[OU] Howling Flames (Thursday, 6th September)

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 128 Players | 6v6 OU | Bracket

Date & Time

Thursday,6th September | 8:30pm UTC - 9:30pm BST - 4:30PM EDT Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

OU Ban List

Spoiler

OU Ban List

Dugtrio | Wobbuffet

Move Ban List

Spoiler

Baton Pass 

Draco Meteor+Hydreigon

Nasty Plot+ Mismagius

First Place Prize

arcanine.gif

GIFT Arcanine

Your choice of nature, four moves, with IVs 3x31 & 3x30

&

1,300,000 Pokeyen OR 1,300 Reward Points

Second Place Prize

700,000 Pokeyen OR 700 Reward Points

Third & Fourth Place Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points 

5th - 8th Place Prize

125,000 Pokeyen OR 125 Reward Points

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

I mean, prizes should be shiny and if reasonable value so yeah

thats just not possible, 60% of OU are shinies that cant be given due to staff regulations and shit. leaves you with 40% that are given out as much as possible. I dont know if you know this, but the cooldowns are too long to be able to give you a shiny for every tourney. Its just not possible to keep up with the demand in tourneys and give a shiny for each one. 

8 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

thats just not possible, 60% of OU are shinies that cant be given due to staff regulations and shit. leaves you with 40% that are given out as much as possible. I dont know if you know this, but the cooldowns are too long to be able to give you a shiny for every tourney. Its just not possible to keep up with the demand in tourneys and give a shiny for each one. 

Might be an idea to not fuck the players on prizes rather than cooldowns, I get you can’t fix that but why play a 128 man bracket for a comp that’s been available for 6 years? 

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

Might be an idea to not fuck the players on prizes rather than cooldowns, I get you can’t fix that but why play a 128 man bracket for a comp that’s been available for 6 years? 

Cooldowns are never gonna be shorter. Staff is unlikely to change its mind regarding shiny cooldowns and arguing the case never worked either. best CMs and Moderators can do is either give you these comp prizes or prolong the time between tourneys, and I know neither is optimal or even wanted, but thats the best they can do. However you could argue that the prizes could be shinies that arent in the tier, which makes the shinies basically useless, but still shiny

2 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Cooldowns are never gonna be shorter. Staff is unlikely to change its mind regarding shiny cooldowns and arguing the case never worked either. best CMs and Moderators can do is either give you these comp prizes or prolong the time between tourneys, and I know neither is optimal or even wanted, but thats the best they can do. However you could argue that the prizes could be shinies that arent in the tier, which makes the shinies basically useless, but still shiny

Just give me more foongus and I’m happy 

Just now, DoctorPBC said:

Just give me more foongus and I’m happy 

you're not looking for a solution if this is your answer. foonguss is a terrible OU shiny and is pretty bad in doubles(I think)

instead of complaining, maybe find a solution that is possible instead of complaining about every tourney that gets made.

1 minute ago, Bilburt said:

you're not looking for a solution if this is your answer. foonguss is a terrible OU shiny and is pretty bad in doubles(I think)

instead of complaining, maybe find a solution that is possible instead of complaining about every tourney that gets made.

You literally just told me there isn’t a solution, until then I will shitpost because it isn’t good enough and it’s the only way to voice my frustrations. 

You literally just told me there isn’t a solution, until then I will shitpost because it isn’t good enough and it’s the only way to voice my frustrations. 

I just gave you a solution, Shinies that arent in any tier, such as Stantler, a useless shiny in any tier, but still pretty and wanted.

Just now, Bilburt said:

I just gave you a solution, Shinies that arent in any tier, such as Stantler, a useless shiny in any tier, but still pretty and wanted.

Ok don’t confuse my sarcasm with not wanting a shiny, I’d personally take other mons because there is gimmicks that make sense in higher tiers. I don’t play enough to know them however 

Ok don’t confuse my sarcasm with not wanting a shiny, I’d personally take other mons because there is gimmicks that make sense in higher tiers. I don’t play enough to know them however 

I mean my "solution" means that there is a possibility you're gonna end up with a noctowl, or even a rat. and thus completely useless to everyone and their mums. It is however the only way to give you a shiny for these kind of tourneys

8 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

I got it the start of this year 

noice, point being. Petition for useless nice shinies, 

mind you. as far as I know theres still a limit to shinies that can be given out, so dont get your hopes up too much

2 hours ago, Bilburt said:

Cooldowns are never gonna be shorter. Staff is unlikely to change its mind regarding shiny cooldowns and arguing the case never worked either.

Do you happen to know why? Its not as if this messes with the shiny economy since they're gifts, im not trying to blame cms, since theyre just listening to the rules layed out for them, but I am curious why these 124 man events have to make do with sub par prizes. Also could the cash reward be increased to such an extent to accommodate for the drop in the shiny prize?(I do understand this change would have an influence on the economy) 

I know you aint a cm anymore bil so this isn't really.addressed at you, unless you got some answers

11 minutes ago, Havsha said:

Do you happen to know why? Its not as if this messes with the shiny economy since they're gifts, im not trying to blame cms, since theyre just listening to the rules layed out for them, but I am curious why these 124 man events have to make do with sub par prizes. Also could the cash reward be increased to such an extent to accommodate for the drop in the shiny prize?(I do understand this change would have an influence on the economy) 

I know you aint a cm anymore bil so this isn't really.addressed at you, unless you got some answers

When I was barely a CM for a month this change was implemented, I remember Kay and I arguing the point for days, but the best we got was higher stats on comp prizes, SGMs and Devs seem to think that releasing more shinies than they are doing now will impact the shiny market in a negative way, I never really got an convincing argument, but regardless they were unwilling to change their viewpoint. Besides that, alot of shinies in OU have a high cooldown. some have cooldowns of over a half year, this is unlikely to ever change, although we never argued this point. As for increasing the cash prizes, I remember have a short argument about this, and this also was not going to change, the best you can do is hope for a increase in maximum shinies given, now the playerbase has grown to such a big size that the past amount of tournaments made are no longer enough, and ofcourse the impact of these shinies will be less.