Help me with my glaceon moveset

As a glaceon enthusiast I'd like some help from the veterans of pokemon. Two different move pools I had in mind were:

Synchronoise

Frost breath

Ice shard

Ice beam/blizzard

This one I thought would be good for the fighting type coverage.

The other move set was

Frost breath

Barrier

Substitute

Ice shard

The plan here was to use substitute then barrier to better deal with mostly dragon types. 

What do you guys think is best? Obviously I'm open to different movesets. Thank you :)

10 minutes ago, kindaneko said:

Synchronoise

Synchronise only deals damage against Pokemon which share the same typing so in this case only against Ice types. I don't think its worth it in this case.

Other moves which I've seen on comp glaceon sets include shadow ball, HP ground and Hail for although that's usually for Blizzard and Snow cloak.

Overall I think the second set is better in my opinion although it only offers an Ice type attacking threat :)

41 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

Synchronise only deals damage against Pokemon which share the same typing so in this case only against Ice types. I don't think its worth it in this case.

Other moves which I've seen on comp glaceon sets include shadow ball, HP ground and Hail for although that's usually for Blizzard and Snow cloak.

Overall I think the second set is better in my opinion although it only offers an Ice type attacking threat :)

Hmm I didn't know synchronoise worked like that but it did seem too powerful for 100% accuracy.

I plan on having other pokemon for hail xd thank you!

6 hours ago, Aard said:

Choice specs:

Ice beam

Shadow ball

Hidden power (look at whatever tier you want to use it in and pick the best one)

Frost breath (or if you have no other heal bell user you can stick it on but you have to know how to predict so you don't lock yourself into a heal bell in a bad situation)

I'm sorry for taking so long to answer but what do you think about choice scarf since her spc attack is already great but she's lacking speed. That way barrier and substitute would be useless and I would have space for shadow ball and other moves.

39 minutes ago, kindaneko said:

choice scarf since her spc attack is already great but she's lacking speed. That way barrier and substitute would be useless and I would have space for shadow ball and other moves

Wouldn't go choice scarf at all. Depending on exact nature and IVs. Even with after choice scarf its still at around 125 speed at Level 50 which is absolutely nothing compared to anything remotely sweeperish. Also running a choice item would ideally require 4 attacking moves to be fully viable and thus can't take advantage of Glaceons more defense based characteristics.

18 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

Wouldn't go choice scarf at all. Depending on exact nature and IVs. Even with after choice scarf its still at around 125 speed at Level 50 which is absolutely nothing compared to anything remotely sweeperish. Also running a choice item would ideally require 4 attacking moves to be fully viable and thus can't take advantage of Glaceons more defense based characteristics.

It would hit 192 after scarf at lv50 assuming max IV's EV's and Timid

13 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

It would hit 192 after scarf at lv50 assuming max IV's EV's and Timid

Oof my bad. I wasn't basing off a  natured speed EV one. But yeah 192 is enough. Requires a full attacking moveset I'd still say. 

Edited by Linfanz

I would probably use Wish, Protect, Toxic, Ice Beam/Blizzard (depending if you wanna be cool and play a hail team with Vanilluxe).

Glaceon is kinda in a tricky spot. Its typing and defenses aren't amazing but it has basically no offensive movepool whatsoever. As beautiful as it is as a Pokemon, they just didn't give her any legitimate tools to establish itself a niche neither offensively or defensively.

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Its typing and defenses aren't amazing but it has basically no offensive movepool whatsoever. 

Agreed on typing, but not agreed on defenses. 65/115/95 are far far from not amazing defenses (On a offensive Pokemon) 

For the offensive movepool, its not wide, but is enough imo. Ice beam-Frost breath - Hyper voice - Hp fire - hits everything it needs to hit. You can even switch one of the iced moves for water pulse/substitute.

What in my opinion lays it down is the base speed.

1 hour ago, pachima said:

Agreed on typing, but not agreed on defenses. 65/115/95 are far far from not amazing defenses (On a offensive Pokemon) 

For the offensive movepool, its not wide, but is enough imo. Ice beam-Frost breath - Hyper voice - Hp fire - hits everything it needs to hit. You can even switch one of the iced moves for water pulse/substitute.

What in my opinion lays it down is the base speed.

HP Ground > Fire imo