said:

This would take time to develop something as custom as you are looking for that would not require staff intervention which is something we are not going to be focusing on atm.

I will say though that staff can host additional automated events with entry fees and as long as the total fees are around the prize pool being given out I am not opposed to more tournaments being hosted. This would be a conversation you could have with any staff member and they can propose an event like this in the same way as others through our internal process.

The whole point of this is not rely on staff members, while any additional event always welcome is, this looks like an event people want to host/play because of unpredictable schedules and random incentives to suddenly play some comp. matchmaking often leaves you disappointed because of randoms that are impossible to play against(nothing against randoms, just pointing out facts) and I think the most important part is, easy set up and quick play. Waiting for a staff member to do this will take time and is less than ideal

Edited by Bilburt
5 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

The whole point of this is not rely on staff members, while any additional event always welcome is, this looks like an event people want to host/play because of unpredictable schedules and random incentives to suddenly play some comp. matchmaking often leaves you disapponted because of randoms that are impossible to play against(nothing against randoms, just pointing out facts) and I think the most important part is, easy set up and quick play. Waiting for a staff member to do this will take time and is less than ideal

Come on Bilburt I thought you were smarter than this. Read my first sentence again and understand what you want isn't coming right now. Maybe in the distant future will we look to create more customization on this front.

5 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

Come on Bilburt I thought you were smarter than this. Read my first sentence again and understand what you want isn't coming right now. Maybe in the distant future will we look to create more customization on this front.

We both know your soontm sometimes equals nevertm. Besides, I just hoped to maybe move this up the list of to do things

1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

you wouldnt wanna focus on it, because you do think its not important / because you think you know whats best for us? i mean, once psl is over this games gonna be a graveyard again, since there is barely anything you have to offer to comp players, do you realise that / do you even care? how can this this not be a top priority?

30 upvotes in 20 hours and you´re just like "nope". am utterly amazed.

24 minutes ago, DrButler said:

you wouldnt wanna focus on it, because you do think its not important / because you think you know whats best for us? i mean, once psl is over this games gonna be a graveyard again, since there is barely anything you have to offer to comp players, do you realise that / do you even care? how can this this not be a top priority?

He didnt say no, he said distant future. And thats probably the best you’re going to get 

35 minutes ago, DrButler said:

nono mate, it's best to keep paying for streamers to advertise in the chinese streaming site blibli or bilibili or wtv, than to actually try and improve the game, in the end, the chinese community bring more money into the game than us.

Come on people.  We all agreed to play a game with microtransactions.  Quit complaining that they reign supreme.  That's how its supposed to work.  The solution to this if you want it implemented is to suggest that anyone who makes a tournament can only pay reward points or have donator status to make it. 

10 hours ago, DrButler said:

The missing Pokemon and abilities is also something that is wanted from the competitive community and the way we plan to implement these to the game has been a current task for the Devs for a while now. Whilst this is a good suggestion and Squirtle recognized it as such, without dropping everything that's currently being worked on just for this feature to be added it's just not feasible that it will be added in a 'reasonable' amount of time. I think Bil put it best by saying the best this can do is move it up on the to do list

2 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

The missing Pokemon and abilities is also something that is wanted from the competitive community and the way we plan to implement these to the game has been a current task for the Devs for a while now. Whilst this is a good suggestion and Squirtle recognized it as such, without dropping everything that's currently being worked on just for this feature to be added it's just not feasible that it will be added in a 'reasonable' amount of time. I think Bil put it best by saying the best this can do is move it up on the to do list

but you don't need to drop anything, in order to work on a parallel project, just see how they implemented android mid way through fixing unova, abilities, items, moves, etc.

On 9/5/2018 at 6:18 AM, razimove said:

but you don't need to drop anything, in order to work on a parallel project, just see how they implemented android mid way through fixing unova, abilities, items, moves, etc.

Yes, but you can't work 100% in several projects at the same time.

They didn't say no, but you people are taking it as a no, sometimes i feel like people just look for excuses to complain, seriously. I'm in favor of this suggestion but i'm aware we can't have it implemented immediately because i know we have a limited amount of developers, they don't feel like hiring people, i can understand why, deal with it.

1 minute ago, SodaNaranja said:

Yes, but you can't work 100% in several projects at the same time.

They didn't say no, but you people are taking it as a no, sometimes i feel like people just look for excuses to complain, seriously. I'm in favor of this suggestion but i'm aware we can't have it implemented immediately because i know we have a limited amount of developers, they don't feel like hiring people, i can understand why, deal with it.

Ofc you can't, but neither can them work at 100% in one a time, as you can see. So that's a subject for another thread imo.

Thing is, he's not asking for it, in this exact moment, he's asking for it, to be implemented rather soon, as in, not in 10 year, but in a couple months to be fair, the idea isn't even something that complex. If they can find a time to implement android, I'm sure they can find a bit of time, somewhere in the future, to implement QoL features like this, that would actually make a lot of sense.

46 minutes ago, razimove said:

Ofc you can't, but neither can them work at 100% in one a time, as you can see. So that's a subject for another thread imo.

Thing is, he's not asking for it, in this exact moment, he's asking for it, to be implemented rather soon, as in, not in 10 year, but in a couple months to be fair, the idea isn't even something that complex. If they can find a time to implement android, I'm sure they can find a bit of time, somewhere in the future, to implement QoL features like this, that would actually make a lot of sense.

I'm not really sure about the complexity of the task so i won't say anything about that, i mean yeah, i bet they could work something out, but i bet they start doing that and Legendary Dungeons get delayed and people complain. Seasonals don't have their events and people complain. Sinnoh species get further away and people complain.

In my head i just find selfish for people to complain with devs over "you're taking too long" in some instances. And i know there will always be someone complaining, i just get mad when i see people that i know aren't stupid complaining as if everything is going to be easily fixed just by saying "work harder lol we mad game ded"

1 minute ago, SodaNaranja said:

I'm not really sure about the complexity of the task so i won't say anything about that, i mean yeah, i bet they could work something out, but i bet they start doing that and Legendary Dungeons get delayed and people complain. Seasonals don't have their events and people complain. Sinnoh species get further away and people complain.

In my head i just find selfish for people to complain with devs over "you're taking too long" in some instances. And i know there will always be someone complaining, i just get mad when i see people that i know aren't stupid complaining as if everything is going to be easily fixed just by saying "work harder lol we mad game ded"

Complaining is still free.

Regarding the game, lets be honest, if they didn't invest heavily into the chinese community, game was pretty dead. There's nothing to do in the game, cause they don't even make new events or anything to keep the game appealing to a veteran player. Check any MMO compared to this, they have rotating events, we got a whooping 2 per year, halloween/christmas. I also don't want the dungeons to be delayed, but is that, that far away? Last time I heard about it, it was to be released 'this summer', and previous to that was February 2k18.