Help on EV upgrading

I heard that u can upgrade EV on a level 1 poke faster if u give him an exp share and a macho brace to the pokemon who is fighting, but that doesnt work for me since my abra receives the normal EV (abra is the poke with exp share). Could someone tell me what i am doing wrong? 

1 hour ago, ElChusky said:

I heard that u can upgrade EV on a level 1 poke faster if u give him an exp share and a macho brace to the pokemon who is fighting, but that doesnt work for me since my abra receives the normal EV (abra is the poke with exp share). Could someone tell me what i am doing wrong? 

macho brace give double iv to the pokemon holding it (needs to be a part of the fight) and exp share give the normal amount of ev to the pokemon holding it also it's not in any way faster to ev train a lvl 1 pokemon. the only thing it is better for is for not having to spend money on ev reducing berries.

1 hour ago, ElChusky said:

I heard that u can upgrade EV on a level 1 poke faster if u give him an exp share and a macho brace to the pokemon who is fighting

Nope that's not how it works. The quickest way for me EV train level one pokes is to give the macho brace to the Lv1 poke and place it first in the party. Then when EV training against hordes, switch out the LV1 poke immediately for a Level 100 pokemon with an AOE move like Earthquake or Surf which ideally can also take hits from the horde pokemon due to typing .etc. The above method gets you both twice the usual amount of EVs and also Exp as it participated in the battle. :)

18 hours ago, Linfanz said:

Nope that's not how it works. The quickest way for me EV train level one pokes is to give the macho brace to the Lv1 poke and place it first in the party. Then when EV training against hordes, switch out the LV1 poke immediately for a Level 100 pokemon with an AOE move like Earthquake or Surf which ideally can also take hits from the horde pokemon due to typing .etc. The above method gets you both twice the usual amount of EVs and also Exp as it participated in the battle. :)

yeah, that's what im doing now but obviusly it would be faster if it could be as I said, thank you guys