Ability to View Other Player's Trainer Cards

BlockbyBlock

Question

16 answers to this question

Some voice in my head told me i need revive this topic.

So, the idea of watching other players card is maybe very limited, i was thinking in more like a ingame profile maybe?

The idea is simple, as stated in the first post, left click on any person. and an entry with profile appear:

(if somebody dont get it)

0skh.png

After clicking on "profile" a window (similar to the trainer card) appear.

Here we can see things like:

• The time played
  • Last time online
  • Some description about the character
  • Team membership
  • Number of pokemons on the pokedex
  • Pokemons to want to trade
  • Badges
  • Function to message (when the mailbox will be implemented)
  • Add as friend (maybe block too)
  • Avatar forum (when click, take to the forum account of the member)

Little mockup i was making (for this idea)

PhVqbc1.png

My necromancer powers dont want calm down, and some voice in my head told me i need revive another topic.

So, the idea of watching other players card is maybe very limited, i was thinking in more like a ingame profile maybe?

The idea is simple, as stated in the first post, left click on any person. and an entry with profile appear:

(if somebody dont get it)

0skh.png

After clicking on "profile" a window (similar to the trainer card) appear.

Here we can see things like:

• The time played
  • Last time online
  • Some description about the character
  • Team membership
  • Number of pokemons on the pokedex
  • Pokemons to want to trade
  • Badges
  • Function to message (when the mailbox will be implemented)
  • Add as friend (maybe block too)
  • Avatar forum (when click, take to the forum account of the member)

Little mockup i was making (for this idea)

PhVqbc1.png

You just needed to show u had played this game over 2000 hours??? you should add regristration date :P

I support 100% ! I like the profile pic. It adds more personality and uniqueness. A tiny critique is I would like "trainer since" on it like on our trainer cards also.

on a side note, I miss blockbyblock. I used to chat to him sometimes. He seemed like a smart player and also a nice person.

Okay, since looks like the topic is revived again, i want to update a little the suggestion.

First come, the mock up:

Ph_Vqbc1.png

Added things other people suggested, like the customized trainer sprite (what is going to be added eventualy to the game, for the battle screen).

Also the idea of link the account of the forum to the ingame character maybe is not the best. Other great alternative, for example the ability to link our shop topic in the profile (something like "shop button" somewhere, not included on the mock up).

Also i forgot to put again the "trainer since" on the card, just think is there  :P

For the same reason you can't post clickable links in any chat except Team Chat, having clickable links in your profile page would be bad too. Linking to your forum account isn't necessarily bad, and if done right could maybe potentially increase forum usage (which is a good thing, players who use the forums are a LOT more likely to play longer), but it's probably way too much work to be worth it, since it would require integration on the forum end.

Linking pokemon is also a bit problematic. Currently, you can only successfully link pokemon that are in your party. Presumably, this is to prevent players from linking pokemon they don't own, either to spy or to troll. Unless they add linking from a PC, you wouldn't be able to link pokemon in your profile unless they're in your party, which wouldn't be very helpful.

Lastly, for the About/Wishlist/ForSale sections, the best approach is just a single text box that players can use how they want to. If they want to use it as a profile, or a wishlist, or for a haiku, or any combination, then just leave that up to them. No point splitting it up into different categories; just let them pick how they want to use it.

But yeah, a profile page would be great. The picture is a really great idea too, especially if we're getting updated player battle sprites anyway.

The in game characters won't be linking to the forums, someone may suggest that the individual can input a URL there but that would cause issues of course.

The English needs a bit of sprucing up, but I don't dislike the concept. I'd prefer to be able to pick privacy settings though (toggle on and off the options of viewing play time, and other information that could be added there. Can you view this if the player is offline (I doubt that is possible for players to access)? If not then why would the "last login" information be there? I don't know if putting up a bunch of Pokemon that can be traded is possible, but if so that's fairly interesting. 

It's not a bad concept, just not thought out well enough imo (referring to Greck's remake). I think being able to "check others out" in game could be beneficial however. 

Also all of these banned ex staff

[spoiler] omf a freakin' admin[/spoiler]